Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
The Circle Goes Round

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Lori stares at Moray, ready to defend herself or lay the woman on her back at a moments notice, but addresses Circe.

"Guess Sean heard his momma calling," she says with a derisive chuckle.

"Anyways, I was wanted for beating up some bitch so that's why I haven't been around. I guess Sean had to heal up after that burn so that's his excuse for being gone. He probably was putting the fangs to some Kine whore the whole time." As she finishes what she's saying Lori flicks her tongue in the direction of Moray in a crude gesture that mimics the snake wrapped around Circe's arm.

Prrem, roll 1d10 for Sean. That will be the number of additional posts between the ladies before Sean can rejoin the scene.

Moray looks puzzled by Lori's tongue flicking.

Circe nods at Lori's explanation. "I appreciate knowing what had happened, but as it happens, your return comes at a good time. Moray has been with us only a short time, having been delivered into my care by Hound Konstantin. Assuming Sean is able to bring himself under control, I would like the two of you to handle getting Moray familiar with the Domain... teaching her about the local area. I have already discussed the Domain rules with her, but she is... unused to interacting with the kine. And to remaining clothed, as you no doubt noticed."

She gestures for Lori to follow her as she walks a short distance away. "Although Moray needs some help learning to behave within the bounds of the Masquerade, there is more to the task I assign you than babysitting. She has encountered some strange kindred who appear to have taken an interest in her. My concern is that their interest may continue. If that is the case, we will want to learn what we can about these other Kindred, in addition to keeping Moray safe."

Sean
    Sean

PRE

4 posts

Lori walks with Circe, her heavy boots dragging and clomping along on the floor of the temple noisily. "I certainly won't mind being -her- body guard but don't you think Sean and I are bad role models? I know for a fact Sean will only make that clothes thing much, much worse," Lori says, sneaking a peek over her shoulder at the nude Kindred a short distance away.

Looking back to Circe, "what about these 'other' Kindred to? I mean, I'm sure we can handle them but, um, what should we expect?"

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

"I think you'll be fine examples," Circe says. "Moray will probably react better to the rough edges than she would someone who put too much effort into trying to pass unnoticed among the Kine. As to Sean's proclivities..." Circe smiles just slightly. "She can more than handle herself - Priscus Konstantin says that while she's not very trained, she seems to have a natural instinct for fighting. 'Very close to the Beast,' he said. If Sean beds Moray, or you do, or you both do, that would represent a huge move forward for her in terms of socialization. If she doesn't like the attention, perhaps she will pay more attention to maintaining a state of dress. Either result will be a positive one."

"These other vampires... they are worrisome." Circe scowls. "Moray describes one as having the stink of death about him, and the other as being an ancient, with ashen skin. She is under the impression this one might have been seeking to feed on her, though that is as likely her suspiciousness talking as fact. That one has strange ghoul servitors, reptilian in aspect, able to render themselves unseen. Aside from whatever he wants with Moray, he has sent these creatures against the Ordo Dracul."

Lori wears a smirk as Circe explains the situation of Moray's clothing but as the conversation goes on it slowly fades. "Reptilian ghouls and an ancient... Nasty," she said in a low mumble as though addressing herself. She found herself one again thankful for Sean's proficiency with their clan's terrifying claw ability.

Snapping out of thought she looks to Circe again, "well, I'll try my best not to ruin her." There's a hint of sarcasm in her voice but she seemed sincere, for Lori.

Having heard enough about the quarry they would have to be on the look out for she changes the subject back to her partner, "do you think Sean's gotten the sand out of his clam yet? He needs to hear some of this stuff."

"I'm sure he will be back sooner rather than later," Circe says, apparently not too concerned. She turns to Moray. "Go await Sean."

Moray leaves the room without comment.

Circe turns back to Lori. "So, Lori, are you ready to move from the Chorus to becoming a full Acolyte, committing your Requiem fully to the Goddess?"

Lori looked visibly pained when Circe's question hit her and she watches the door Muray left from as she conjures up an answer in her mind. Her thoughts were that she didn't like Kindred interaction much. Still young in Kindred terms, entering a meeting or ritual just made her feel small and threatened by the others with their more potent blood. It was her time away from her blood sucking brethren that brought about her response. "Yes," she says, an unusual serious tone taking her words. "Having more dedication to the Circle might help keep incidents like what happened in check. I'm grateful that you are allowing me this chance and trusting me with Moray, hopefully I do not let you down."

Lori switched her eyes from the door down to her boots witch she shuffled on the floor uncomfortably.

"You may find the task challenging, but through challenge comes growth," Circe says. "Besides, I think you have more to offer than you are aware."

Sean can come back into the scene any time.

Sean
    Sean

PRE

The door creaks open and Sean walks back inside. His pants and boots are spattered with mud and there are leaves, sticky seeds, and thorns in his hair and on his shirt - obviously souvenirs from his little run.

First he turns to Moray "Sorry about that" he says, even as his eyes pass unconsciously over her nude body. "Normally I'm such a nice guy." he shrugs

He turns to look at Lori and Circe "So... What did I miss?"

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread