Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

"Yes!"

Anatole's face lights up as he lends an attentive ear to the Ogre; his Autumnal Mantle shivers in the gloom.

"Magic is real and we can do it."

He echoes the Ogre's sentiments.

"The other Courts don't quite get what that means."

The Wizened holds the moment for as long as he can and, with some regret, lets it go with a sigh.

"I think I shall enjoy working with you. Do you have any further questions about the Freehold? It goes without saying that I recognise you and through me, the Freehold will see you as one of its own."

2. Likes liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

More than content to not break the moment, holding tight to the fragments of memory, not as clear as the violence but oh so much more precious.

Eventually though this silence breaks to. Leaving him blinking rapidly to get back in the moment.

'Yeah seems we see eye to eye or close enough on quite a bit. Looking forward to it. Only one comes to mind in the moment is you said next feast, is important, that'd be yule right? or does the freehold hold others?'

Kray nods. and removes his hat holding it to his chest. 'My thanks harvest king Anatole.' He tries the words out, it'll take some getting used to, its not an element of the seasons he's had to much to do with so far.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole nodded.

"Yule. Winter solstice. When the crown passes between the Courts. This year we have no visible Onyx Courtiers so the crown will pass to either the Director or continue with me. Through the power of the Wyrdstone and by the dictate of the Wyrd. It will be an interesting time."

Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray nods a few times glad he understood. However as seems to be quickly becoming an apparent habit whenever he says he has just one last question, a few more bubble up.

'On the subject is the oath pre set or should I craft my own? and is there an order of events or do I just show up on the day and approach the wyrdstone?' The hat goes back on with care.

The break in seasons however gets a scratch of the head. 'Huh, well interesting time to be around, this ever happened before?' It seemed president did exist by what Anatole said but the Ogre was curious.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole's head tilted slightly.

"No Pledge is needed. The Wyrdstone takes what it needs. Simply approach and... be open... as the saying goes."

Anatole snorted or perhaps sighed - it was hard to tell as he tugged at his moustache.

"It has occurred before. Different Court, same situation. We are a small Freehold, tiny really, and our population always seems to be in flux. The instability... plus some other things such as the problems of the Wyrd inconsistently taking hold... forced the then Sovereigns to delve into the Thorns seeking a solution. They returned with the Wyrdstone."

The artefact was the surity upon which their Freehold Oath held. But the Harvest King did not say that directly.

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray gives a shrug of the shoulders. 'Fair enough just the way you spoke of binding to it and enforcing the freehold oaths made me think a pledge might be involved, my bad.' Good thing I asked huh.

Eyes lose just a little of the intensity from the talk about magic. 'Well if its been gotten over before, no reason it can't be again.' less interesting, but still worth a watch for the personal experience.

'I think ... ' Scratching his temple. 'I think that's genuinely it form me now, unless there's anything else you would like to know?'

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole stooped and took up the bottle that sat between them. He sloshed and swirled the contents, then drank.

"None from me. We will meet again soon I am certain."

He extended the bottle, now almost empty, to the Ogre.

Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray takes the bottle and holding it above his mouth, with out any ritual to the action, pours the reminder down his gullet. Unless Anatole reaches for the bottle he will keep it the in hand with the empty blintzes box to be thrown away properly later.

'Of that I have no doubt we will.'

Kray offers his free hand to shake. 'Been a real pleasure meeting with you.'

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole's face breaks into a grandfatherly grin.

"Likewise. Likewise."

He takes the giant's outstretched hand and shakes it.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread