DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Getting up he grabs another tea bag for each of them, the water in the pot still being warm enough he refills their cups. As before leaving October to add any of the assorted accoutrements, she wishes.

Retaking his seat. ‘Then I look forward to your proposal.’ It was her idea after all. ‘And you can be assured that at least a third of the mages in the Consilium back it.’ A fancy way of saying two out of six but hey it was true.

‘Oh, fun conversations are great.’ This one for example.But folks aren’t willing to share much about personal lives and I’m not inclined to dig. But yes, when it comes to history the most learned people are also some of the quietest.’ Has she noticed I brought it up in the conversation as well, asking after her time in the city?I’ve been told not to look into the circle itself, its risky. And that there are many great stories … with no elaboration.’ He seems almost amused by this.

I don’t intend it to be a script of the word for word account of every meeting. But important events or changes and the like.’ A thoughtful pause to stir the new tea. ‘Maybe a proposal of my own to raise.’ We could use a more official meeting perhaps.

Ah so she is as prone as the next to thinking in terms of limitations after all. I think it depends on what you’re willing to do to get the answers, and how grand a scope you’re working with.’ Just because something seems impossible that doesn’t mean it is.

He gives her point due consideration. ‘Use for survival yes, when in balance. But also as a control mechanism.’ As the lie uses that fear of the unknown you mentioned.

Being caught off guard caught he chuckles. ‘How many rounds do you think Tyson could go with backlash?’ clearly jesting about the boxer.

It’s good to know you accept it is needed sometimes. Not all mages do. But yes, I veer more towards some kind of plague victim when it’s been a rough casting. Lot of bleeding from.’ He gestures to a hand over various facial features.

He nods agreeing with her views on integrity, but has nothing more to add she covered the point very well.

He tilts his head confused. ‘My tutor definitely thought each order and the seers were equal, equally not worth her time.’ Eyes squint in thought. ‘Although given I’ve committed to one over the others, I guess I would have to say I have bias on that point. I respect them all, the orders, not the seers.' He clarifies. 'And each order has its value but clearly, I’ve stated what values I think are held in higher esteem by my choice of association.’ He hadn’t thought of it hat way before, it could actually be damaging when viewed through that perspective.

Hm yes that’s true. The fair was a good example. Never know what will turn up on those stalls.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Adding a bit of honey to tea, she stirs it, “Well, at least I have that going for me.” Chuckling.

“I can understand not sharing much about their personal lives, but you can still have good conversation without oversharing. We keep things separate for safety reasons, but if we have to work together at any time, I need to know I can trust someone. I have secrets, as do you, as does every awakened in the city, but there has to be some form of trust among us. At least, in my opinion anyways.” As it currently stood, he was the only one she felt she could trust. “Of course, it’s risky, but what isn’t risky? But how does knowing some of the history provide a risk? Being curious and asking questions are a natural part of humanity.” Least from her understanding.

A careful sip taken, making sure it wasn’t too hot, before speaking, “How do you intend to keep it safe and away from Seers, Banishers and Sleepers? I know there will be questions about that, so might as well get the thoughts going.” Cause how do you keep a written history safe?

Nodding, “Balance, but balance is hard to achieve.” So often they looked for it and never got it.

“Hmmmm, good question. I think maybe two or three before it lays him out.” All things considered.

Shrugging, “I had to put in a situation where I had to use to survive to understand. There will always come a time when you have to use it, there is no avoiding it. If it’s me or them, fuck them.” A small smirk, “The universe always collects.” And it sucked, but it kept things together.

“The bias is to be expected.” She didn’t fault him for it. “But I do have to agree with her, with them not being worth her time.” In the grand scheme of things, they seemed minor. Laughing, “I would hope you wouldn’t respect the Seer’s.” clearly knowing what he meant and not thinking he sympathized with them or anything. “I admire that you’ve been able to find an Order that aligns so well with you.” She truly meant her words. “I also agree that each Order has its value in our world, each contributes something different to help us survive and thrive.” She wasn’t completely against Orders, she saw their value.

Picking up a piece of orange, “I never had an eye for antiques or what could be valuable. When I was seeking things for the Mysterium, I relied heavily on luck to make things stand out. But it was fun.”

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

My words not worth more than others but hey you never know it might help.’ A raised eyebrow. With numbers this small a little momentum might be enough to carry it.

Eyes set seriously ‘Given that we may have each other’s lives in our hands yes I agree some trust is required.’ Softening. ‘Of course, we have our secrets, and rightly so.’ Manging a half smile. ‘I have no issue with someone not wanting to share their personal lives. But as you say a book recommendation is unlikely to do to much harm.’ A look to the workshop door. ‘And people tend to be more well informed about their passions.’

Arms up in a full body shrug. ‘I have no idea how it’s a risk he shut the topic down pretty completely.’ A smirk plays across his eyes. ‘So, if I get vaporised opening a door I shouldn’t do me a favour and charge winter the bill for my funeral.’ That’s kind of ironic should I get my headstone ready?

That’s a reasonable thing to ask.’ Fingers tap out a nothing nonsense rhythm on the arm of the chair. ‘This is just a theory at the moment but I suspect Banishers, Seers and the like don’t actually know about the circle or can’t get in at least.’ Otherwise, it would more than just the locks taken off the door.

‘Sounds like a rough day.’ I won’t press but what a hook to dangle. ‘I’m glad you made it through.’ Too few of us do. Yes, yes it does,’

His eyes close in mock exasperation, the grin gives it away. ‘Oh no please don’t tell me I’m about be lectured about not getting distracted from our ‘God given mission’ am I.’ Realisation catches up, he might have over shared with that joke. The legacy is pretty open, it’s the order that says to keep quiet.

I respect the moxie it takes to commit to whatever is right for you. Better be true to yourself than join up out of peer pressure.’ That leads to enough problems as it is in my opinion.

‘Luck plays a part certainly, all the better if its favouring you.’ He suspected they used similar know how for that. ‘My main focus was on finding anchors.What else is a fledgling Moros good for.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes look over the cup, “I guess we’ll see.” Wanting to add some sort of order and normality to things where there was none, usually didn’t go over well.

“I just worry there are those willing to give and those only willing to take. But, having only been here a few months, I could be reading too much into things. Which is why I’ve been trying to keep first impressions on the backburner.” Give people a chance. Smiling, “Everyone has something they are passionate about, and you never know if someone else shares the same passion. Or if people can bond over sharing.” Maybe she’d throw hers out there at the next meeting and see.

There was a chuckle, “One can’t simply vaporize someone for something they had no warning about. He can’t be upset at peoples natural curiosity if he isn’t willing to outline the boundaries. Each Order has a wing if I remember correct, so each Order, and therefore, each member, has a right to be there and look around. Well, so long as it’s not private quarters and other Orders wings.” Least that’s how she saw it. “But rest assured, he will be billed accordingly. Do you want some grand and elaborate? Or more somber and low key?” good to know these things.

She couldn’t hide the surprise and intrigue from her face, “Really? Mind sharing what you are basing the theory off? It certainly is an interesting one that raises many questions, some that may never be able to be answered.” What would lead to such a theory?

A shallow shrug, “We all have ‘em.” To her, there wasn’t much to say on it, because she wasn’t diving into the details.

Chuckling with a shake of her head, “Hate to disappoint, but I’m not the lecturing type. I sat through, and slept through too many in school and residency.” Which was the truth.

Another nod, “Exactly. How many have joined an Order out of pressure? How many truly believe what they say? There is just a lot of pressure when you first awaken to join one, they are practically banging your door down. I admit, I caved to it, but it allowed me to see I didn’t know who I was yet and what I wanted. I just did what was expected. It’s tough.” No one knows who they are right away.

“It was my interest in pushing the boundaries of my intelligence and my love of Nordic lore that caught their attention.”

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Her words echoed slightly in his ears and took him back a few months to his arrival. When he passed out his path and order information and only Philip offered it back. You get folk like that everywhere unfortunely. But it’s the folks that give that make the difference.’ Sips of tea. ’I’ve found right exchange to be useful in my dealings so far.’ As I have here, he had tried to return more or less everything she shared with equal information.

That would be ideal or even just some shared activities.’ I’m not thinking mentorships here but with so few a bit of teamwork wouldn’t hurt.

Then she gets him to genuine laughter. ‘No … no no … no.’ wipes his eyes. ‘I didn’t mean he himself I meant if a door was trapped or you know if the chime of midnight on the clock is dangerous stuff like that. If I find the reason its risky on my own.’ The idea of his own demise does little to quell the laughter. ‘Either find my folks in Britain and send me back, or throw the most elaborate party possible and dump my ashes in the river.’ Something does quiet him. ‘What about you ever thought of how you want to be moved along?

It’s a theory and not one about magic, not directly. There is clearly some um an arring while he stills the last of the laughter. ‘Alright then its based on nothing but assumptions at the moment mind.’

One: We meet in an almost mirror image of Westminster abbey it can’t be missed.’

Two: It isn’t hard to find. When I was coming back here a mystagogue in India found out where I need to go with relative ease.’

‘Three: Despite no direct or even indirect experience it is more than just paranoia speaking to say Seers and Banishers must be present in the city.’

Holding up two fingers. ‘Four: Witch and Winter no matter how proficient are only two mages. And Philip from what I gather didn’t join much before I did.

Five: Thus, if the seers or banishers can get in they had the perfect opportunity to wipe out a two mage Consilium and install their own awakened as bait for others as and when they arrived. Given Witch and Winter haven’t been killing us as we walk in the door and are in fact letting our numbers build it feels safe to say this is not the case.’

Six: If they know the location but cannot enter, they can stake out the entrance and follow us home, tag vehicles, hack phones, attack us in the street or our homes when we are alone. This also has not happened.’

All in all despite clear weakness on our part and opportunities so advantageous for them that most awakened couldn’t engineer them if they tried, nothing has happened.’ He bares his palms to show such. ‘Thus, I conclude something is preventing them, and I wager it’s a lack of knowledge.’

Chambers had really let the academic side out with that ramble. He coughs straightens his sleeve unnecessarily, a little self-conscious. ‘So, thoughts?

Trust me I’m not disappointed, besides it seems I’ve got the lecturing side of things covered.’

The orders are remnants of Atlantis they rightly fear decline in numbers. But you are quite right better not to dilute the quest with those who are not knowingly committed. Hence why I thought we had initiation requirements.’ He chuckles, the order didn’t let just anyone in. So she must be good.

‘Nordic lore.’ Not a field he knew anything of. ‘What led you in that direction.’ Genuinely curious.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of agreement, “Very true. Though I don’t see the difference it makes.” Maybe that was cynical part of her.

“Just something mundane, something where people can just have fun for an hour or something. At the end of the day, doesn’t everyone just want to do something to relax?” even if just for an hour.

“Oh.” Then a shrug and a laugh. “My thought process still applies to trapped doors. Unnecessary unless you alert others.” Another nod, “I’ll make sure it gets done.” Then the question, “Myself? Hmm, I don’t suppose I want anything. We, after all, simply inhabiting a body of meat, bones and organs. I’ve never really worried about funerals or anything like that. I figure if I die, it doesn’t really matter what happens to my body after.” There was no guarantee any wishes would be upheld, so why worry.

She was not expecting such well thought out reasons, but listens. “They might be assumptions, but they’re well-founded assumptions. All the points you make are valid, and not theories I can disprove or argue at this time. You might be on to something.” If she had no proof otherwise, she couldn’t argue with him. “I’d be curious if down the road, there is an answer. But even then, do we really need one?” the Circle felt safe, well, as safe as a place could be that wasn’t her own Sanctum.

A smirk touches her lips, “Good! Any lecturing that is needed can fall to you!” lectures usually bored her, but he was fun to listen to.

Thought we had initiation requirements?” looking taken a back, though obviously amused, “My my my.” A shake of her head.

“A few things, but mainly, the stories. Stories that have been told and retold over the years, but are still shrouded in mystery. Are the stories we hear and read as they were written? How much has changed over the years to make them sound better or make them sound more dangerous? Why did they write about some events and not others? Have we interpreted the stories correct, or are we completely wrong? There is so much mystery to dive into and unpack, it’s quite fascinating!”

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Well, we have a corkboard now.’ Which gave off way too much of an after-school club vibe but he had no better ideas ‘If anything comes up you can advertise it.’ Speaking of giving and not receiving, having given my number out to two of our fellows and not received back anyway to directly contact anyone else in the event it is needed, a corkboard really is not expedient.

One last chuckle on the matter. ‘I appreciate it.That’s fair enough. ‘As we were saying it’s not a topic people like to discuss or think about.’ Taboo and all that. ‘But I can put together a more than decent headstone if nothing else.’ Because what else would a Necromancer be skilled at doing after all. He does try to hide the smirk but a shadow of it creeps through.

With her praise of his idea a pleased grin does easily show across all his features. ‘Thank you.’ He does seem well and truly chuffed. ‘For testing it I neither know how nor if I would want to.Doing so could compromise the safety of the place.

But yes if the theory does hold than storing anything at the circle means me only need to fear mages who aren’t Seers and Banishers.’ Still a daunting prospect and still open to betrayal. ‘But that would be my first security measure, no taking it outside of the circle for any reason. Short of being proven Seers and or Banishers can in fact gain entry.’ Because then it would need to be kept from their hands.

He ponders. ‘After that, keep it under lock and key only to brought out on request. Limited accessibility, exact location unknown.’ Yes, in typical Athaneum fashion. ‘Beyond that total safety is almost impossible to guarantee, the benefit would have to outweigh the risk in the creation of such a history.’

Before looking puzzled. ‘Did the Mysterium not put you through an initiation test?’ The implication being they certainly had for him. Or was that due to unusual circumstances?

Listening he sips his tea to hide a small grin as she explains the fascination, hearing oh so many friendly and familiar snippets of motivation. ‘You certainly sound like a member of the Mysterium when you speak of those stories.’ He could see why she was recruited. ‘No offence.’
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I saw that, maybe I’ll toss my number up too.” The beauty with pay as you go phones is they were easy to replace if need be.

An understanding nod, “It’s an uncomfortable topic for a lot of people.” She got it, but saw it as something important to talk about. One of those things that doesn’t go away if you ignore it. Laughing, “I’d be honored!”

Taking another sip with a nod of her head, “Testing the theory would prove very dangerous. Not sure if it’s a chance I would encourage personally. But, who knows, maybe little things will pop up here and there lending credence to the theory.” Or not, who knows.

Taking a moment to think on his words, “Hmm,” wanting to choose her words carefully, “I see the benefit to what you are suggesting. But where would it be held? Is only one Order to hold it safely, or is it a location that is neutral? I can see friction and resentment if it’s housed with only one Order. Though I do know some are better equipped to keep things safe. And who is picked to know where it is? I’m just tossing out things that could arise if the idea is brought up.” She’d seen fighting between Orders, it wasn’t pretty. Would that happen here? Probably not, but you never know.

Looking a bit confused as well, “Of course they did. It was just the way you worded it, or I understood it.” A simple misunderstanding of his words.

Chuckling and shaking her head, “Oh, none taken. I enjoyed my time with them, very exciting and educational.”

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A non-committal shrug. 'It can't hurt for people to know how to reach out if they need to. Or anyone new dropping by having a point of contact if they don't cross paths with one of us first.' Kind of a theme with the conversation, a balance of trust and willingness to reach out.

Making funeral arrangements was not something I thought would come up today but, gosh she is very easy to talk with. 'Well now we only need a plan if something gets us both.' laughing along, he really seems to have no problem joking about death.

'Yes, yes your quite right.' as much as he hates admitting that he cannot work it out. 'The observation method is the required way to go about this.' And my theory will rise or fall on it. 'On that topic did you ever know or hear of Seers or banishers attacking the circle directly or even indirectly? any threat at all actually coming to the door, rather than out in the city?' Even the slightest hint that its possible would doom the idea. But if nothing has, than maybe? maybe there are some tests I could run?

Getting notably more serious. 'Now in most circumstances I would take exception to the idea that as a Mystagogue I can't safely store information ... however, have you by chance had a look at the door leading to the area set aside for the order?' His voice has gotten quieter, slightly conspiratorial. Is it strange I hope it was Censors?

Only nodding to confirm that he to had in someway misunderstood the point about initiation. A little glad to find his experience was in fact the norm after all.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I agree.” Plus, she had nothing to lose.

Frowning, “Hmmm, that does pose an interesting predicament.” A slender finger taps her chin as she thinks, “We should figure that out and make sure to leave it in writing. Because if someone goes against my wishes, I know who I’m haunting.” Laughing, seemed she had no issue with death either. Maybe her profession helped with that.

A sage nod, “Yes, that seems the safest and more reasonable route.” No telling what bullshit would rain down on the Circe if someone were to poke around. “I only know what Winter mentioned it years ago, but I never really got to ask many questions. It seems if you want your questions answered, you are going to have to get Winter to share. And not knowing him too well myself, I don’t know how successful it would be. But I have to wonder if his reluctance to share information stems from some loss during whatever happened.” Shrugging, “If so, it would explain him being mum on the topic, it could be a would that hasn’t healed.” Sipping, “But that’s just a theory, I have no clue.” And she didn’t want to go around talking about someone she barely knew, just seemed rude.

She had been expecting a response like that, “I haven’t really dug around the wings set aside for the Orders. Unless invited, I stay away. Why? Is there a problem with the door? Or are you simply wanting to show off its size or something?” could be taken two ways, but she didn’t care. Orders were proud, and, well, men as well. But why ask about the door?

“But I agree that no one can safely control and hold information like the Mysterium, but this wouldn’t be a Mysterium only document. I just ask you to keep what I said in mind.” Because there would be push back.

15. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread