DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The awakened of Sacramento would not fail to notice that a moderately sized corkboard had been left in the circle, propped against the bookcase, several notices already pinned up but with room and pins for more.

One such a sheet of lined paper in the upper left most corner reads:
    Contact details:
    Chambers (Phone number)

Another sheet, this of seasonably themed stationary paper reads:
    Dear October
    I’d like to more properly roll out the welcome wagon and invite you to tea and a chat. If you would be willing to take me up on this, I can be found at Mill Street Pier on (Time/Date).
    Chambers.

Chambers can in fact be found at the pier moored a short way down sitting on the upper balcony of his Indian style house boat people watching, waiting to see if his guest would take him up on the offer. (From the outside the lower balcony has had external walls put up and cannot be seen directly into).
    Orianna October
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Acanthus was actually excited when she saw the letter. Getting to know the other Awakened of Sacramento was something she had been looking forward to doing.

But she felt like she should bring something, it was the polite thing to do. So she looked up what paired well with tea, and found that scones was typically the way to go. Bad thing? The doctor can’t cook, but does have Google and finds a bakery that offered a box of assorted scones!

Score!

Arriving at the designated time, the Enchantress was never late. Even before Awakening, it was just her way. She decided to go casual, so she walks up in jeans, boots and an oversized long-sleeved shirt. The box was in her hands as she approaches.

Smiling, a hand was raised in greeting to Chambers, “Permission to come aboard!” clearly amused with herself.

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Peering over the railing he returns the wave, with a smile. ‘Glad you could make it, of course. I’d be a pretty terrible host to make you wait outside. The doors open.’ With this he stands but then seems to start descending into the floor.

The front door to what would have been the lower balcony is marked with the boats name. XXXVXCVXCVC, and leads into a gloomy workshop in which the air tastes of stone dust. No electronics or light sources are found within bar that which bleeds through cracks in the wall and the from the trapdoor chambers dressed today in a heavy fabric shirt and nice denim jeans is currently descending from. Various hammers and chisels are hooked neatly on the walls, stacks of different gain sand paper are carefully filed and crates of large rocks take up two corners. A single large work surface dominates the centre of the space on which something wrapped in linen 3ft long and 45cm in length sits in a cushioned box.

Just through here.’ Chambers opens the only other door which leads into the boat proper a far more comfortable space. The main living areas is full of natural light with a full wall window by which an armchair is set up, along the interior wall the galley and food storage, and a plush sofa against the what would have been the outside wall. Pots and pans hang from the elevated ceiling, a coffee table holds dominion in the centre, and small units clutter around the seating arrangements, providing both surfaces and draw for storage. The air has a hint of roses, clove and cinnamon by virtue of the ash tray on one such coffee stand, by the armchair in which his pipe currently rests.

Chambers however heads down the tight corridor that leads further in, calling over his shoulder. ‘Please make yourself comfortable, I’m just going move us a hundred meters or so down river, away from.’ Waving a hand backwards to the crowds outside on the pier. ‘Safer to talk openly that way.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “That it would!” and proceeds to the indicated door.

She couldn’t help but look around as she entered, “Wow, this is quite the workshop!” she wasn’t sure what it was for, but it was, indeed, impressive.

Following Chambers, once again, taking in her surroundings, “What a nice place you have here, it's very cozy!” Seemed like a good place to get lost in a book or thought.

“Sure.” Deciding to take a seat on the sofa, the box on her lap as she waited.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers grins appreciatively at the compliments, and calls back down the corridor. 'Thank you, that's very kind of you to say there's still plenty I want to do with it but as a living space it works very nicely for me.' And the benefits of being being mobile cant be ignored.

It takes less then two minutes to move away from the more crowded pier and moor to an over hanging tree branch before chambers is back in the living area. 'Thank you for coming. I hope I'm not taking you away from anything to important.' Spying the box. 'Would it be presumptuous of me to assume you bright those to share?' The eye he's giving the box certainty suggests he hopes so.

'But yes, Sorry about the wait, but a few precautions never hurt. And make it oh so much easier to talk openly.' Striding across to the Galley, 'How do you take your tea? I've got regular, peppermint, Oolong and a few Darjeeling still.' He uses clasps to lock the kettle to the stove before turning the gas on to bring it to boil. 'Milk, sugar, honey, some orange slices, nutmeg if your into that.' Pulling different boxes and containers from shelves, a spice rack and cupboards to put it all onto a tray.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“As long as it works for you, then it serves its purpose. Though I hope you’re able to do what you want with it in the future.” And whatever that was, was his business.

Smiling, “Thank you for reaching out and inviting me.” Then a shake of her head, “It’s actually my day off, so no taking me away from anything.” At the mention of the box, she holds it up, “You said tea, so I thought I’d bring something to go with it. There happens to be a bakery in town that specializes in scones, so I figured, why not.” Worse case, he doesn’t like them and she has to bring them into work.

“No worries about the wait, and I agree, safety is important when it comes to our community.” And she took that seriously. “Those are all good, and I’m horrible at making choices, but, hmmm,” what did she feel like, “lets go with Oolong, and honey sounds perfect with it.” It added a nice bit of sweetness to the tea.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Horrible at making choices she says, and yet makes a very good one.’ He says with a grin. An Oolong tea bag goes into a cup, and a Darjeeling into a second for himself. A pot of honey is added to the tray along with a small pitcher of milk, bowl of sugar and the orange slices, as are two plates and a few knives for any spreadables that came with the scones. ‘That is very thoughtful of you, and much apricated.’ Hot water into a teapot on the tray which is finished by a tea spoon being placed next to each cup before Chambers sets it all on the coffee table, each cup facing its recipient, finally he pours the water from pot to cups before he takes a seat himself in the armchair.

Your day off, and you’re giving some to meet with me I’m flattered.’ Given we share next to nothing in terms of affiliations she had no known inclination to accept. He inclines his head in thanks. ‘And yes, unless it takes the summer off I noticed the welcome committee leaves a little to be desired at the moment, and with so few of us it seems good to foster relations. I appreciate you in fact might be in a better position than I am to answer any questions but please feel free to ask.’ He takes a moment to stir his cup.

I’m curious to know if its not rude to ask, how things have changed since you were last in the city?’
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle, “Helps to have lady luck on your side.” Except when she wasn’t. Placing the box on the table, she opens it, “Appears they’ve included some jam and a clotted cream?” the cream wasn’t known to her. “Huh, looks good though!” she’d never had it, but was always game to try new things.

When he sets the cups down and pours the water, “Thank you.”

The Acanthus snorts as she laughs, “Well, I didn’t really make a good first impression. But I agree, fostering good relations is valuable to our existence and survival. I fear there are those that seem to forget that.” In their world, friends were invaluable. “Questions? Sure, fire away.” She’d answer what she could.

Carefully placing some of the honey in the hot water, she stirs it, thinking over the question, “It’s not rude at all, I tend to an open book with questions. Especially if they’re about a place I used to live. Uh, lets see,” lifting the cup and blowing on it, testing the temp with a small sip, “they’ve changed dramatically. This city used to be thriving with Awakened, the numbers were healthy and everyone had representation. We even had a Hierarch.” Those days were missed. “If you’re curious about the Seer’s or Lay Lines, I’m not sure, as I haven’t had a chance to really get out and look.” but she imagines there were still Seer's and trouble lurking. "So what brought you to Sacramento?"

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He shakes his head politely dismissive. 'I would like to think we both know how little first impressions convey, compared to what's hidden from sight.' True in life, True in people, often enough. 'Clotted cream is kind of a form of ice cream made by letting boiling milk cool slowly.' He'd been to more than enough afternoon teas to not know his way around the snacks.

'Representation? well things have certainly changed, I don't rightly know what every one is to even be represented.' He's nonchalant, it clearly doesn't overly bother him. Folks have their boundaries. It just impacts how far I'll share myself.

Continuing to gently stir his tea. 'According to Witch and Winter the usual problems and dangers have been rather quite of late. Doesn't mean I think they aren't out there.' This thought clearly troubles him much more, weighing heavier. 'If your planning to go looking let me know and I'll tag along, safer in numbers, no matter how lucky you might be.' Raise his cup, the enchanter gets a look that states the seriousness of his offer. 'What kind of things did you have to deal with last time around?' Any hint or clue could be useful.

Shaking free from the darker contemplations. 'Myself? I came over to study part time a little over six years ago. I awakened within days of arriving.' A shrug. 'I guess some might call it fate? a divine plan? cant say for sure. Only that it happened.'
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Is it? Huh, well, I’m excited to give it a try!” and she does just that, lightly running a knife along it and placing some on one of the scones.

Taking a careful, small bite, a hand held under the scone in case of any crumbs, “Oh! That is delicious!” colored her surprised. “The group was still small, but there seemed to be someone of every Path and Order. And there, was, well, order.” Something that seemed to be lacking currently.
    A soft chuckle, “Quiet can either be a good thing, or a bad thing in our world. But usually a bad thing, letting our guard down is never advised.” Always be aware, always be careful. "I’d love the company! You might spot something I don’t. Well, luck is two sided, no matter how much lady luck might like me, she is a fickle bitch at times.” And anyone who thought differently was tempting fate.

“Uh, the only thing that stands out is some weird building in the old part of downtown. A place that Time seemed to have wrapped itself around, and if memory serves me right, there was a Spirit there. But pretty sure it was taken care of.” She had left soon after that. “But that’s the only thing that stands out, well, stands out in the sense that I was there. Though there was mentioned of the FBI being able to detect Magic, which was unsettling to say the least.” But she didn’t have too much info on it.

Eyebrows rise over her mug in surprise, “Now that is something that sounds like Fate, that is, if you believe in it. But what luck. So sentimental attachment to the area, or just enjoyed the academics it offered?”

15. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread