DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Eyes light up at the possibilities. 'So what are we thinking? A series of clues left in our passing designed to lead others on a little chase first.' There was a movie like that I think. 'Or just a more standard sealed will kind of deal.' I wonder if anyone would follow up if something elaborate was left.

He chews the next question over, it can be a very sensitive topic. 'You mentioned some small familiarity with death. Have you ever spoken to a ghost?' The comment about haunting had made him curious, and in her profession it seemed likely.

Fingers entwine, a motion of resigned patience. 'Hm I've reached the same conclusions. He might be stoic but he does talk when he wants to.' The fair proved that. 'Either way I'll keep at it, he might thaw to me one day.' And hopefully before something he knows could have prevented disaster. 'If its trauma well, I'm sorry but my intention is prevent more of it.' He isn't trying to cruel just practical, a balancing act that clearly does make him a little uncomfortable.

A grimace admitting this was a blow to something he held in high regard. 'I mention it because ...' This is gonna sting. 'The lock has been removed from it.' And I have no idea who by. One eye is winced shut while the other watches.

The order might disagree, on the grounds anything penned by a Mystagogue is a Mysterium document. But that's unhelpful. 'I am open to other suggestions, we don't seem to have a public library to put it in. Do we know if the organ is actually in the organ loft? That would be out of immediate sight but still public.' Heck if the hidden cubby under the alter exists it would be a good spot.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Enchantress laughs, “Oh, we cannot go standard! We have to lead them on a chase, make them work for it!” cause of course.

Had she expected the question? Kinda. “I’ve seen and spoken with ghosts over the years. After all, I do deal with death on a near constant basis, it’s why I studied Death and not Life. But why do you ask? I haven’t gotten any life changing information from one if you were looking for that.” She jokes.

A nod, “And when he does talk, it is always worth listening to. I might not know him, but the times I’ve heard him really talk about something, it’s important and worth paying close attention.” Maybe she’d reach out and see if he wanted to touch base or something. “I understand you’re wanting to prevent more trauma, but trauma is still trauma and needs to be handled carefully and with compassion.” It was something she understood for her work.

The mug pauses in midair as she pauses, then lowers, “Wait, what?” did she hear him right? “Did someone break into the Order wing? Because if so, then there needs to be an investigation. I might not belong to an Order, but crimes against any Order should be dealt with swiftly and justly.” What the hell happened?

“Hmm, I don’t really have an alternative yet to suggest. But I believe there should be one before the idea is presented. I don’t know much of the Circle or the building, perhaps there is a room or some place in the basement or event attic space that could work?”

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Her sense of humour is spot on. Clearly enjoying himself here. 'So famous land marks? riddles?, I'm open to ideas here.'

He leans back into his chair a little, stretching but without wanting to stand. 'Just curious, its not an experience all awakened have. As a phenomena I dedicate quite a bit of time to their study, and find there is always more going on beneath the surface.' A glance of open curiosity. 'Do you have any strong opinions on what they are, those I've spoken to are quite divided.'

He nods assenting to her wisdom here. 'I have come to the same conclusion myself.' Thinking, dragging up something. He snaps his fingers when he gets it. 'Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools speak because they have to say something.' That fits him well.

He nods again, she has a lot of good points he can't disagree with. 'I do understand, its not an area I excel in I'm afraid.' Stygia does not lend itself to bleeding hearts.

A sigh, mixing up the order of conversation intentionally. 'When I put forward the proposal I can ask if such a location exists and is suitable.'

Now though, now he can't dodge it. Why did I bring this up. 'I don't know.' It sucks to admit that. 'It could have been. The order could have taken it with them when they left, totally cleaned house. It could have been censors if they found out the order had left its treasures unattended. It could be a unique property of the circle, Winter has alluded to it not just being a building. When a wing is empty it unlocks it so others can use it?' For the first time this conversation true frustration is apparent. 'I just don't know.' And I don't have the means to find out.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Hmmm, both of those are excellent options. But why not mix both together? And,” the word dragged out a bit, “add a good book cipher?” she’d always found those to be fascinating when done right.

Nodding, “That is true, and I think some prefer to keep their mind closed to it.” But she could be wrong on that. “To be honest, I hadn’t really put much thought into it. But from those I’ve spoken with, I believe it to be part of the soul that is unable, for some reason, to continue to wherever they go. I’ve spoken to some that remember details of their living life that no one else could have known, leading me to think it’s part of the person that separates. I have no concrete proof of this, just what I’ve observed. I can see why it would have people divided, it brings into play other beliefs that not everyone is ready or willing to dive into. What about you?” only fair.

Laughing, at both the snap and the words, “That seems to fit. I’ve come across many fools in my time.” Then again, her Path was often referred to one of the Fool.

Shaking her head, “I’m no expert, not by any stretch of the imagination. But I’ve had to take courses in school on the matter. So I’ve picked up a few things, but I still suck with the whole thing.” She tended to be to the point.

Her lips purse as she thinks it over, “I mean, it would make sense for censors to come and remove things. It’s kinda part of their job and all. But I have a hard time believing they left no way to communicate about it.” But she wasn’t with them a long time either. “I’m not sure if we’re able to use magic within the walls of the Circle, but I could see if I could try and read the past. I can’t guarantee anything, as Time, like Fate, is fickle and doesn’t always want to give up her secrets. But I’m willing to try.”

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Nodding appreciatively 'That'll take some planning but I like it.' Its clear he is already trying to think of which books he could use.

'That's one of the major competing theories. The other being the ghost is some kind of empty shell or left over imprint a pale reflection of what was, to account for the incomplete and static nature of them.' He takes a drink to give pause for thought. 'As you said earlier we know souls exist, and they we can fairly say that they can be manipulated or changed.' Point and case legacy refinements. 'For now I lean more to the imprint idea however, as no ghost I have ever met shows the capability to form new wants or desires only those leftover from life. Which if it was in any way part of a person capability for growth should be present.' Shrugging gently. 'But both theories have their merits.'

'Well hopefully the next person to show up is some kind of awakened therapist than.' He is half joking, smiling but also considering. Actually that would be a great and dangerous way to ferret out information if someone has the skills.

Now this is a measure of trust, but if I'm not going to trust her then who would I? 'I haven't tried yet, but if you would be willing to give it a ago I would be indebted. Knowing if we have a major problem or just especially cautious order members would be a weight off.' And let me know if its safe to use the area.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Just remember, we can’t go easy on them, need to make them work for it.” Cause no one liked an easy challenge.

“Hmmm,” a slow nod, “ok, I could see that.” Noting some of the conversations she had personally had with Spirits. “You know, I’ve never given much thought to the Spirits wants and desires. I’ve only spoken to a handful and it’s usually circled around their death or some other event that has left them unable to move forward.” It wasn’t something she went out of her way to deal with. “The angry ones are always a handful to deal with.” Then again, who knows how pissed she’d be if she was dead.

Shaking her head with a chuckle, “If the next one is, count me out of whatever therapy they offer. I have my own ways of dealing with things.” And it wasn’t anyones business.

“Sure, I can take a look.” It wouldn’t take too much of her time, and it was a way of doing something to help someone. “Do you know if any of the other Orders have mentioned a similar incident?”

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

'I wouldn't dream of making it easy. Besides who are they going to complain to if its to hard?.' His tone mockingly incredulous.

'And that's what promotes me to think they are not a part of the soul. It is that that they remain stuck on exactly those wants and desires, revolving around their death or unfinished business like an echo of life rather than a part of it. Actually here's an interesting point there is a novice application of death that allows an awakened to see the state of a soul. I never thought to apply it to a ghost. That could have curious results. I don't suppose you have?' Now to think of it couldn't that wrap this up very easily? He begins to ponder.

A look of confusion. 'I was always lead to believe spirts are distinct from ghosts. Have you had much experience speaking with those?' As my path clearly favours one over the other the difference is hard to ignore for me.

'Since we're on the topic of awakened experiences, have you ever participated in a duel of the arcane? its another fairly unique one.' He is more reserved in broaching this, clearly lacking the same enthusiasm as talking of ghosts. That or he has unpleasant experiences.

'Well since you do sounds like you wouldn't need their services.' She hasn't elaborated and he's not about to pry, he has his methods to. 'I do wonder what kind of technique they'd use, some how I'm not sure lying on a coach would cut it for some of the stuff we have to deal with. Although several awakened do already keep dream journals?' The tease is light hearted, not meaning to be disrespectful of the profession.

A grateful smile. 'In all earnestness I do appreciate that.' It might not be him to do it, but he had proven ill fitted to the task and getting the bottom of the situation would be a relief.

'If they have, it hasn't been made known, neither has this beyond myself till right now.' The whole situation a mark of shame for sure, and it shows. 'Bare in mind I don't know everyone's order affiliations but even if Witch an Winter are both separate orders not covered by me, Philip and Walker that would still leave one wing unchecked.' Winter I honestly don't know, Witch did respond with the secret signal but she's taking a dam long time to make contact about it. 'From what I know the Mysterium's wing has been in the state since at the earliest just before I arrived in July if not before.' And nothing disturbing has happened since I got here.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Enchantress laughs, “Glad we’re on the same page then!” hell, maybe it’d be fun to get something started now.

“You’re line of thinking isn’t wrong, and I don’t think anyone really has given it much thought. Well, maybe a Thyrsus, but I’ve never really asked one.” Spirits were kinda their thing. “I’ve never tried it myself, though I have the ability to. Wonder what it would reveal? Any thoughts?” she just dabbled in Death.

A shake of her head, “The only time I’ve spoken with Spirits is when someone has given the ability to. And it was usually when we were trying to learn what happened or something else in regards to an investigation. Ghosts are more in line with what I can do on my own. From my minimum, very minimum, understand of Spirits, they are different.” Would she ever look into Spirits? Maybe.

Eyebrow arches at the questions, “Personally?” a shake of her head, “No. But I’ve seen a few over my years. The ones I’ve seen have been, in my opinion, over the pettiest bullshit.” But, whatever people had to do to feel better.

“Nope, none of those services for me. Others learn about your fears and insecurities just opens the door for it to be used against you.” That’s how she saw it anyways. “Not sure, but I have heard that the whole laying on a couch thing is just a myth. If someone thinks a dream journal helps them, then, more power to them.” She was on the fence about the whole dream thing. “So long as no expects everyone to sit around a camp fire and share our dreams, then I’m drawing the line.” No thanks.

“No problem, it’ll be nice to be able to help with something.” Sacramento had quieted down.
    She wasn’t sure if he planned to share it or not, “Consider it between us then unless you decide to share it with someone else. Not my wing, not my business to share.” That would rest with him.

“Interesting, it might be worth bringing up, if nothing else, it puts the other Orders on alert.” Might be worthwhile. “Just curious that the Mysterium wing would be like that. Do you know if it housed anything dangerous?” pausing, “I’m not looking to gain knowledge of what was and is kept there, I’m just curious. As if it was something dangerous, it would give motive.”

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Scheming, concocting. 'Well if we're thinking difficulty I say lets get them going international.' For him a necessity really if his body was to get home. 'I say a little trip through Athens, than onto Varanasi before finally back to where I was born.' Of all things I thought I might do today planning a death pact was not one of them but hey ho fun times. 'What about yourself any preliminary ideas?' Getting a little excited to see just what she had in store.

Raising eyebrows. 'I have no idea, but I'm very curious now. We would need a ghost and they aren't a dime a dozen.' But some areas are more likely than others to have them pop up. 'You've said you don't mix work and awakened things to often so I'll say now I'm not expecting you to precure one I can take on that task.' Yeah he has a few ideas already. 'If you'd be interested in collaborating on the investigation?' She had left the order after all, it might not be her thing, or to close to work maybe?

He is not dismissive, but spirits really are not his thing, and it does show. 'I only note the difference by my paths affinity for one Arcanum and restricted access to the other.' And the difficulty I seem to have in grasping the concepts required. 'I have never spoken to one.' You don't go to a Moros to deal with spirits unless your out of options.

Miming shock. 'And miss the rousing round of Kumbaya? for shame.' He shrugs comically. 'Well I guess that's how I show I've never been to therapy.' They would call him, any awakened, insane. 'Can you imagine even if it was safe trying to explain half of what we do.' A moment to ponder. ' ... and then I stared at the aura really really hard and it gave off bad vibes.' He begins to chuckle ... then stops. Hang on a minute.

Getting serious again. 'The discretion is appreciated. It will be hard to admit.' Why I wasn't even here when it happened. 'But yes you are right.' He can almost hear some of the comments already. 'With two propositions and a security announcement sounds like we might need to call an official meeting to order. Was there a pattern to those we can reinstate, or do reckon just wing it?' Things do tend to go better if pre-established.

'I have no idea, my fellow Mystagogues could not put me in contact with anyone from the order out this way so I don't know what was on the inventory.' All in all he doesn't know a lot.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes light up, “Oh, now there is a good idea! Add an intriguing twist with a bit of elevated difficulty. I love it!” plus, who wouldn’t want to travel?! “I think I would add in some Norway and Sweden, perhaps a bit of Germany as well. Tie in my interests.” Why not? “I would also focus on both traditional and unknown Skaldic poetry, really make them work for it.” Might as well have fun.

Laughing, “I haven’t come across many in the hospital, which is surprising given how much death happens there. I think you would have better chances in a cemetery, or a place known for ghost activity. I’m not willing to look around where I work for a ghost, but if you have some place else in mind, I’d be down to go.” But her work was off limits.

“I mean, I don’t think you’re missing much, but it’s worth doing at least once if someone gives you the ability.” In case it was a bucket list or something.

Holding a hand up, “I know, I hear the whole singing as a group thing is very uplifting and a good group activity. But I’ll still pass.” Humor in her voice. “I’ve been a handful of times, it’s something they require you to do when you lose a patient on the table. Just to make sure your head is still in the right mindset and all that.” It sounded like it bored her.

“There is always a risk with sharing such information, but I think the bigger picture is more important. If there is a thief with access to the Circle and the Order wings, it puts us all at risk. And if you’re going to be upset about Winter withholding information..” she lets the thought trail off, he knew what she was getting at. “Uh, I’m not sure. Every city does it differently, but typically they’re held every few months, but those are places with a larger population. So maybe just wing it?” she wasn’t sure.

“Huh, interesting.” Were they not aware of it? Or was it an actual past member who did it?

15. Likes liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread