(Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

While she knows Chambers and Winter are chatting, she doesn’t listen.

Pulling out her own cell, she enters the number and sends a quick ‘October’ text back to his. “Have to say, I’m looking forward to talking shop.” It would be good to be able to ask questions about the city and if anything had been going on. “With how long I’ve been gone, I’m sure I missed out on some exciting things.” Well, maybe. Some places were just quiet. Though maybe Winter was the one to ask about that, but Philip was technically her superior in this.

From the way he was talking about the ring, he seemed to be quite knowledgeable. There was a look of disgust and concern, “Did you really taste some random ring? Cause, that’s not really advisable.” And gross. “Now, I’m no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but don’t rings usually come with a stamp on the inside with what carat it is? Or was that something they only started doing recently?” cause she was pretty sure there was a stamp in most rings. There wasn’t judgement in her voice, she was just curious.

“Oh, completely understand. If it’s truly such a find, you best keep it close and not flash it around. Do you intend to keep it, or sell it? I know people collect all sorts of things.”

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Boots on the ground, eyes open. Got it.’ Was it the answer he had been hoping for. No. But it was an answer. ‘Thanks.’ A nod of the head, to confirm he respected the straightforward reply, before letting that easy grin slip back into place. ‘That’s all from me, let’s not keep the others waiting.’ He’d got one question answered, best not push his luck.

Moving back to the wider conversation. Eyes brightening ‘Secured something? Sounds like the stall was a success.’ Light on the details but the tail end of the conversation gave that much, and it made the day worthwhile.

What’s everyone’s take on books?’ Looking towards with marquee with shelving units lined with old looking books and paintings.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Yeah, let's go", he says rejoining the others. "Books? Any genre in particular?"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip was keeping track of two things at once. On the one hand he was delighted that October reciprocated his number with a text and was keen to talk to her. However on the other hand he was also (but not quite as) interested in what Chambers and Winter were talking about, so he kept a close ear on that too. But, although he was keen to talk to her, he also painfully had to admit he didn't have much to talk about. Being new to the circle himself, he only really had his work, which he didn't want to talk about. All of this was not a good conversation starter although he felt the best path forward was being mostly straight with her.

"There's not much I can tell you since I'm new myself, but I'll try to help."

He knew he had to be incredibly careful about what he said, and he slapped himself when he almost caught himself saying stupid things several times. But he thought he managed to keep it vague enough. Although he repeated himself with his double entendre in the process, which caused him to slap himself inwardly again. But he was relieved when the subject turned to his new ring again.
    "Well I washed and desinfected it first with permission but yeah, it's a tried-and-true method of determining authenticity. And where was your fun of trying something new?"

he asked with a playful jest, and quadruple entendre, frowning in mock-concern. In a hushed voice he added:

"And yeah, they usually have signs but rarely, they're made to-order or privately and those sometimes don't. This one didn't, which is how I got my deal. Yep, I plan on re-selling it for 1500 to 3000 bucks at auction after I clean it up, re-verify it, and give it a proper sign."

After not learning much more from Chambers' and Winter's conversation, his spying did give him a heads-up when the conversation changed to books, so he used the time he pretended to not hear, to think. When Chambers any Winter rejoined them and the question was unmistakeable he replied casually:

"Nonfiction books, I guess. Military history and viruses right now, though I used to be interested in jewelry appraisal, which is why I came here."

He did manage to keep his pretense of appearing dense unnoticeable though, although he subtlely ignored Chambers' question on his find, leaving it to October to test if she would break his confidence.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small shake of her head, “No.” But if Philip wanted to share what he bought, then that was on him.

“Books? I enjoy them,” a pause, “when I have the time to read them.” Following his eyes, “Did you want to look at the books? Might be something good.” She’d be more tempted to buy a book then jewelry.

“Washing and disinfecting only goes so far.” It depended on the type of soap, was it medical grade? Humor in her voice, “Oh, I am always down for trying new and fun things, but everyone has a limit." Nope, not this girl.

Her eyes widen slightly at what he planned to sell it for, “Seems like an excellent way to make money.” A nod, “Good for you.” A bit impressed.

No confidence broken here.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Whatever conversation he was clearly catching the end of they didn't feel like sharing. fair enough. Shrugging ‘Ah well there’s bound to be another stall.’ The little bubble of happiness he’d felt for Philip's imagined success subsidising.

‘I’d love to look if we don’t mind the detour.’ Starting to head over that way. ‘I’m studying philosophy at the moment.’ The Mysterium had insisted he keep his course up, good practice for pancryptia. ‘But personally old journals and folklore from around the world spark my interest.’

Shouldn’t be the only one sharing. ‘What about yourselves any areas of particular literary curiosity?
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Science, for the most part. I'm not a fan of literature per se", he adds, brushing the rest of the questions off, "you can never be too sure whether an author has an agenda. At least numbers can be verified"
    "Folklore is an interesting topic as well. Stumbled upon any legend or tale worth mentioning?"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Turning first to October, he mouthed her a secret "Thanks." when the others weren`t paying him that much attention at her congratulating him on his find. Then he turned his attention to the others, who had given him quite a bit of incentive to fall into a random impromptu speech about what he wanted to do just then and what they`d wanted to know about him:

"Nope, no folk tales, besides the ones I grew up with. And it`s always good to know one`s limits. Philosophy isn`t really my thing either though its better than folk tales, but that`s a different story. Although now that I think about it, I think I did research some Philosophy- things just for the heck of it some time ago. But I`m mostly into non-fiction too. Reading about jewelry smuggling and viral diseases is exciting. It`s like a non-fiction version of a thriller novel. Nonfiction examples of story tropes just have that extra wow- factor to them that just makes them exciting to me. Although the complementary increased seriousness of nonfiction stuff is definitely not lost on me either despite the way I just made that sound. But who knows, maybe we can find a book that`s some sort of old tome that has some historic value eh? Though I`m no expert on that. I`d much rather go to the antique weapons shops and look around there, but if we get come-ups in old tomes I don`t mind either way."

With that, he reluctantly followed wherever they wanted to go. He was also still excited about spending time with October later, and he was willing to follow her anywhere just then. A small part of him was also curious about what he`d find there, despite his claims to the contrary.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Enchantress didn’t mind and follows.

“I enjoy medical history myself, specifically early surgery and how it’s evolved.” While it started as a study tool and required course material, it turned into an interest.

To Winter, “Science is fascinating subject, and I agree, numbers can be verified.” Something important in the scientific field.

Spotting the mouthed word, she simply smiles and nods. He hadn’t seemed interested in sharing with the others, so she just respected it. As to philosophy? “I had to take a course in philosophy for school and it wasn’t something I particularly enjoyed. While it can lead to some good conversations and make you really look at things, just wasn’t my thing.”

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

His laughter was quite sudden and rather loud on the heels of the talk of numbers. He couldn’t help himself. Unknowingly they had hit on his punchline, the thing that every Moros he had ever met thought him strange for. ‘… Oh … oh yes.’ Wiping his eyes on his sleeve. ‘Numbers are certain .. certain as death and taxes.’ The sleepers saying held as much truth as any fable a thousand times longer but that wasn’t what they wanted to hear.

I … I think you would like the fable of Kupti and Imani.’ Manging to calm himself. ‘Its deceptively complex for a story whose premise is as simple as they come.’

Beginning to browse the shelves. ‘Fiction or no every author has an agenda. Every scientist is trying to convince they above all others have understood the truth of the world. Every mathematician that they have applied the numbers correctly.’ Taking a moment to behold each of his companions. ‘That’s rather the point, the part I really enjoy, figuring out what’s really being said, the actual grain of truth. And I find that best with folk tales.’

No one seemed willing to talk philosophy so that can be left.

Ah October, you and I work in opposites then, I dig backwards while you read forward.’ Which was right?
    Health
    Mana

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread