Ended
Watch

The gathering of the Chorus

THREADID
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

The Crone Farm: once the main social locus of the Circle it hadn't seen much use since the last Hierophant ceased to be seen in public. While the fields besides and behind the farmhouse, the greenhouses and the animals were cared for by students due to an agreement with the university, there were clear signs of neglect, as the driveway and the clearing in front of the house had weeds growing on them and the house looked like it could use a coat of paint.

Al had finished sweeping the clearing and set up lighting at the end of the driveway. Then he put the broom into the toolshed and retreated into the gazebo to put on the ceremonial robe. All that was left to do then was waiting for those called to arrive...

Jennifer Hazelton

An unassuming Latino woman known as Simone arrived, riding an electric bike. She removed her helmet and placed it in the side bag. Her Beast rolls out to greet the others.
    BP 3
    Her stocky body is well-muscled, and scarred. Her short, straight black hair is brushed back and pinned with a small clip into some more passable style for Formal Court. She presented herself in a modest white calf length dress with 3/4 sleeves. A scar at her collarbone peeked out, three lines that resembled claw marks. She strides with confidence towards Baker and gives him a nod.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al felt someone approaching and it took several minutes to be able to have a normal conversation instead of getting up and running away. When he had achieved that, he stood up, adjusted his black robe and returned the nod with a small smile.

"Mrs. Perez, good evening and thank you for coming. Do you happen to know whether there will be people joining us or are we the whole covenant?"

He was aware that the question might be a bad one, as a good member would have gotten in contact sooner, thus knowing this.

Jennifer Hazelton

" I have not been in contact with others, Mr. Baker. Last I heard a few months ago, they sought a Domain with more activity."
    The Mekhet replied. Her eyes look over the farm with resignation.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al followed her look and nodded with a sigh and a slight twitch of his eye at being adressed as 'Mr. Baker'.

"Indeed there is much to do for us, but I'm sure with faith, the goodwill of the Gods and perhaps a few more hands we can rebuild what has fallen into disrepair."

Freeing his gaze from the house he thought for a while and then nodded.

"I would be interested in your opinion on things as they are and how to improve them."

Jennifer Hazelton

There was a moment of silence. A thoughtful expression bloomed on Simone's face.
    "I do want to see this place restored to what it was. Hosting a Formal Court could gain us positive recognition. I shall report here every other night to aid in the clean up.

I have some concern over the other Covenants. The foul aristocracy of the Invictus continue to boast the most respected members. The cousin Wells has vanished. I assume he left without a word?"
    A look to Baker to verify.
    "Which leaves the Reeve as head of the other Covenant of note in the City. She could make overtures to the same Kindred we would approach. Do you know how many Unaligned Kindred are in the city?
    What do you intend to do?"

Jennifer Hazelton

It has been two weeks. Do you have any interest in developing the Covenant?

"I see that you do not have much to share on the topic." The Mekhet looks visibly dissapointed. "I will look for you at Court to see if you have any interest in continuing to be involved. Good eve, Hierophant."

The Mekhet turns to depart and makes her way, looking visibly slouched and saddened.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded. She had some good points. He'd need to get into action, as difficult as it was.

"I don't. At the moment."

Thinking for a while he finally got to measures which were a good start. It remained to be seen, where to go from there.

"I'll have a talk with the Unaligned and make some calculations about the needed staff for a festivity. There will be progress at the next meeting."

Looking at her leaving he knew he probably wasn't the leader she wanted or deserved and it made him sad.

"Good evening, Mrs. Perez."

OOC

Closed Thread