DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Though Sacramento did have a rather arid climate, November was one of its wetter months, and thus the Wasp could not escape the damnably undignified squeaks of her boot soles upon the tiled surface of the cafe's art deco floor until she set down her surprise and then took her seat. And quite a surprise it was. Certainly not the kind of thing that blended well with the cafe's decor, nor the fashionably cable knit clientele. Alas, the clientele was not her concern today. Only the look upon her guest's face as she saw the place marker which had been set upon her seat. A 29 inch place marker upholstered in black leather, felt, and rimmed with the same steel as the surprise's boss.

Coco couldn't wait until she could see Ramona's reaction to the gift. For, though her purpose today was to make peace with the sturdy smith, there was most definitely a part of the Wasp which reveled in setting others off balance. Gifts were simply a much more acceptable way of doing so.

Besides, apology cards were so last century.

Cafe Bernardo
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

The cafe looks clear. Why is she checking? It's a public place, Coco probably isn't plotting to murder her in the middle of a restaurant. The fact that she's fast enough that she could probably do it if she waned to is a little disconcerting, considering the questions Ramona has about the wasp's judgement. That's not why, though. Maybe it's just because Coco tends to be unnerving and abrasive. Ramona's not sure if it's intentional or not, but getting a look around before stepping into a new location with her is a way for the ogress to set herself at ease. It hasn't taken long, less than a minute, to scope the place out from the corner of her eye, and using reflective surfaces. The Wasp is alone. But there's a large object with her.

Pulling the trigger on this thing, she enters the diner, stopping to stomp her Doc Martens on the rain mat and shake the water off her nondescript black umbrella and fold it away. The color matches her simple band-shirt, worn under her usual leather jacket. That done, she makes her way towards Coco's table, catching the exits she's scoped out of the corner of her eyes. Just in case of emergency. "Coco," she greets, sliding into the seat across from the Wasp and noting exactly where her cane is located. (There's a sword in there, after all.) She takes a chance to get a better look at the 'place marker' accompanying the Fairest, then settles her gaze on Coco's face. "What's up?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Almost as if in ironic counterpoint, all eight sections of Coco's pupils were fixed upon Ramona's face as she sat down beside the shield. The Wasp's eyebrows rose like inquisitive twin blazes and her hands rose to splay in elegant gesture at the sturdy piece of personal armor beside the Ogre.

"I got you a present!" she confirmed, her mouth splitting into a gleaming display of enamel. "I had Marcus make it for you, actually, so the measurements should be right. Now, I understand that this might not be the place to try it on, but tell me your reaction! That is, unless you mean to make your demeanor difficult to read."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Again, her eyes flick down to the shield. After a moment's contemplation, she reaches down, one strong hand clasping the shield by the rim in a solid grip, and hoisting with an easy motion. It's solid craftsmanship. The usual pattern of timber reinforced by steel. Leather over the front to protect the material, felt in the back. Certainly a decent shield. Her eyes flick to Coco. This can't be the only reason she brought me here. Coco said she had something important to discuss, it probably isn't the gift. The gift is probably an attempt to butter her up a little. What is this? Is she hoping for support next time the Council elections are up?

"I don't really know where I stand with you," she confesses, setting the shield back down. Trying to give Coco the benefit of the doubt at least one more time. She'd earned it, in the search for Mrs. Rosemary. "If my demeanor seems reserved, that'd be why. Thank you, for the shield. It seems well-made. But if you want my honest reaction... I build shields for myself. Because they break. You have them to take hits for you, so eventually they wear out beyond usefulness, and you replace them." These are all relatively simple, logical deductions about the nature of shields. It's the thought that counts, but how much thought did Cosima really put into this? "It'll be nice, I suppose, to have spare without having to make it myself," she allows, trying to soften her words a little.

"Honestly, when I saw you with it, I was wondering if there was something around that would make you want the extra protection. Which would be cause for concern, if what I saw at the Paint Battle is any indication." Yeah, she'd been showing off, but the wasp had proved herself nigh-well untouchable if she wanted to be. Ramona was honestly curious about how long she could keep that up.

Yes, because strapping a portable wall to your arm was certainly conductive to fencing, Coco mused, a bright laugh spilling from her mouth.

"You imagined the shield was for me?" she replied rhetorically, another giggle escaping her. "Certainly not! It would simply be...too heavy for me, I'm afraid," she added, hoping the clarification would soften her words.

"I rely upon graceful movement and an elegant wit. That's just what works for me, you see. Were I to try to mimic you, I'd surely fail, I have no doubt, for I don't have your constitution, Ramona. So no, the shield is for you! I had hoped that you might find it a suitable, if temporary, replacement for your shield whenever the current one might break.

"As for were you stand with me, well,"
    the Wasp leaned forward, fingers intertwining before her upon the table. "I was actually hoping to apologize to you. I have been needlessly rude to you, and I hoped to express my sincere regret at having done so. After you came to my aid in the quest for Rosemary, I realized just how wrong I was. For, though I have focused upon different standards than what you possess, I do see now that there is a strength, integrity, and determination within your breast that I do admire. And can relate to, I feel, in some ways. So...I was hoping the shield might also function as a piece gift, if you will. A sign that I hope you shall remain hale and whole in the days to come."

7. Likes Forn Clakes, InvertedMonkey liked this post

She watches Coco unflinchingly as she explains why, no, something as plebeian as a shield would not possibly be suitable for the likes of her. Ok, so she doesn't actually say plebeian, but it still sounds implied. "It'll serve, in that capacity," she says, when the wasp mentions it as a 'temporary replacement.' It's hard not to think that the gift's temporarily utilitarian nature might reflect the apology that follows. Ramona can't help but think that a gift is going to mean more if it lasts longer. Benefit of the doubt, Ramona. Benefit of the doubt. Given how she's seen Coco treat her fellow Freeholders, it's a challenge to take the compliments as sincere. The wasp has a manipulative side, Ramona's seen it first-hand. "Alright. Apology accepted," she leans back in her chair, relaxing a touch. "Should we order some coffee and talk some more?" Or was the apology all the wasp had intended for the afternoon? Coco's got issues. Ramona's not too thrilled to be the one with the chance to talk to her about those issues, but if there is one she's not about the pass it up. Better an uncomfortable conversation than dealing with more of the wasp's stinging social bullshit.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Almost as if mirroring the Smith, the Wasp reclined back in her seat, though she seemed far more comfortable as she settled into position, her smile stretching yet wider.

"Yes! Let us talk! And order refreshments! They have some sort of wonderful caramel concoction that makes for a fabulous drink! Excellent with waffles. Though they also have many other things. Please, take a look and I'll flag down one of the serveurs for us. For myself, I think I'll be getting the amaretto brioche french toast. It's excellent for a sweet tooth, though I suppose you couldn't eat it often if you wanted to keep that tooth," Coco shared with a bright laugh.

"But please, don't let me sidetrack us with talk of food. Our mouths will be visited by such things soon, after all. So what would you like to speak about? Any interesting pieces that you're working on?"

A glint entered the Wasp's eyes. Certainly she had Ramona there. What artist didn't enjoy speaking about their work?

10. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post

You use a lot more words than you need to. Why is that? Is she nervous? Likes the sound of her own voice? Hmm. It's the middle of the afternoon, and while french toast sounds good, a full meal between lunch and dinner doesn't. Tempting as it all looks. When the server comes, Ramona just orders coffee. "Actually, I was hoping we could talk about you," Ramona answers firmly. The attempt to steer the conversation away from the wasp, into an area that is very much of interest to Ramona, had not gone unnoticed. The ogress is having none of it. "I don't like the way you've treated me. 'Needlessly rude,' you said. You've apologized. Good. But you've been needlessly rude to a lot of people, Coco." Her eyes narrow a bit. Just because the wasp has apologized for her slights against Ramona doesn't mean she'll forgive her for the slights she's done to others. "I don't claim to know you, or what's going on with you. All I have are my... observations. What I've observed is that you've got issues." Her eyes relax. "So let's not fuck around; what's up with you?" She even manages to make that sound concerned. Sort of. Half-concerned, at least.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The Wasp's smile remained alive, though it's shape changed, sliding into something opaque and vacuous.

"That's a difficult question to answer, even with the altitude you've identified for me."

The Wasp's fingers disentwined, unfurling to lay flat upon the table. Slowly, her fingers began to drum. It was difficult to distill the whirls and eddies which had swept through her, shifting and rearranging the sandbanks and currents of her psyche, yet, after a long moment of thought, old lines of thought retread, a chart had been made.

Coco's fingers stilled. Her smile disappeared.

"I suppose the simplest answer is that I've been unhappy. I've felt..." the Wasp trailed off, a sigh escaping her nose as she pondered the proper words to share.

"Injured," she finally decided upon. "I've felt mistreated, and I've had too many hopes crumble and fall through my fingers to allow room for much compassion for anyone else. And, at a certain point, the only thing that's made sense is to play up to people's expectations. But we both know how that's turned out."

A humorless grin appeared.

"So, what do you think you'll be having? Or will you be on your way?"

That whole reserved demeanor thing, from earlier? That hasn't exactly changed yet. Yes, Coco answered a bit of the 'where I stand with you' question, but there's more going on here. Ramona watches Coco steadily as the Wasp tries to articulate her feelings. Often a difficult thing to do. On my way? She asks herself. Perhaps Coco was just trying to flatter her earlier by praising her integrity and determination. How could she have either of those traits if she left now? "Coffee," she answers simply, refusing the siren song of fried dough and sugar. Another day, delicious treats, another day.

She pauses a moment, letting Coco's confessions have their appropriate gravity, time to sink in, and for the wasp to adapt to the fact that she's not just walking away. "Thank you for telling me that," she says finally. For not rejecting the idea that perfect Coco could have issues. For having that self-knowledge, and choosing to be vulnerable enough to share it. "Do you want to talk some more about it? Why you've been unhappy, or things that have happened..." How to fix things. I'm no therapist, god damn it. But what therapist can the Lost go to? All we have is each other.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread