Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Better not come with anything in mind, yes. I think those places work better if you come without expectations... much like anything else in life", he says seriously. "Well, let's see if we can find our time's worth"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

He decided not to get involved in the weather discussion between October and Chambers, however...
    "Watch my back, eh? I`ll keep that in mind. Can`t be too careful these days." he said, answering Chambers back in mock-seriousness like he did. But grinning afterwards.
    But good news. he thought to himself. She hasn`t completely dismissed it. Let`s see where this `talking shop` leads, later. he thought, smiling inwardly.
    "Sounds good, I can swing by to help, and then we can `talk shop`,as you put it , later." he said, grinning solemnly.
    Gotta be careful not to mention `awakened life` in as many words, in front of Winter and Witch... he thought sheepishly, having briefly considered saying it, instead settling on quoting October, instead.
    And was she really using her abilities to influence her shopping? I mean, I do too, but I don`t say it that openly. But he moved to suppress that objection in his mind, instead slowly moving towards the edge of earshot, still part of the conversation, but in the direction of the jewelry vendor Chambers mentioned.
    "As you say, expectations in this place is overrated big time. But what exactly is worth your time? Sometimes, the sort of informal suggestions is just the impetus I`m looking for."
    he said, nodding to Winter and Chambers, while continuing to walk towards his chosen stand.
    "So that seems like as good a direction to go as any other."
    he called to the others, already being a few steps away from them, beckoning them to follow him to the jewelry stand where he was going.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Huh, must just be that some people are built different.” Could she get into the medical side of it? Yes. Would she? Nope.

“If that’s all there is worry about, then you might be safe.” She begins, “But no one gives everything away, so might still have to keep an eye on you.” Joking back.

Nod of agreement with what Winter says, “Very true. There is a disparity of expectations vs reality in life and that leads to a host of problems, like discontentment and unhappiness.” Was that needed? Probably not, but she said it anyways.

“Well, if by help you mean put some shelves together, then sure. I’m ok unpacking the actual boxes myself.” She didn’t really know him, and everyone had things they didn’t want to share. “And no reason both can’t be done at the same time. I’ll have to let you know when I have some free time.” Work was…busy.

No better option had been offered up, so she’ll follow.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

‘Must be.’ He nods sagely, to the assessment of the human condition, knowing nowhere near enough to add meaningfully.

Moving to avoid bumping a passer-by, miming jazz hands. ‘See nothing up my sleeves.’ The easy grin wide with amusement now. ‘But keep as many eyes as you feel the need.’ Nodding to Philip, silently adding his note of caution however light hearted.

And behold the dangers of a good ribbing. ‘And where, pray tell my were these friendly offers of assistance when I arrived?’ The tone incredulous, yet completely betrayed by the expression of levity. Not that I would have taken them mind.

‘You much of a handy man?’ Genuinely curious. He could whip up a fine enough sculpted shelf fairly easily, but wasn’t at the making house calls stage in any of these relationships at the moment.

The comments about expectations gets a raised ye brow. ‘Guess I’m the odd one out of this than, generally like to have the bare bones of a plan.’ And yet. ‘Our adventure begins with that first innocuous step then

Allowing Philip to lead them off he does take the opportunity to fall in beside Winter. ‘Got a question if you don’t mind?’ Knowing next to nothing about the man, it felt better to test the waters first.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He gestures Chambers to go on, "Ask away", he says in a hushed tone.

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

With long strides he made it to the jewelry stand. And it didn`t disappoint. There were rings, necklaces and brooches all neatly lined up. Most of it, he didn`t care about. Except one old worn gold ring, which he got for only 50 bucks. The stand owner didn`t know what he was dealing with. It was old and worn, but pure gold, worth 6 times the sale price. After making the transaction he went back to the others. During all of this, he just barely caught Chambers asking to be allowed to ask Winter a question, above the noise of the crowd. Winter`s surprisingly responsive answer to Chambers` request, made Philip intensely curious, so all the conversation he made, he made with one ear listening intently to whatever was going on between Winter and Chambers, which he tried to hide by focusing on his conversations with October and speaking to Chambers only in passing.
    Speaking to October first.
    "You just let me know." He followed that up with a hushed boast about his find, already far enough away from the seller`s stand that the previous owner didn`t notice. "Anyway, check out this ring. Iดm pretty sure its actually gold. I can`t believe I got this for only 50 bucks."
    He turned to Chambers next, but only very briefly, to give Winter a chance to answer Chambers. But he did respond during that brief moment somewhat guiltily but good-naturedly to his, in Philip`s eyes, only somewhat good-natured jibe about lack of assistance when he arrived:
    "Well, if you need help too, feel free to ask me anything."
    With that, turned his attention back to the other stands and October, pretending to give Chambers and Winter the privacy they needed.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a look of amusement as she listens to Chambers, “Maybe he needed to get a feel for you first? Make sure you were worth assisting?” it was clear she was only joking, but there could be a hint of truth there.

“They’re not complicated ones, just some that I ordered from IKEA. Easy enough to throw together.” Something she clearly do herself, but letting Philip help gave her a chance to discuss Awakened business.

“Having at least a plan of some sort is always the best way to go. But sometimes you just have to see where things take you.” Was that only because she was an Acanthus?

Spotting him hanging back to talk with Winter she kept moving forward. Whatever he was talking to Winter about was none of her business. And when it came down to it, she didn’t care either way. Content to enjoy the day.

And with Winter agreeable, or so it looked, she focused on other things. Getting into others business was never her thing, she had her own life to focus on.

She had a private chuckle to herself as Philip seemed very eager to hit up a jewelry booth.

“Once work quiets down, so maybe in about a week or so, I should have the time.” Though work was unpredictable, it seemed like a fair time-frame. At the mention of the ring, she takes a look, an eyebrow raised, “Really? Real gold?” and only fifty? “You sure?” he probably knew more about this stuff then she did, but it seemed too good to be true. “How can you tell?”

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

October’s jest gets a short laugh, the kind of response he had been hoping for. Good, she can play.

It is good of you to offer, but I was kidding, just sneaking one in under your guard. I’m all good.’ That he had been willing to offer rather than jab back did show a respectable depth of character. Allowing them to move slightly ahead again discussing Philip's purchase, he presses his question.

Moving slowly through the crowd, keeping the others insight, he takes Winter’s tone to heart, eyes flick unfocused, contemplating, ensuring it was safe. I also need to give as little room to be dead ended as possible.

Voice level. ‘When my paper work was signed off, you let me know the in-tray was pretty empty at the moment, yet as I was heading out you said ‘we sure could use a hand.’ Which statement is true?’ As most times manners means he is looking to Winter as they converse, neither tone or expression are accusing, but he has dropped the humour from his mood, for more neutral airs.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Nothing in particular", he shrugs off the question nonchalantly, "this city has the habit of making up extra work when there are people who can handle it. And with the company being low on resources, even the basic tasks have piled up. I'm sure that in one way or another, you'll find something relevant to your interests"

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Oh, boo! And here I was hoping they would talk about the meaning of, Winter`s, life or some such. Aww shucks. I guess I should have known better. Winter`s talk about `the company being low on resources` is curious though. Is he referring to awakened society in general, or whatever company he is, or "has" worked for? Oh well...

He didn`t let his frustration about the conversation between Chambers and Winter show, outwardly as he was pretending to mostly focus on October. He was pleasantly surprised at October`s jibe towards Chambers, and he smiled to them. After all, there had been grains of truth in both October`s and Chambers` comments.
    Turning briefly to Chambers:
    "Good. The offer stands though."

He then turned his attention back fully to the when`s and how`s of helping October, and he got out his phone.
    "So, about your stuff. That sounds easy enough. I`m happy to help."
    he said, grinning smugly, shrugging.
    "You can text me the exact time and place with this number, and I`ll be there."
    This is happening. he thought victoriously.

After that segue he turned to the conversation about his ring and continued boasting about it in a hushed, matter-of-fact voice. They were already quite a distance away from the seller, but he wasn`t taking any chances. His voice and mannerisms were a combination of an expert, a geeky amateur, and a fool who pretended to know what he was talking about. But he spoke with a certainty that implied a level of knowledge.

"So, first of all the ring is old and worn. Old enough to be an old, forgotten heirloom. The lack of luster also shows it has slight impurities. You can bite down on it to check if it`s made of more malleable lead, if that leaves bite marks, which it doesn`t. From that, you can also taste if the top layers have a metallic taste, which it also doesn`t really. This narrows the material down to gold or chromium. Finally, you can heat it with a lighter to see if it shines to determine its purity. The brighter it shines, the more pure it is. I reckon this one`s 23 Carats, and worth around 300 bucks as-is. Once it`s cleaned up it might be worth way more. I`d weigh it at home to determine its` exact composition."

As he finished, he was quite proud and full of himself. But he made sure not to show the ring in public, instead keeping it deep in his bag. "Best not to wave it around in public, though. I secured it, and I intend to keep it." he said, seriously.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread