Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

That gets a resigned shrug. 'I realised that myself when going through acknowledgement here. If it isn't self enforced, it just kind of of isn't.' An issue he was actually a little uncomfortable about. he sighs. 'I guess it falls to those of us who respect the Lex to be good role models for those who can be to liberal with it.'

Chuckling then somewhat. 'That's quite fine I only know the very mainstream ones myself.' and am having a hard time placing people. maybe Gwen Stacey for you? maybe?

She had misunderstood but not in the usual way. 'I meant in relation to the laws of physics.' Pondering for a moment. 'As sleeps we are bound by gravity, as awakened we can understand how to fly. As sleepers we take time to travel, as awakened we can understand how to teleport. As sleepers wood is wood, as awakened we can understand how to turn it to gold.' Watching her carefully. 'Those are the laws I meant.'

'As for the laws of man. Sometimes ... Sometimes they need to be broken.' Inventions of the lie. 'They are not absolute or true, we see this as they change both over time in the same place but also place by place. Do I see myself as better than them? No, but we engage with a reality to which they do not apply.' How can they? .'So accept they can be bent or broken when the need is sufficient when operating to things they simply cannot be applied to. And in pursuit of saving reality, what obstacles can we let stand in our way? Shifting in the chair, he watches to fully grasp her reaction.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

There is a brief nod, “It makes me nervous if I’m being honest. Like you said, it falls on us to be good role models, but then we may end up having to be the enforcers of it as well.” Not something she really wanted. Slightly more cheerful, “But who knows what the future holds, things may change.” Could she know the future? Sure, but there wasn’t much fun in that.

Smirking, “I say we put it on hold, and reconvene in a couple months’ time and see if there’s an answer.” Who knows, maybe something would stand out. “Then I can gather some intel about both the others and superheros.” Seemed fair to her.

“Oh! My bad, I apologize.” Slightly embarrassed, but happy to laugh it off. “Hmm, well, again, a difficult question that in my opinion, depends on the situation. Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with being able to as you say, fly and teleport. So long as it is kept away from Sleepers. Teleporting is something that is beyond useful to us to escape a bad situation, one of life or death, or to get to someone who needs help.” Another Awakened of course. “Everything we can do has a use. Some will abuse it, but I find it essential for our survival.” Did she want to fly? Fuck yah! Could she? If she studied the right Arcana, sure. “Are there those who deny those are useful tools for us?” she was almost sure there would always be someone against it.

There wasn’t much if a reaction as she sipped her tea and listened, giving him her attention. “You raise excellent points, some difficult to argue against. But personally, I’ve always tried to stay on the side of law and follow them, not bending them when it was needed. What is a law you consider acceptable to bend or break? Where is the line, where is it too risky to over step?”

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Brows knitting together. ‘Yes, it is a little intimidating.’ As utterly reliant on any offender respecting a passed judgement, as them enforcing it. Its still early days but of our number it seems more respect the lex than not at least. And if we hold to it, our position is stronger if the need for enforcement ever does arise. Better not to be seen as hypocrites.’ I’m no Théarch but better to enforce from a position of fair application surely.

Reaching for an orange slice from the tray, they might not be used in the drinks but still made good eating. ‘What leadership structure do you think would best suit our small group to help solve that problem, if we had councillors most would likely be only representing themselves and it would place a clear divide between two groups. If we went for a single central authority figure a hierarch wouldn’t have the usual structure of governance to support them and it is a lot of reasonability.’ Its something I’ve been musing over but have no good answers, how do you balance tradition with our unusual set up?

He nods vigorously. That would fun I wonder who she'll pick for me. 'I'll be sure to keep space in my calendar. It’s a date.’ Brain catches up to mouth. ‘DEAL … I didn’t mean… apologies.’ Eyes screw shut in embarrassment. Having gotten very comfortable, October was incredibly easy to talk to, he hadn’t registered how that might sound until to late. Muppet not everything needs to be a joke or play on words to sound clever.

Shaking his head either clearing it of that fresh embarrassment or mitigating any need for her to apologise about misunderstanding. ‘I wasn’t specific. And yes, away from sleepers is a definite must for things like that.’ Getting serious, now comes the part people usually don’t like. So; gravity, measurements, speed, and many others, all these laws we know no longer hold up in the same way we believed they did when we slept.’ A pause. ’Death is a part of the natural order.’ He says again. ‘Why does death get a pass, why is it assumed that of all the laws we thought absolute, many awakened still think death retains that quality?

Settling back in his chair, not quite registering he had leaned forward a little with the focus of his last question. ‘Hm that’s something highly personal to each mage.’ I think your decent but some details are best sparred.Breaking and entering, most mages do in the course of their pursuit of knowledge or answers, and if I needed to I would.' And many of our foes hide within the confines of the law to reach them we must often be okay entering places sleepers would tell us we cant go. 'Vandalism, I mean damaging or destroying surveillance equipment is a must for secrecy sometimes.' Better a broken camera than a broken sleeper. 'Theft, if I became aware of an item with supernal properties in the hands of a sleeper or say up for sale imbued, enhanced a ghosts anchor that kind of thing, if I couldn’t safely acquire it, I wouldn’t hesitate to start working on bringing it into my possession, and then the Athenaeum if deemed appropriate, by other means.' Goodness knows the damage such things can do if left to roam free. 'So basically, I’ll choose to preserve secrecy over mortal law, in ways that hopefully prevent more drastic measures needing to be taken.Those should be avoided.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I hope you right about it.” Did more respect the Lex then not? She hoped so.

“I’ve seen it done a few different ways, but whatever way, it needs to be one that fits the current situation and everyone is on board for. In a perfect world, it would be Councilors and a Hierarch, but this isn’t a perfect world. Having someone who could take control of new people would be a good start, I think. It clears up monthly meetings for more important things, getting to know each other and discuss any dangers within the city. As it stands, we spent the month going back and forth over what seemed like pointless personal issues instead of getting those Acknowledged who needed it and moving on. As it stands right now, if someone doesn’t like someone else based off something small and insignificant, they can hold the process up. The problem of course, the setup here, it’s nontraditional and it’s difficult to figure out. These are just my thoughts; I haven’t been here long enough to really have any good ideas. But I know chaos isn’t going to work.” Not in their world.

Laughing, waving a hand, “I got what you meant, so no need to worry.” It was just a saying after all, nothing to read into.

Now this was an unexpected twist, “Hmmm, you’re good at the difficult questions.” Raising her cup to him before taking another sip. “I believe Death is an absolute, to both awakened and not. Sure, I’ve heard tales of Life Masters and even Death Master being able to bypass the process of Death. But as Awakened, we know there is a soul of sorts, and I don’t believe it comes back when Arcana steps in. Sure, you’ve reanimated a corpse, but you have not cheated Death. Death is the natural course of Life, two sides of the same coin, both absolute, both getting, what you call a pass. I dabble, if that’s the right word, in Death, I see it every day. It’s not something we are meant to stop.” She was worried she wasn’t giving him the answer he wanted, “If I’m not making sense, I apologize. I’m not always articulate with my words.” She could be, but not always. “Has anyone ever asked you your thoughts on it?” maybe his answer would tell her if she went too far off topic.

“Indeed, it is, which is why there is not a right or wrong answer. What is right to one is wrong to another. I’m not above any of those actions, I just try and avoid them if I can. And as a previous member of the Mysterium, I know the lure of certain objects and the need to acquire them at any cost.”

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

‘Well fingers crossed we never have a reason to find out who does and doesn’t respect it.’ He knocks on the wooden wall of the boat twice. Old habit. I need to stop doing that I know it doesn’t do anything.

A grimace and he puts his hands up. ‘I’m working to fix that relationship in my own time.’ He knew he had a part to play in that situation and wasn’t proud of it. ‘I didn’t mean to start things off it was a thoughtless comment.But the guy seems to explode over every imagined slight real or not.

‘But yes, you’re right the structure does need to fit the situation, and ours is highly unusual.’ Getting contemplative, weighing the pros and cons of her suggestion. ‘So not a Herald but someone to handle administrative tasks outside of group meetings? The only issue I can see with that is it places all of the responsibility of due diligence on a single person. Some awakened, can be risker than others and the administrator would have to risk their name and reputation on each and every mage they grant acknowledgement to.’ He goes to finish when another point comes to mind. ‘And besides your acknowledgement took about as long as mine, and there was no bickering involved in that one.’ So, would having Someone officially designated be worthwhile just to speed it up? ‘It might be worth running the idea past everyone, see what they think.'

Settling to listen her thoughts. And … Huh normally this goes much worse.No what you say makes sense, especially from your perspective … I’m just not sure I completely agree because … life is not a guarantee and given things such as near-death experiences.’ Actual death experiences. ’And things like resuscitation death can be staved off or even reversed even within sleeper understanding, can’t it?’ A scientist he was not but these things border as much on the occult as science and that side of it he could talk about.

With more hesitancy he continues. ‘Yes. I have spoken to others about this, not here but in the order … I get dark looks at best at worst one accused me of being mad.’ He lets that sit a moment. ‘And almost all accuse me of chasing immortality.’ He shakes his head. ‘I do not crave, seek or even look for immortality. I just struggle to understand why this one law, when all others are accepted to be incomplete is left to stand as absolute, why I should limit my thinking in that way.’ It definitely seems to trouble him the thoughts and words laying heavy on his brow. ‘Earlier when I said we are change I referred to Stygians because both our ruling arcana are about changing states, that’s how I understand death not as some final and absolute thing but a change in state.

He curled one hand inside the other and they currently rest against his chin. Eye flick over. ‘Not any cost.’ There are certain things he would not do, he hoped.

Ah yes you did mention. How involved were you with the Mysterium? Those that left usually get it rough from the order, but if she was far enough to know the mysteries she hadn’t spilled anything so far.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, she follows suit, “I’ll keep mine crossed as well.” But at least it sounds like they shared similar thoughts on the Lex.

Shaking her head, “That wasn’t directed at you or whatever your relationship is with others. It was just a general thing. I know personalities play a huge role in how everyone interacts and perceives others. I, personally, just try and avoid it. Especially when I don’t know the whole story. I won’t shy away from adding my two cents if I understand the situation, but I tend to keep things to myself. I’ve been through a few different cities and what I see here is mild in comparison.” Chuckling, “You do you and handle things as you see fit.” It really wasn’t directed at him at all.

Nodding in agreement, “Someone who can be neutral and just get things handled quickly and without show. But yes, it does place a great deal of responsibility on just one person, so finding someone who can handle it is difficult. Being a good judge of character is difficult, so many put on a good show only to show who they really are later.” Shrugging, “Not the best solution, but might be a good starting point. I would just rather spend meetings discussing what I think are more important matters.” Another nod, “Always worth bringing up, never know, it might spur a better idea.” There was always the possibility.

Ok, so she worded things well. “From my perspective, as someone who has had a patient be clinically dead, suddenly breathe, there is not real understanding. These patients have been dead for however long, and open their eyes and talk about seeing lights and rising above their bodies as we fought to bring them back. So yes, it can be within the realm of sleeper understanding. Science doesn’t understand why this happens, and thus sleepers see it as a miracle.” She’d seen it and couldn’t explain it.

The Acanthus couldn’t help but laugh, “Mad? Seriously?” it clearly amused her. “No one is mad for asking questions and wanting to seek others’ opinions. It sparks conversations, some uncomfortable, but nerveless important. There is no fault in seeking understanding, and you cannot get that without asking about it. I say screw those people and keep looking for the answers.”

“I’m simply speaking of what I’ve been told, stories passed along. It’s not a place I want to be, willing to do anything and everything to find the answer or the artifact. But some are.” And it doesn’t always go well.

“Not very involved, I had undergone my Initiation, but didn’t get beyond that. I helped recover a few things for their Athanaeum, but found myself at odds with the more senior members. Those things won’t be shared, as I pride myself on keeping my word.” Sure, she wasn’t a member anymore, but that didn’t mean she was about to spill anything. “If you don’t mind the question, what drew you to the Mysterium?”

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

It might not have been directed at me but the only conflict in recent months has been between myself and Philip. A rueful grin Even so the shoe fits so, Yes I am sorry about that.’ How well that mending went, well let’s wait on see on that.

Sniggering a little. ‘I almost envy that. When it’s said of the Brits, we love tea its not always about the drink. Although with me it generally stays in the cup.’ Anything said in confidence remained exactly that.

His head bobs from side to side as he ponders. ‘The idea isn’t without its merits.’ It would be nice to have some structure. ‘Without an authority figure to elect this position how would you propose the appointment? Majority vote? Rotation? have candidates’ campaign to earn votes? Have everyone take a turn and see who fits it best for longer appointment?’ Ironing out the details can only make the proposition stronger if it was going to be put forward.

He sighs not with her, but expressing a slight exasperation at their situation in general. ‘Given the relative lack of current events what matters would you deem more important? My own excursions haven’t turned up anything so far.All I’ve manged to do so far is get drunk on a cruise ship, find witch a dead bird and win some money in a contest I suggested. Not exactly talk of the awakened world kind of stuff.

Yes that.' Getting animated at her talk of near death patients. 'That goes to show our understanding of death is incomplete. That certain phenomena or applications exist that break the supposed absolute. Its just understanding what they mean. … easier said than done.’ Trailing off in a frustrated thoughtful silence, before launching back into it. ‘As one who walked however briefly in the realm of death, I know my understanding is incomplete and I don’t fathom why so many are happy to limit their thinking as if its taboo to even try and contemplate about it.’

Nodding vigorously. ‘I intend to keep looking.’ Becoming still. ‘Although does a necromancer seeking to unravel the secrets of death not cause any doubt or concern in you? There are certainly enough cautionary tales.’ If it doesn’t, she is a rare one indeed.

Catching his breath having been rather more externally vocal then he was custom to, and grimacing. ‘Yes, some are.’ I don’t think highly of them. ‘It might seem easier but I’ll opt for a harder path that doesn’t cause me to lose sleep over my actions.’

Really slowing down now. ‘I wasn’t seeking to pry only confirm what is safe for me to talk about.’ Better for both of us that way. ‘We don’t want censors to come knocking in the night do we.’ A grin, but it doesn’t reach his eyes the way most of his smiles tend to. Although I think they might have already been by. You seem to hold your personal integrity in very high regard. I respect that.

Given everything you’ve answered from me of course I don’t mind.’ Although I am going to have to side step a few hurdles. ‘I’ve already mentioned my legacy has a signature set of skills, well one area my tutor and I disagreed on is how to apply them. She focused purely on the most direct application. I thought they had wider use for investigation.' It might seem unrelated but stick with me.

'I didn’t meet any pentacle mages until I was four years awakened.’ A pause and a dark look. ‘Intoductions were rocky … if you ever plan a trip to Egypt let them know you’re coming.’ The tangent was accompanied with a serious tone that carried a warning.

But yes, through those … interrogations I encountered the Mysterium who wanted to put my skills to use. So made an effort to recruit me. And through them I found a means to fulfil my ideology and temper the raw gnosis my tutor had streamlined me through.’ His eyes have lost the serious cast. ‘From there I bounced around Athanaeums on my travels picking up the lessons, lore and history of the order.’ Reaching a point of seeming almost nostalgic. ‘The methods, goals and principles fit me well more or less and provided answers to a lot of questions my tutor couldn’t or wouldn’t.’ I hope that makes sense despite being light on specifics.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

He was determined to apologize, so she simply offers a smile and nod. Content to drop the subject.

Laughing, “Oh, I’m very aware of what the tea is.” Smirking. “It has its purpose and is impossible to avoid. I just don’t stick my nose where it doesn’t belong and am content to live my life.” Someone wants to start drama with her? So be it, but she won’t look for it.

Thoughtful for a moment, “All those ideas sound good. Rotation would assure that no one feels singled out and like we don’t trust their judgement. Helping to prevent resentment. I would go for rotation, see what others thought of it. I think you’ll find there are those who simply don’t want to, but then they need to understand they can’t complain if there is someone they don’t like. I see ideal candidates having a good understanding and knowledge of the Lex and what is and is not acceptable. We could even have everyone offer up questions they want answers to of new arrivals.” Again, all thoughts and ideas. She didn’t see it going over well.

“It’s been my experience that things don’t stay quiet long, so I expect there to be some matters that will come up. But perhaps getting to know each other or even learning more about the history of the Circle. Hell, even a new book or movie recommendation.” Laughing at that one.

“I don’t know if we will ever fully understand Death. It’s a complex Arcana and fact of life. I’ve only brushed the surface myself. The taboo seems to be passed down from generation to generation, and handled differently depending on your culture. Some celebrate it, some fear it. But at it’s core, it scares the shit out of people because we don’t know what comes after, if anything. And the fear of the unknown is a strong one. One of my favorite quotes is by HP Lovecraft, ‘The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.’ We fear what we don’t understand. Why talk about something that frightens you?” it made sense to her, people feared death and the unknown.

Shrugging once again, “It only concerns me if you decide to set off a Paradox and rip a hole in the sky. We all have that one subject that are passionate about and strive to gather all the knowledge we can. Why should it concern me what you study? You’ll find cautionary tales about everything, so nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

A smirk, “I’d rather not have a Censor show up.” Nodding briefly, “It’s the one thing I have always strived for and busted my ass for. Both in the sleeper world and the awakened. If we don’t have integrity, what do we have?”

The Enchantress listens, sipping here and there, nodding when appropriate before speaking, “Finding an Order that aligns with your principals and what you are seeking is difficult, so I’m glad you found it. Maybe your tutor didn’t answer them to give you the push to seek the answers yourself.” Make him ask the right questions. “I will admit, I miss the almost treasure hunting like aspect of it.”

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Speaking of tea, refill?’ He had more or less finished his cup.

It seems we agree on a fair few things which is nice. So, rotation of interested parties. With the option to add or withdraw from the roster as needed? Either maintaining that mode? or eventually leading to the stand out candidate taking the roll full time? With a drawn-up list of pre-established questions from the collective … and whatever the current administrator deems appropriate based on the meeting itself?As for the lex while I think most adhere it without knowing everyone’s affiliations it can be hard to judge bias but I like the concept.

A chuckle and a grimace meet on his face.’ The history of the circle. I tired pursuing that but was shut down immediately. I’d love to know more, but given the lack of a library, the unwillingness to talk about it and the utter lack of contact information about.’ A shrug. All fair enough to preserve secrets but it was frustrating. Short of finding a hidden stash of documents in one of the hidey holes of Westminster abbey.’ Does the circle even have those? It will remain the purview of those who can look back through time or for the ones who actually experienced it.Which means like most things it isn’t out of reach, only for now. But yes, I would quite like to begin keeping accounts of things for those who come latter.’ There is nothing of defeat in his tone, he only accepted the challenge of it months ago.

He knows the quote and listens. ‘Because we are awakened, we should know better than to be caught in cultural taboo. We know what there really is to fear.And only in understanding what we have can be hope to overcome it. Changing the tangent of the topic a little. ‘Do you think that fear harkens back to the ladder, we did something we didn’t understand and it cost us almost everything.Once burned.

He smirks. ‘I have no intention of setting off a paradox big or small.’ Not that intention always matters but. ‘On the occasion I do something vulgar I do what I can to mitigate and absorb it myself.’ While talking his fingers have found his pipe from the table next to him, which gets pushed through his belt, bowl above the leather. ‘Better for secrecy.

‘I would say it's rare to meet a mage with integrity, to many of us think we are superior or above such notions.’ Certainty in the order, the rules about honesty don’t extend to sleepers. ‘Not all, not all. But it seems the idea that awakened carries more weight is not as prominent as the laws suggest it used to be.’ Musing on it for a moment. ‘So, its very nice to meet someone who values it.

He snorts. ‘She didn’t entertain my questions because it distracted from her purpose. She held the orders and seers in equal … disregard and anything to do with them really.’ And here I am representing one.

The treasure hunting can be fun, although we seem to have a deficit of ancient ruins around here.’ He chuckles a little. ‘Unless that ziggurat in the city is actually hiding more than it looks like.’
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh, yes, please.” That had been one of the quickest cup of tea she had ever had. The conversation had been pleasant and the tea delicious.

There was a nod, “That sounds like it would be good, give people a chance to change their mind if they want. I see the questions as making others feel like they have a say, they have something that presses on them with new faces. To be honest, I’m not expecting this to go over. But I think it will show people that the table is open to ideas and suggestions, maybe open up conversations.” And at the end of the day, that was important.

A frown, “Oh, ok. I didn’t realize that. I was just throwing out other ideas for conversations when we all gather. I’m sure there will come times when grievances need to and will be aired. But I see nothing wrong with some fun conversations too.” Nothing has to be serious all the time. “Well, I can look back through Time, but we shouldn’t have to in my opinion. I understand that there might be some difficult things and events in the past, but it’s important to know. Maybe no one feels like talking about it for some sort of reason?” couldn’t hurt to ask. “You know, a written account, that can be left for future awakened sounds like could be very useful, and a great idea.” She wasn’t one for writing things down outside of work, but liked the idea.

Laughing, cause it was humorous to her, “Not even a Master can know everything. There are secrets the universe will not give up. Those who seek all the answers are the ones that suffer Hubris and are a danger to all we hold dear. We are not meant to know everything.” No one was.
    “Interesting question, I think we can track fear back to the early days of mankind, it’s something that we’ve always had. But it’s something that is useful and keeps us safe. Useful but it can also be crippling if unchecked.” She didn’t think it had anything to do with the fall.

Chuckling, “I hear you there, I avoid vulgar magic when I can. But if I can’t, then I end up looking like I went a few rounds with Mike Tyson, but kept my ear.” A wink added.

“Perhaps it’s my chosen field that has helped instill it in me, or maybe it’s just something I’ve always had, I don’t know. But I know its value and know how easy it is to give in to tempting Fate and using it to my own advantage. I wish it was something more had, it would certainly make life a bit easier.” A bit.

“Are the Orders not equal? Each having its benefits and downfalls, each doing what it can to protect the Awakened as a whole, each thinking it’s above the other.” She never saw one Order being more important than another. For all the Ladder does, there are FC who do just as much, but from a different angle.

“Treasure hunts are what you make of them. One doesn’t need ancient ruins to search for something of value.”

15. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread