(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A more understanding nod at the statement, “This is true, and yet there are those who think they are above a challenge. I personally love them. Makes the nights more interesting.” A wink to the Haunt.

“You would think chocolate mixed with honey would be too sweet, but they did an excellent job. I don’t usually enjoy sweets, but I would buy this.” It was quite enjoyable.

A more solemn nod, “Ah, yeah, that would difficult to deal with. After all, there are only so many hours in the day and night. But who knows, maybe you’ll get some time in the future and continue to learn.” If Jenn truly enjoyed it, she hoped she would get the chance.

The glass was raised to her lips as she thinks on the question, “I go back and forth on it to be honest. There are always times when I wonder if I had gotten to finish school if things would have gone differently. But I’m also happy in my life and the direction its taken me.” Being honest with her answer. “And who knows, maybe I’ll try some online classes.” Why not?

They could, and she knew a few, “But that’s not very Halloween like, I mean, most piano bars I know have a dress code. And I doubt Halloween costumes are on the list. Though it would create for a fun atmosphere. Maybe just biting the bullet per say and trying a club is the way to go.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Challenge keeps us relevant." Jennifer remarked. "Without a challenge, we do not learn and grow.

Yes, I think I will have to get some of these candy bars. Quite a good taste.
    I am glad that you are pleased with how your life went. There is always time to learn now. A private tutor is a possibility. Or classes are a good choice.

No, I do not believe I have visited many such places. Costumes would be needed to fully invest in the spirit of the season. Have you given any thought to a costume?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Exactly! It’s refreshing to hear someone else that understands it. I’ve seen too many just get comfortable and stagnate in their lives, never working on improving themselves or learning who they are.” It was sad. “Why do you think that is? That people choose not to better themselves.” She was curious as to the Haunts thoughts on it. Placing high value in her opinions.

“We’ll have to remember to get some to go. Though I see them being dangerous to have in the house!” laughing. “I wasn’t always pleased with it, but over the years, and with better understanding myself and who I am, I have learned to embrace it and improve on it when I can.” And years by herself, always the best teacher. “I think classes might be fun in the future, something I haven’t done yet." she could hate it, or actually enjoy it. "When you were taking classes, what was your favorite one?" curious.

“No, not really. Halloween has never really been something I’ve celebrated, counting it as a just another night. I’ve thrown costumes together for work events when it was required, but nothing for Halloween. You?”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I believe it is two equal parts. Fear and the ease to let sloth ease into one's habits. Fear is prevalent everywhere. I think it can have a bit more bite in our work place, where weakness is an opportunity for others to sharpen their claws. What about you? Why do you think our collegues behave in the manner that they do?"

"Yes, we can say that they are just for treats."
    An impish twinkle in Jennifer's eye. She indulged her Man often enough.
    "That is good self reflection. It is hard to look back on our past and see it clearly. I loved history. Although I was not a natural at science, I did find an interest in Botany while at college. A bit of a tangent from my computer science major."

"There was a time where I was going out a lot more often. I took time to cultivate looks that I thought fit what I wanted to portray. Although I am no fashion book. I am unsure what I shall do for Halloween. I will likely lean into horror films of some way.
    I am reminded of a past work party where the theme was heroes and villians. I had a few ideas for that and had difficulty pruning my choices."

Jennifer smiles slightly as she lifts her wine glass.
    "It is good that we find so many areas of common ground." She states quietly to the Prince.
    Jennifer took a sip of the wine. It was a bit different from the other wines that she had tasted.
    "Have you been following your inspiration for your restaurant?" Jennifer inquired.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sip of the wine as she listens, taking in the Haunts words, a nod here and there. “I like your take on it, it’s a different way to look at it.” Not one she had considered. “As for my opinion on it? I believe the behavior has been allowed, and so others are picking up on the bad habits. But one would think that if weakness is an opportunity for others, then one would work hard to overcome them. Yet no one seems motivated to improve themselves, and it’s quite sad to see.” A sigh, “I’ll never understand it.” She was always pushing herself to improve, to overcome her weaknesses.

Laughing, “I don’t see this going well. Might have to renew my gym membership with how delicious these are.” Smirking as she picks up another piece.

“We can’t escape our pasts, but we can learn from them and become a better person.” At the end of the night, that was all they could do. “History huh? Anything in particular? Like a specific time or event or just history over all?” she knew some people had specifics era’s they studied and enjoyed. “Botany I can see.” Jenn had a vast understand of flowers. “Maybe a tangent, but you have such a vast knowledge of botany and seem to really love it.” To Ale, flowers and plants were, well, flowers and plants.

“I’ve always thought Halloween costumes were more about fun and not fashionable. But I could be wrong.” Shrugging, “I think I’ll focus on something comfortable, but fun.” And a few ideas were making themselves known in her head.

“It really is, especially in this day and age. But I also like how we can disagree, and have an intelligent conversation about it.” That was rare.

“Kind of. I’ve been trying to keep myself open to where inspiration takes me. I don’t want to only focus on one thing, I want to add a bit of different things. Like the bar, it has a completely different feel to it then the actual restaurant. More an intimate piano bar. How is Lotus doing?”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I can see that. Perhaps it is time to push back on what behavior is allowed." Jennifer considered.
    "I agree with you. There is always an opportunity to learn and better oneself."
    Jennifer made a genuine laugh at the mention of the gym as she picked up another delectable bite from the plate. She sampled it with obvious delight.
    "Yes, we definitely have to do this more often. I like various history, early American history and South American history was where I spent some time. I spent a little time on Early English history, yet a lot of it did not stick for me. Thank you. I find botany to be soothing. It makes a sense that is easy to follow.

"I always look to try and fit in with my costume. To try and match the fashion." Perhaps because Jennifer was so Other. She did not want too many eyes to be upon her while among the Kine.

"The ability to respectfully disagree is an art in itself.
    Is it a fusion?"
    Jennifer inquired.
    "Lotus is going well. I have spent some time researching historical salons. I intend to host one open Salon and perhaps teach something or open the floor to a guest lecturer. Then I intend to have a literature based salon where our favorite writers can be explored. Yet for that salon, one will have to send me an explaination of their favorite book for an invitation.
    Which with many of the current citizens not extending themselves, it may be an intimate affair."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A thoughtful nod, “Perhaps it is.” Push back came with its own problems. But it would be better then the way things were currently going.

“When I was in school, I couldn’t get into history, and I’m not sure why. It’s such a vast subject with many directions to go. And yet, I just couldn’t get into it. Now I know some, but not enough to hold up in a serious discussion.” Her intelligence was different, it wasn’t book smart, it was street, politic and crime.

“Hmmm,” thinking, “I think I’d go a different route, going for something that I wouldn’t normally wear. Put myself out there a bit, I guess. After all, it is a night to be someone or something else if you desire. Might as well have a little fun with it.” That was going to be her excuse, having fun.
    Laughing, “An art most of population can’t learn or master.” Or even try.

“I suppose in a sense, yes. The lounge is a separate entity, purely for sipping cocktails and listening to live music.” Most fusion things she knew of were restaurants. “Like pianos, violins, that type of music.” And who knows, maybe she’d play herself.

“Sounds like you are going a more educational route. Well, if you are worried about attendance, you could open it to those outside our company. Sacramento is a large city with some excellent universities, I bet there are some students, or teachers, who would love such an evening.”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Memorizing dates was the hardest part for me. I had to teach myself a trick of memorizing." Jennifer replied.
    "That is true. Perhaps I will look to get out of my comfort zone as well. I have been looking into make up styles that could look like an injury. I could create a look like that and be a bit out of my comfort zone. I like the idea of a lounge. A place to appreciate music is an ideal locale for your restaurant.

That is very interesting. I know that I meant a smart individual who owned a flower shop awhile ago. I wonder if he is still here. Perhaps I will lead a lesson in botany, or in being observant in certain situations."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“A trick? I might ask you to teach that to me!” laughing, “I’ve never had a good memory, well, at least not with anything important. I can still play a handful of songs from memory, but names and dates? Not so much.” It was never her strong suit.

“Stepping out of your comfort zone is scary, but worth it in the end, I think. Take chances and have fun!” which she needed to do more herself. “I wanted to make a lounge with all the things I enjoyed in them, without the things I hated. It’s been a journey to say the least.” But a rewarding one.

Briefly nodding, “Sometimes we need to branch out to get what we want. I could see it be a very popular and sought after class. Or even a book night, inviting others for an evening of drinks, food and discussing their favorite pieces of literature.”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I can do that." Jennifer replied.

"Yes, branching out is fun. We cannot stay stagnant. I cannot wait to see a sample of the experiences that bring you joy represented in your lounge."
    "Thank you." Jennife replied, genuinely pleased that her idea made sense to Alessandra.
    "I do hope that that my idea forms an enjoyable evening. Ah, the evening has rushed by. This was wonderful, Sofia. We should do this again soon." She suggested in her Cursed voice.

"May you be well until I see you again."

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread