Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"A mathematical proof is the demonstration of a statement, either the proof is correct or incorrect, or a paradox. I'm well aware every system has limits however", a pause, "I just find that it's much easier to lie while to the masses than it is to a single individual. And books are the perfect tool to indoctrinate"

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

”Medical history sounds exciting. Kinda like a combination of two of my favorites – military history and the mechanisms behind diseases. I can`t believe I never thought about that. And as far as your fable goes, if you want to share it, sure. Cause that`s an interesting thought, about the grains of truth to be found in `em. And that`s a striking difference to your mathematical proofs too. Because yeah, literature has been known to indoctrinate and everyone tries to sell their own narrative. All of this causes me to see you guys as three sides to the same coin, not just two, with each of you having very interesting perspectives. I didn`t think this would actually turn out to be that interesting, lots of food for thought.”

He found Chambers` analogy about him and October being opposite sides of the same coin intriguing, but Winter`s comment caused him to change that assessment to three sides of the same coin. But Philip cringed inside when Chambers mentioned October`s shadow name in public at the antique fair, directly in the company of Winter, October and himself. He only had the awkward experience with Chambers and Witch in the park regarding mentioning shadow names in public. But this was different. They were in a crowded place and Chambers` awakened colleagues were all around him. So he chuckled inwardly at Chambers` blunder, while keeping his revenge for later because he assumed Winter`s reaction might be quite harsh down the road with regards to that fail and he didn`t want to land in the same boat. He didn`t let any of this show however, although he expectantly anticipated some reaction from them.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was only partially listening as she scanned the books, but one thing caught her full attention.

It was an easy enough name to shrug off, part of what she chose it, but only part.

“Huh?”
    looking at him with confusion, “Are you talking to me? Did you say October because you like the month, or is it part of something you’ve read?” trying to brush it off without too much attention.

To Winter, who, well, she wasn’t sure how to respond. “I agree with some of what you’ve said, books are a tool to spread information, sometimes right and sometimes wrong. I’ve never been one to take everything I read as truth, I tend to research various sources.” It was the same with medical books, there were some truly bizarre bullshit books out there. "But we can't expect everyone to be smart and not believe all they read." or hear.

Looking to Chambers with a smile, “Not many would call it exciting, but I agree, it is exciting. Well, if you find a topic that inspires you, that is. And it sounds like you certainly have. Mechanisms behind diseases is a very vast and extensive category. I’d like to hear about what got you so interested in it sometime.” It was an odd interest.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The mirth drains quickly at October’s question and he quickly scours the last handful of comments to realize … yes … he’d pulled a Philip in the park. Damm it.

‘Its when the fable is set.’ He had no idea if that was true, and hated the idea of openly lying, but he’d carelessly waltzed himself into a corner.

‘Sharing would take a while, maybe better for story time around the fire when the weather turns.’ If he went off on that he’d almost certainly get carried off in his own ramblings again.

Shaking his head in disagreement. ‘Books aren’t the problem its who pens them, ink isn’t out to deceive you but the intent of the author is. A fiery lecture, a well written biography, a logical debate any of these mediums can deceive a crowd.’ They might have to agree to disagree on this one. ‘And yes. The audience is as much to blame for blind trust or neglecting their own research.’

As October looks to him while talking of medical mechanisms. ‘I don’t think you meant that for me.’ Pointing to Philip. ‘That’s his area of interest. But yes, There a good many things I’m passionate about.’ Eyes back to the spines on the shelves.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

It's better to tell the truth and reveal nothing, than tell a lie and show your hand.
    He shrugs at the exchange between the magi, sometimes it's better to ignore a blunder and go on. No harm, no foul.
    Shadow names exist for a reason, and if one sounds dangerously like a common name, all the better.

He shrugs again, "Words can betray the original intent either. Nothing is ever truly impartial. Especially when messages can have their own life", he's being cryptic. But a Mastigos would probably catch the drift right away.
    Truth was, message, delivery, deliverer and author all could maintain a different degree of influence.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

His own recent experiences in the park caused him to immediately get what Winter talked about to Chambers.

A seemingly random cryptic statement and reminder of intent and partiality in speech. Not what I expected, but I suppose he is reserved. Good to know it takes more to rattle him. Still don`t really want to find out, though.

He found Chambers` excuse about the time of the year of his fable to be flimsy, but well delivered and played off and decided to say nothing of it.

Might not hold up on cross, though. So hopefully it`s actually true, what he said. he thought, echoing something he recently heard, before turning to Winter.

"Words to live by, although that statement in and of itself also betrays something. Oh, this is tricky. That creates an endless loop and makes my head spin, this meta-philosophy."

He also said that indirectly at Chambers, despite seemingly losing himself in Winter`s words.
    Get the hint. Be careful to not get caught in your own endless loops. he thought about Chambers.

He found October`s mention of the medical topic refreshing, but also slightly annoying as he wanted to end the discussion about literature asap to focus more on the next come-ups at the fair. But he found her impossible to resist, so he gave in and continued that conversation, turning to her.

"Yep, I only barely scratch the surface as an amateur. So many different classes of viruses alone, doing different things and interacting in different ways. Right now I`m focusing on Zika-virus. But what got me interested was, it was just something to read I read on wikipedia first of all. I love randomly researching things, that`s the main thing, diseases is just my gig for now."

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile and nod, “Oh, ok, that makes sense.” Not the slip up, but she was happy to brush it aside.

This seemed like a topic that could go back and forth for hours, with no real decision reached. And not something she wanted to go back and forth on, she didn’t care that much about the topic.

Shrugging as it was pointed out she got lost in her thoughts and addressed the wrong party, “It happens.” She wasn’t perfect. “Your areas of interest are just as important though.”

Listening to Winters words, there was a small nod, “I suppose we truly never know who or what we can trust.” But as Awakened, they already knew that.

“The ziki-virus? Haven’t heard that name in a hot minute.” Even in her profession. But she wasn’t one for viruses, she was there to put people back together in a way compatible with life. Gotta love Wikipedia, making doctors out of everyone these days. “Well, it’s a vast subject so enjoy.”

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

A tilt of the head to acknowledge Winter’s Point. ‘As I say, working through all of that is part of what I enjoy.’

Finding nothing of interest on the shelves, an idea undoubtedly sparked but the eclectic surroundings springs to mind. Turning to his companions ‘Say, how would you all feel about a little competition?
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"It's the salt of life, I guess. What do you have in mind?", he asks, eager for a challenge. "Treasure hunt, or perhaps something more intellectual?"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Turning to October first, he agreed:

”It is that, that`s part of what got me interested, lots of random stuff to learn.”

At his novel suggestion, Philip turned to Chambers amused and with a glint of newfound respect for him, as he was quite intrigued and taken by his idea.

Now that`s the spirit! This is what I live for, having money, and getting stuff, and having a motivation to get stuff. Not the showing off part though. But I guess that goes hand-in-hand with the idea. It`s a nice way to motivate me to really try though, not that I wasn`t motivated before though….

”Competition? Treasure hunt? Yes please! Now that`s my kind of game.”

He then briefly turned to Winter, who of course, had to ruin the mood by taking money, and getting stuff, out of the equation by mentioning `intellectual`.

Come on! Money is the only reason to come here, in the first place! And just what `intellectual` thing could one compete about here? Whoever sees the first ancient tome on philosophy first, I guess?

Still, he was interested in having Winter clarify what he meant, just out of curiosity though, and that itch there was a part of life he wasn`t getting, which he dismissed immediately as he was getting those thoughts.

"But just what do you mean by `more intellectual` that we could do here as a competition? I`d prefer to keep it simple. Or…… scratch that. So, I`d say, whoever finds the most valuable thing at any stand – place – thing here in the next hour is the winner?"

That last part caused him to pause. And, re-thinking the idea with somewhat diminished enthusiasm, he added:

"What`s the reward though?”

If there`s a competition, what would the reward look like? Arrogantly waving your prize-winning object in everyone else`s face? `For the honor of having won` is no real reason to compete at all. The point is to find cheap stuff to sell at mark-up, not to be rude and arrogant. I guess this is more complicated than I thought. And here I was all set to get hunting for stuff again. Aww!

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread