DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

'Oh nice idea. I hope they like Europe.' Between the two of us it doesn't sound like there will be a choice in the matter. 'But I'll leave the poetry to you. I think my clues will mirror the style I used in naming my boat, give them a starting point.'

A turn of the head as he sifts through information on ghosts. 'I think that would be because it depends to what, who or where the ghost anchors which is often not associated to the place of death.' Well it could be but far more often in his experience it is not the case. 'Things of value like that often end up getting buried or cremated with the body hence the build up of ghosts in such places.' He nods accepting her limitations. 'I have no issue doing the scouting. I can let you know if I find anything I need help acquiring or once I've acquired it for the experiment.' I'm certainly not going to leave to sit out in the wild.

'If the opportunity comes up I'll take it. Just it isn't something I've gone actively searching for.' But she's right any experience is worth the doing at least once.

Hadn't thought of that. 'No wonder you got your own way of things.' That must weigh a bit or maybe not considering the choice in Arcanum she's made. 'Still I'll record it for you, wouldn't want you to miss out completely. Who knows we might end up filling the choir stands in the circle one day.' Grinning good naturedly.

Ouch she has me there. He bows his head in defeat for a moment before looking back up. 'Yes, yes I see the hypocrisy now you point it out. Fine how does this sound put the word out in December for a formal meeting in January. Give people time to clear schedules and add to the itinerary if they want to.' It might not just be us that has things to say.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “You know, I didn’t actually think about writing the poetry, but sounds like I’m going to have learn.” She liked the culture, but wasn’t a poet herself. “We’ll see where that goes.” Who knows, maybe it will go well.

“I’ve always thought ghosts need a reason to remain behind. Rather it be an event or a person, I don’t believe ghosts hangout just because. Then again, I’m no expert.” Just toss thoughts out there. “Sure! Just let me know and I’ll be there.” Why not, might be fun.

Smirking, “Who knows, you might actually enjoy it. They’re quite different to speak with.” Though she didn’t know why.

A hand briefly touches her chest, “You’re too kind, thank you! I will cherish the recording.” It was nice to be able to joke and just relax.

“I just wanted you be aware of it in case it came up. The whole getting caught off guard thing sucks.” Especially when you’re being called out. “I think that sounds fair enough.”

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

With an easy grin. 'I have no doubt it'll go very well.' Shrugging nonchalantly 'And hey if it doesn't, well its use it for something post death so I think you'll be a little beyond being judged.' His look becomes slightly more evaluative. 'Would you care to have a go at solving the riddle of my boats name? see if the codes hard enough for what we want.' She certainty seems capable enough.

'Yes unfinished business.' Air quotes. 'Is a tried and tested way for getting the ghost to move on. Hence the anchor is often associated with that rather than the moment of death. An artist might anchor to its unfinished works, a parent to a child's stuffed animal, or the child itself.' That one was a bit rough. It seems he is drawing on experience for his examples. 'That's not to say location of death, the killer the means of death can't serve as anchors they do in several cases.' Chambers speaks with confidence, it seems ghosts might be something of a speciality of his.

Returning the smirk. 'Well I certainty won't know till I try, although the first step would be finding someone who can give me the ability to have such a conversation.' Its not something I'm likely to work out by myself.

He just laughs at the antics regarding the sing along, but has nothing more to add.

This half smile doesn't reach his eyes, he's clearly not looking forward to this, but October has convinced him and he has resolved to do it. 'In that case I'll put a sign up in December and let people know as we and when we cross paths during the month.' Hopefully the others are as willing to get official business going as we are, and not to harsh in their criticism.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle, “You have more faith in my abilities then I do, that’s for sure.” Writing a poem is not something she had ever attempted. Raising an eyebrow, “There is a riddle with your boats name? Sure, I’m game.” Pausing for a moment, “If memory serves me right, which I know it does, the name of the boat is XXXVXCVXCVC.” Of course her memory was right, she hardly ever forgot anything.

“You certainly know more than I do. I go based off what I hear and gather, putting theories to the test if I can. I was going to say that location can very well be an anchor as well. Look at abandoned asylums for example. There is nothing left as far as personal property, especially if it’s been many years abandoned, yet some ghosts still hold on. Perhaps memory, or a specific memory can hold them somewhere as well. After all, we can look to other cultures that tell takes of ghosts and spirits unable to move on because of emotion. There is a lot we don’t know or understand about ghosts.” Sure, the arcana they had made them able to dive deeper into it, but they would never fully understand it. At least, not in her mind.

“There is a Thyrsus in town, but I don’t think he’s shared how far into his arcana he is. Not that it’s really any of our business.” Shrugging, “But someday it will come up.” It always does.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A teasing smile this time. 'Should I have reason not to have faith in your skills?' You seem pretty competent as a person after all.

He entwines his fingers, watching her think over his puzzle. 'Yes that's right, spot on.' Anticipation dances in his eyes. 'No ones got it yet.' For good reason.

Hands part into an open palmed shrug. 'As I said My early Mysterium training was to locate anchors, which meant running into ghosts from time to time. Its something any Moros can do so serves as a good exercise to learn high speech with.' Take something already known and add to it to see the difference.

Readjusting in his seat a little to catch the light in the window, now lower in the sky. 'Oh something about the place certainty anchors them, again exactly what is debated.' Strong emotion, trauma, memory, all variations on a theme really. 'Given that most ghosts can be moved on I wager there is some unresolved want about the place, what that is could vary dramatically ghost to ghost though.' Proper therapy, vengeance, just plain old permission to leave maybe?

A moment, a look of just straight contemplation as he considers Walker. 'There is, but I'm going to see how he shakes out before I go asking for favours.' Something about him leaves a little to be desired, but that might abate with time. 'Sit him down for a welcome first and all that.' Much as I've done with you, just maybe less death pacts.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leaning back, “To be fair, you have me at a disadvantage here, those letters could tie to a couple different things. My first instinct is the roman numeral chart, but that leaves me with a fairly large number. Even combining the numbers leaves me with the same problem.” A pause to think before shaking her head, “I’m afraid I’m going to have throw in the towel on this one and admit defeat.
    Too many variables and I don’t know you well enough to know which way you’d go. Though it is possible I am overthinking it.”
    Either way, she wasn’t able to work it out.

“It’s a vast and intriguing subject that’s for sure.” One she’d be happy learning more about.

A knowing smile, “I don’t blame you there. Not someone I foresee myself asking much of that’s for sure. But I also don’t want to associate myself with someone who seems to enjoy,” hmm, how to word this, “stirring the pot when they can. I’d rather be low-key and not draw attention.” She’d busted her ass too much to get where she was to just fuck it up. “Then I wish you luck with it.” Didn’t sound like she would be extending the same.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

His grin of acceptance is not judgemental just well practiced. 'That's fair enough, your first instinct is a good one. The first step is Roman numerals but without knowing the second and third steps that won't help you. Would you like me to show you, or would you like to take it away?' In case I snuff it first it might actually be worth having someone who knows my code after all.

'
    Well I'll get on finding us a ghost than.' It was actually very nice to have someone who actually seemed to want to do something magic related.

His mouth forms a thin line as he thinks on Walker. 'I think. I think he seems to represent the worst stereotypes I've heard about the free council. Now don't get me wrong I've been out drinking, I've been to parties, but I don't do magic at these events, and I don't break the law.' Thinking again. 'Maybe as we get to know him it won't be all that bad, at least I hope not.' Or maybe he'll learn from those around him, goes back to the giving someone a chance from earlier.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A soft chuckle, “You’ve made a exceptional puzzle.” Credit where it was due, she was ok not knowing everything. That would make life boring as hell. “If you wish to share, I would love to know. Puzzles are fun, a good way to exercise the brain.” So long as you had all the pieces.

“I can’t wait, it’s an excuse to get away from work, and have a bit of fun.” ghost might not really be in her wheel house, but it would be fun.

There was the touch of a smirk, “You drink and go to parties?” obviously just giving him a hard time. “The logically part of me understands what you are saying, but sometimes I can’t go with logic. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and see if he evolves, but sometimes what you see if what you get.” Shrugging, “We’ll see, I’ll at least keep an open mind.” But that was all she could offer.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

The look he gives October can only be called mischievous. 'As we've said where is the fun in making it easy. I'll tell you the steps and see if you get it from there. Step 1: Roman numerals. Step 2: Convert via English gematria. Step 3: Be up to speed on your ancient Egyptian myths.' He pauses deliberating for a moment. 'And a hint, to help narrow the field. The name is tied to my path.' The trick is to work backwards, oh and in your case I guess realise that numbers are more than scientific absolutes. Of course any puzzle can be brute forced if you know the code but at that point its basically solved already.

'Oh I know, I'm the very picture of troubled youth.' Casting a hand over his eyes in mock shame. Chambers has no issue playing into a joke at his own expense.

'I told you, not every mage adheres completely to their archetype.' The feeblest of justification occurs. 'Besides drinking and celebrating are a natural part of the grieving process, how can I claim to understand death if I don't fully embrace every aspect of it.' He is playing into the joke but there's something semi serious to the statement. You know that's actually a valid point.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I would need the time to look at Egyptian myths, unless you don’t mind me looking them up on my cell right now. But having three different steps to figure out is quite genius.” And if it was something to do with his Path, which she is guessing Death, it did narrow it down.

Laughing, “Troubled youth or simply testing boundaries and learning who you are?” or maybe a bit of everything.

An amused sigh, “You do make some excellent points.”

But the amusement leaves her face as she seems to reach for something on her hip, a pager. “Oh for fucks sake,” she begins, “I swear having a day off doesn’t actually mean actually having the day off.” It was frustrating, but it was also par for the course.

Coming up on the 30 day mark so figured we could start to wrap

15. Likes liked this post
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread