Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Conversation in the dark of night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The two-story salon had an artistic styled sign across the entrance with the name Lotus. The location of the building, nestled on a walkway near other artistic stores, suggests Blushing would be beneficial. The lighting within the salon allowed one to see the space, yet was dim. When you move through the entranceway, a walk-in coat check where Liam waited to accept coats and accessories was to the left. The next door led to a small room with a few seats along the wall, yet mostly open space. A small hallway with two locked doors led to an upstairs area, reserved for a small office area for managing the salon.
    There are two open doors visible. A third door remains closed. The first door stands open, revealing a medium sized room with some artwork on the walls to reflect and converse on. Two large glass globes with small openings at the top were just before the hall. Within these globes, lotus flowers floated in clear water.

The second door leads to a well-appointed study. Jennifer stands beside the door to the study, awaiting Priscus Jack. She wore a Vestido De Noite Longo 2018 Elegant Dark Green Evening Dress. It was noticeable that Jennifer did not wear a scarf, her neck and shoulder bare to reveal the gift of her Sire upon her Embrace. It was as though a sharp tooth, wide maw mouth had taken flesh from Jennifer's neck and one of her shoulders. Jennifer wore the two rings that meant so much to her - the emerald ring on one hand and the chocolate diamond and white diamond ring on the other hand. Her only other jewelry was the matching green bracelet. An observant Kindred may have noticed the emerald bracelet was an exact match to bracelets that Helen and Bellemy may have been seen wearing.

Jennifer is Blushed.
    Killian Jacque
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Book keeping: Blush
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Jack made his way to Lotus at the prescribed time. He was both counterfeiting life and wearing an overcoat to disguise the underneath until he arrived at the coat check. Slipping one arm after the other out of the jacket left him with the immaculately pressed dress shirt and light violet paisley printed vest. He had his typical Rolex, followed by amethyst cufflinks and tie stud. A few thin gold chains accented the jewelry across his vest but the only other notable decoration was a pin he had been gifted in a past Invictus meeting at this very location.

Coming around to see the Seneschal waiting for him brought a smile and a respectful bow of his head. Her curse was both a source of pride and disgust for him. Gruesome as it was, many of the Nosferatu had the hardest starts to their Danse with having to conceal great risks to breaches.

"Good evening," he offered to kick off the conversation. He was her guest this evening, after all.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gave a respectful nod of her head to the Priscus of the ventrue as he neared. "Good evening." She replied in her voice that slithered like a serpent over decaying autumn leaves.
    "Do have a seat." She offered a she led the way into the study. She took a seat at one of the two arm chairs arranged around a well appointed book case featuring novels of classic English and Italian literature. There was a large desk in the back corner of the room that oversaw the room, with a few leather journals neatly arranged between jade book ends.

"I trust you have been well since we last spoke?" She inquired, polite. She was honest as she continued. "I did want to offer my personal apology at the behavior of my Clan member at Court. The compeition was such a clever and well executed idea."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The haunt's curse in both sound and shape brought forth a discomfort rarely felt by the dead, but he was diligent to lock that feeling deep within.

At her request, he followed her into the study and waited to sit until she had done so herself. "I have, albeit busy with studies and the latest events." At her apology his lips pursed with the memory of the events that unfolded, "You have been quite apologetic on behalf of your clan members and I wish you to know that I have no ill feeling towards you or the rest of the Nosferatu. That being said, my disappointment can't be described as anything less than immeasurable."

"Even then it is not a disappointment born towards any clan or member but more towards the outlook of our society as a whole. They should be grateful we do not reside in an Invictus Domain." He scoffed, remembering the slightest insistence on decorum be branded oppressive. "Even though it is not I still feel that between a Carthian and a Dragon there would be enough pride and respect to revel in such victories. This... response was not one I had expected from willing participants."

"I pride myself in my ability to plan for a variety of outcomes yet this ultimately surprised me." His fingers flitted in the air gently, "Though, with me stepping out of the seat you now hold this is less of a problem for me directly." For now at least... "I still can't help but wonder about our future when the pillars of respect and order that this society has thrived on for an eternity soften further."

He couldn't even blame the matter on the movement. He paused as to not fill the room with his unyielding voice.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I appreciate that." It was an honest feeling, for she appreciated Jack did not hold to what he could have.
    There is a moment of silence as Jennifer considers. It is a comfortable moment as she does not need empty words between her and a longtime ally. His feelings are considered with some concern.

"I have noticed the same phenemon as you have. I have been meditating on how to fix the situation. I personally feel that simple good manners are being left by the wayside for a new norm of disinterest. I am dissapointed that Kindred of the Domain need so much. I expected Kindred to want to impress Domain officials, as one should. What has changed?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I do not know," he responded in kind to the likely rhetorical question. "Apathy and disinterest has become all too common. Even as early as Ms. Wood, I did not believe she intended to offend in any of her action or inaction but it was important to spurn promptly, regardless of intention." There was decorum to uphold. "Perhaps it has slowly built up to this?"

"Still there are ways to inspire, though perhaps it may be viewed as extreme by some..." The targets of such motivations at least.

His tone shifted to positivity with a change of conversation, "I'm sure you requested an audience for more pleasant affairs. How is the research coming along?" Although, he had the decanter so he obviously knew most of the answer.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods slightly, to show that she was in agreement with the Ventrue Priscus. Although his words were mulled over in her mind. She did not speak on the subject again, choosing to consider the words.

"I have no agenda for tonights meeting. It had been awhile since we spoke.
    I thought that I had everything on lockdown. Yet a practical excercise showed that there were some concepts that alluded me."
    Which is slightly irritating.
    "I continue to devote a lions share of my time to the research. I expect I shall truly understand the elusive secrets soon enough."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am glad to hear of your progress and know that I empathize with the roadblocks fully," he nodded in kind, reflecting on his own journey. "It has been years since I started this journey with the impossible goal of choking lies and deception from the throats of Kindred." A predatory smile accents the statement, "Figuratively, of course. Nevertheless, the journey helped me find the First Estate and ultimately achieve a means to that goal. It was not without similar delays and frustration. There were months where I felt little to no progress was made and not for a lack of trying."

His expression softens as his hand raises, "I have a profound pride in witnessing you clear the last hurdles of your journey though. Where I simply achieved a goal- you are cementing a Legacy for yourself and your blood within the Unconquered."

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listened for a moment, reflecting on what was shared with her.
    "The goal you describe sounds fantastic. Yes, you speak truth. I have been focussing on the elusive knowledge for some time. Unexpected road blocks have been frustrating. Yet I know that I shall preservere.
    " Such an Oath shall provide a powerful piece in the skeleton of the Unconquered."

Jennifer smiles slightly. It was a compliment and pride welled. Yet Jennifer was quiet for a moment. Feeling the Beast's purr of pride was a tempting pull.
    "I am quite humbled by the experience. Thank you."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread