DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Then it seems this bakery is good at what they do, its very easy to get the consistency wrong.’ Grabbing a scone himself. ‘I’m more a Jam person myself.’ Taking his own knife to cut the scone in half and spread both halves with the accompanying preserve. ‘It’s been more years than I care to admit since I had scones, Thank you again.'

Listening politely while he chews the treat appreciatively. Chambers can’t help but be calmed despite his concerns of that which lurks in the shadows of their world. She speaks with practical wisdom, while not overly fretting. She really is quite pleasant company.

A group of wilful.’ For awakened were always wilful.And justly paranoid.’ For mages also tend to carry that trait almost to a one. ‘Will always struggle to order themselves without proper enforced structure. To extend trust to one whose goals might not a line without means of recourse to guarantee your own well being is difficult when you know as we know and can do as we can do.’ And yet we must. You mentioned wanting to meet he councillor if I recall well unfortunely if it isn’t already apparent, we don’t appear to have any, so everyone has to represent themselves, something that is annoyingly prone to cause division.’ There's no point enforcing a structure for the sake of it, but it’s worked for thousands of years for a reason.

His brow does furrow but not darkly just in deep thought. ‘The FBI. Yes, Winter mentioned some such with Walker’s arrival. Funny it’s the kind of thing you would think he would have mentioned when I asked for a history lesson.’ A half shrug, what can you do. ‘Still, it’s the rest, the ones who can get to us from anywhere Seers, Banishers and the lefties that worry me more. Its why I don’t walk around.’ A general wave to the air around him. ‘With anything in my pattern, to easy to detect.’ A hard learned lesson.

'Lady luck hm? fickle I don't doubt. But I understand things in a rather different way but that might just be watchtowers at work.' After all everything I draw down is still through the lead coin. 'Would I be right in assuming she's more prone to listening to you then most?' Since he'd asked it was only fair to give something back. 'In terms of Spirit and time I would be of little use I’m afraid I have yet to develop understanding into either.And walking the path of doom especially as I do means one of those is very unlikely to be developed. ‘I will confess I’m not much in a fight so don’t go expecting heroics.’ An amused chuckle as he certainty can’t imagine it. ‘My skills tend more on the information gathering side of things at the moment.’

‘Why did I stay? Oh, easy I’m still studying, little under two years left.’ He sips his tea. ‘Though I recently returned from two years out and about the world as part of the course.’ He gestures to her with the cup. ‘What of yourself, what was medical school like?’
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An absent nod, “Jam is good as well, and usually my go to, but I had to give it a try.” Smiling, ‘And glad I did!” this was the joy of trying new things. “Anytime, glad you enjoy them.” Truth be told, she wasn’t sure what to bring, just that she had wanted to bring something.

“I for one, prefer structure in my life. Which some might find odd for my Path, but I’ve always liked to have things established. Liked the rhythm and routine, finding a sense of safety in it. But I see it from others’ views as well, those that see it as stifling, finding the right balance can be a nightmare in our society.” Least from her point of view. Frowning with a sigh, “I’ve gathered that, and it’s going to take some getting used to. Having a Councilor provided me with a sometime wiser Awakened to confide in, someone who understood the Path and the challenges it can present.” Each Path had their own demons to overcome.

Chuckling, “I don’t know Winter too well, never got to sit down and get to know him. But he strikes me as a no-nonsense guy who shares what he feels is relevant the situation. Not someone who is going to tell you something simply to tell it. I respect that about him, but can see how it can feel like he doesn’t share information.” But that seemed to be Winter, least from what she could gather from the handful of interactions. “Personally, I’ve just always kept my head down and not drawn attention to myself. Blended in and the like. Which is why others blatant disregard for keeping a low profile rubs me the wrong way. It’s a ticking time bomb waiting to expose us all.” And she would not be present if it went off.

A nonchalant shrug, “It could be the Watchtowers, but life works in weird ways." Laughing, “Sometimes, though she has bit me in the ass numerous times, we have a difficult relationship.” Sometimes good, sometimes not. “They can both be difficult to understand, I haven’t even dipped my toe into Spirit. I would like to, just to challenge myself and expand my knowledge."

Smirking, “You won’t find me fighting, I can throw a punch, but it’s never been very effective. I tend to rely more on blending in and shifting my luck around a bit, and it’s worked well so far.” But luck can change. “I think it’s good you know where you’re weak, well, maybe weak is the wrong word, but where your skills lack. Helps in case a situation comes up and you need to think on the fly.”

Her face brightens, “Congratulations on only two years left! I understand all too well how exciting it is to see the light at end of the tunnel of studies! What are you studying if you don’t mind me asking?” the way she asked, it was obvious she was ok with him not sharing. Again, she respected boundaries and never pushed.

A sigh, “Medical school was, well, a mixture of emotions and experiences. Very demanding yet rewarding at the same time. The first year is the hardest, the one that will either make you or break you. But I found the residency to be the most difficult, between the hours and having absolutely no life, it was difficult to say the least. And maybe it’s where I can came to enjoy structure in my life, it kept things running smoothly.”

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A shake of the head. ‘I don’t find that odd.’ Pondering for a moment. ‘Many mages don’t strictly adhere to their stereotypes. I for one am prone to a good chuckle.How many Necromancers can say that?

At least you aren’t the only one on your path in the circle, someone must be better than being alone surely?’ Which to my knowledge I walk alone unless either Witch or Winter share the path but neither have shown interest in reaching out. Who was this councillor?’ Winters refusal to share had only put his desire to learn about the circle’s history on the back burner, far from extinguished.

‘Winter is calm and quite something I can appreciate. And he has the right to share and withhold as he sees fit.’ Scratching his stubble as he tries to carefully phrase his thoughts. ‘Although I do appreciate being informed of serious potential threats to safety and secrecy sooner rather than later.’

While I was an apostate under tutelage I learned to keep off the radar fairly well, got a few helpful tricks. But as a mystagogue there is an impetus to turn over rocks.’ He looks out the window up towards the distant pier. ‘But yes, I try not to get silly with it, our actions have more weight.’ Do I always succeed. No. but at least I don’t cause any major exposure risks.

Few of my path make much headway with spirit. They from what I understand are absolutes, we are change. My current interests lie in developing my arcana till I can access the full range of my legacies signature skill set.’ If we're being open three of the others already know.

Thank you.’ He smiles appreciatively. ‘But two years can be a long time. Then another for the masters and four more of the doctorate, if I make it that far.’ He blinks surprised at himself for not having said so at the fair when they discussed the very subject. ‘Philosophy, with as much of an occult twist as I can manage.’

I wonder how much of studying falls into sunk cost fallacy after you’ve committed time? He smiles. ‘We are but the sum of our experiences are we not. When we find our groove in life it certainly does help us along.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking over the cup, “Then you sir, are a rare breed.” She was used to others finding her odd.

“Is it?” she asks thinking about the words, “Sometimes being alone is the smarter path, especially if the other is not one you know you can trust.” So much of their very existence was trust. And so few gave it our sought it. “Will that change with time?” an innocent shrug, “Maybe, but for now I like to consider myself a loner.” It was safe. “Oh, I can’t remember, that was many years ago while I was still in college back in Massachusetts. But she help direct me and provide support as I was dealing with many difficulties, including medical school. I’ve looked for qualities like that ever sense, and maybe I’m setting too high of a bar.” Perhaps.

“Think that is something we all prefer; it gives a chance to at least prepare a bit. I think if the threat was present and everyone was in danger, he would speak up. I also like to think anyone and everyone would do the same.” But people can surprise you.

Laughing, “The ever-present urge to dig and find that treasure, try and solve the mystery.” She understood it. “I only wish others held your beliefs; I’ve come across some pretty brazen Awakened over the years.” But hadn’t they all?

“I never dived into Spirit because I don’t want to have to deal with it at work. Keeping work and this world separate is of the upmost importance to me. It’s a fascinating subject though.” A Legacy huh? Good for him, “I hope you’re able to access your full range of skills someday, I’ve heard Legacies are difficult to master and truly test you as an Awakened.” But that was about all she knew, what she’d heard whispered here and there.

“Hey, you’re preaching to the choir.” She jokes with a laugh, “But you sound very passionate about it, and that will carry you the rest of the way.” Experience and all. “Philosophy? I had to take a couple courses in school on the subject, but it never really stuck, it was always a challenge for me. So much credit to you.” And she meant that. It was just not her thing.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

That set him to contemplating, is it better to be alone? Or is it better to have someone even if they aren’t a perfect match? Trust, talk about a difficult balance. I contemplated about putting my number on the board.’ He had, it put him at slightly higher risk he knew as anyone walking in could find him without too much difficulty if they chose. ‘But someone had to take the first step. Otherwise, were just a bunch of solitaires that meet up for a chat now and again, not a Consilium ready to support each other. That and having a house that moves has its advantages.’ He smiles wide at that.

Grabbing a second scone. ‘Nothing wrong with a high bar, we are called to higher truths and should live accordingly. Though it is a path. A journey and some are further along than others. And still others could use a little guidance now and again.’ Which is what she has just been saying, far more succinctly

A mockingly puzzled look crosses his face and he tents his fingers. ‘You know I’m not sure if Winter would. I get the feeling he would just go and solve the problem. Its always the quiet types that turn out to be secret vigilantes. What do you reckon is he more of a Batman or James bond?’ laughing heartily at the image of Winter in a cape and cowl.

Settling down he opens his posture back up. ‘You know if your looking for a neat trick to help go unnoticed I’d recommend matter.Yes, I’m biased. ‘It has some surprisingly useful tricks for going unseen in the world today.’

Remembering Philips barrage of questions when he let that out upon arriving. My conversations are usually so question and answer this is different …but nice. ‘Thank you as do I. Its something my tutor streamlined me towards. She had big ideas about it being the birth right of every awakened.A birth right she no doubt thinks I’m squandering now. A moment in his head again. ‘Challenge is one way to put it, it … forces you to have to confront things … to change in ways that you might never have considered. The experience is … so personal I wouldn’t know how to describe it.’ He remembered achieving his first attainment so well, the day his soul changed shape, and was so utterly unable to put it to words.

She’s just full of compliments. He smiles warmly. ‘I stopped seeing the point for a while but recently discovered I might have been hasty in that.’ What are the links between these thinkers and awakened lore? A pancryptia mystery to be sure. ‘You’ve mentioned you keep work and awakened life separate. But I must admit I am curious does one influence the way you see the other at all?’ ​It certainty does for me.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“A very difficult balance.” She agrees. “Could always do what I do, and I’m sure others do as well, maintain two phones. I have my personal one, for work and what not, and one I use for Awakened business, changing it when I get to anew city. It’s worked out quite well for me. Just an idea though.” You could get a pay as you go phone for dirt cheap.

“True. But I’m not sure I’m as charitable as others. Don’t get me wrong, I’m always willing to help, but when you see the same thing over and over, you just have to draw the line and not get involved. I won’t risk my safety to educate someone on their stupidity.” And that was that.

“You raise in interesting point, and not one I can offer an answer to. There is nothing wrong with taking the lead and solving a problem, especially if it’s time sensitive.” The question was a weird one, but a fun weird one. “Oh, that’s a difficult one. I see both in him actually. The recluse of Batman, but the ability to do what he needs to do as Bond.” She’d have to know him better to say either way.

A nod of agreement, “I’ve heard that, I just haven’t actually buckled down and looked into it.”
    Eyebrows raise in amusement, “Birth right? I suppose that’s one way of looking at it. I haven’t done much research into the whole thing; I only know what I’ve heard over the years. Seems like one of those things you are cut out for, or you’re not.” From how he talked about it, it was personal.

“Oh, now that’s a good question.” Lifting her cup and taking a sip, giving herself time to think of a reply. “I would say it’s influenced which Arcana I’ve studied outside my Path. I see that as being the only influence. I have learned a lot about myself and what I am willing to do, willing to separate for the sake of the Veil. It was very difficult in the beginning to overcome not trying to shift the odds to save a life, to make sure my patient walked away. But it’s something I struggled with, accepting that Death was part of the natural order of things.”

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

‘I could.’ He agrees with a single nod. ‘But choose not to. Perhaps one of my foolish errors.’ Every one of us needs to find our own answer to his puzzle. ‘I understand the need for secrecy well enough, and uphold it. But things that cast the man and the mage as separate entities feels …. like wrapping the truth in a lie.’ Like pancryptia.

That’s fair enough.’ He looks into his tea for a moment before drinking then continues. ‘I just know I wouldn’t have got this far if others didn’t take a chance on me.’ And look at how I repaid that.

Shaking his head. ‘I didn’t mean to imply that was a problem, merely my thoughts'. And if I had to choose. ‘I reckon he’d pull of a suit better than cowl so I’d go for bond.’

Legacies are a commitment for sure. But when you’re ready very rewarding I have found.’ I wonder how I would have turned out under any other tutor. Certainty not something I regret.’

He listens with undivided attention as October explains the change in worldview awakened life has had on her. ‘Learning about ourselves through the truth of the arcanum, now that’s got the ring of wisdom to it. You should put that on a quote board.She’s sharing so I should. As for me in fact my awakened life has shown me, I have more control, more say in my.’ Umming and arhing for the right word. ‘Destiny, I guess. Things can be changed; they can also be set in stone.’

And there’s the punchline again. He smirks. ‘Can I ask you a question about the lie that can be easily misunderstood?’ Watching her over the tea cup. Goodness knows everyone I’ve asked so far has misunderstood it.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head gently, “I wouldn’t call it an error, you just have a different way for going about things. And as long as you uphold it, like you say, then that’s what really matters right?” of course it was right.

“We all have someone to thank for them taking a chance on us. But I’ve come to a point in my life that I won’t put myself in danger to make sure someone understands how things work. I just can’t, I’ve fought too hard to get to where I am to throw it away because someone wants to be ignorant.” Harsh? Maybe. But it was what it was.

“I didn’t take it as you saying it was a problem, not at all. Just offering my thoughts on it. And now that you mention it, I think he’d pull of a suit better then a cowl as well.” Chuckling, “Not many can pull off a cowl.” But why would someone want to?

“And it sounds like it’s given you something to focus on, something to strive for. Not many have that.” Would she ever go for a Legacy? Probably not. But, you never know what the future holds.

Did it have that ring to it? She wasn’t sure and shrugs, “I just see it as living and learning from my mistakes. Learning from my misunderstandings and just trying to live my best life. But if there is wisdom in that, I’ll take it!” laughing before looking a bit more serious. “Things can most certainly be changed, they are in constant motion, the tapestry being woven while also be picked apart.” Least that’s how it appeared to her.

“Of course.” Taking another sip of her tea.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He smiles appreciatively. ‘That’s very understanding of you.Many would judge me as careless for it.

Pondering a moment. ‘Ignorance is the bane of all things most certainly.’ How far does that view pervade around here, perhaps why no one reached out to me when I arrived? ‘It’s what we have the lex for after all to keep the worst of it in check. Not that it stops every fool but it helps.’ The Golden laws the constant reminder, connection, to Atlantis. ‘I can’t help but wonder if the day will ever come where I am thrust into the same position. A newly awakened mage lost and overwhelmed in the truth of reality, will I be bold enough to reach out a hand?’ I certainly don’t see myself as the mentor type, but it might be nice. A half smile creeps over his face thinking on it.

Chortling, he has to put his tea down to avoid spilling. ‘So, if Winter is Bond, what about the rest of us?’ This might be a fun little game.

Continuing to talk of the legacy he quietens becoming not guarded but certainly more hesitant. ‘It has offered me … the most ... concrete plan against the lie I have yet to hear.Which given how some of them are just barking mad, is a scarily low bar.

Speaking of the lie. Death is part of the natural cycle.’ He repeats her own earlier statement. ‘How many of the laws that seemed absolute while we slept do you think still apply?’
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“There is the Lex, that is true. But who do we have to enforce it?” the answer was no one. As to a new awakened mage? “Well, that’s something only you can answer. It’s not something that everyone is willing to do, putting themselves at risk isn’t high on everyones list.” Certainly not hers.

Laughing, “I don’t have a vast knowledge on superhero’s unfortunately, only knowing mainstream ones I’ve seen on commercials or ads. Plus, I’ve only meet everyone once or twice, so not sure I can give a good answer.” But she did look thoughtful, like she was really thinking it over, and she was.

“Then it’s been a good thing for you, keep chasing it.”
    Not everyone had a plan, most were just winging it and hoping for the best.

A nod of agreement, Death was natural. “Oh, now that is a question! A difficult one and I can see why it could be misunderstood. But not one with easy answers.” At least, not on her part. “I like to think all laws still apply. I am not above any law, certainly not sleeper law and more importantly, Awakened law. We have a gift of sorts; we see what is real and what isn’t. Just because our eyes are open doesn’t make us above anything. Why should that change? Why should sleeper laws only apply to sleepers? What makes us special?”

15. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread