Ended
Watch

Collection Hunting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

The day was hot.

But even if Sacramento wasn't LA, it was still California and not the northern portion.

So, water was wet.

And animals died year-round. And rocks didn't give two shits about the weather. Or anything. Due to the whole lack of a digestive system to generate shits most likely.

The thought made her grin to herself even as her eyes scanned the ground ahead of where she was wandering.

And, an unexpected plus side was that the heat was keeping most folks away. At least from the trail she was walking along the American River. She had passed a couple a while back letting their dog catch a swim in the shallows, but aside from them so far it was her and the park.

And so, despite the heat, her walk was fairly bouncy, making her skirts sway and the bag slung across her shoulder thump against her hip. She had already found a few small rocks of interest, but she was still hoping for something in the bone category.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Why … Why did it have to be so gosh darn hot. Why was his backpack so heavy. Why did he decide now was a good time to get on a health kick and WHY WAS IT SO HOT.

The reflection of his bright lime green sports top and shorts speeds coasts trundles across the surface of the river as panting he fights to keep the push bike moving forward along the trail.

Passing a couple and a very wet dog, he didn’t think he’d ever been more envious of any canine in his life.

Keep going … just breathe … small wheezy cough … and breathe.

The focus of the young woman bouncing along ahead seemed to be on the road ahead of her, ‘Ding-Ding – Ding-Ding’ hitting the handle bar bell twice to alert her he was going to try and come past.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

Normally, Philip loved the park. He`d found it a great way to unwind in the evenings after a long day in the office. After his forays into the Circle however, he had made it a point to get out more, and try new things. Why did it have to be so hot? If it wasn`t already hot enough in my stuffy, cramped apartment! But why did I have to go outside during the day?! What a horrible idea, and so unlike me....Perhaps I`d been curious to see something else, but the heat is making this borderline suicidal! Oh well, at least I came prepared with sunscreen, a cap and some water in my backpack. he scoffed.

As he was just about to end his short walk because of the heat, he noticed two figures he vaguely remembered having seen before, in the distance. They were the only people, besides himself, that he could see, in the park. One of them, a male on a bike, and the other, a female, seemingly content with herself, walking with a bag slung across her shoulder. Out of curiosity, he decided to do a light jog closer to her. He figured the guy would just continue on his bike, but he was content as he expected to continue watching him disappear into the distance.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

So much for it being empty of people out here ... Witch began to step to the side even before turning to gauge how much time she had before being run over by ...

She blinked and narrowed her eyes as the bicyclist approached, the hair a familiar mop of curls. Or rather it would be if not plastered to a skull with sweat. It was the new guy - Chambers.

And if he wasn't in robes, the electric color of his outfit was no less jarring. It was almost so distracting that she very nearly missed the sight of another approach. This one almost as much of an idiot as she realized he was jogging. Well, he was still a bit back while Chambers was getting closer with every moment.

And with that, realizing she had stopped her movement, she completed the last step out of the way, but then held stationary, waiting until he huffed and puffed and pedaled close enough to address.

"I questioned my intelligence being out here but at least I'm not working out ..." she chimed with a good-natured grin to take any sting out of her words.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Forward … keep moving ... forward. The bridge isn’t … all that far now.

Nearly pinging the bell again as the woman seemed to have stopped moving altogether, until she stepped aside.

It took him a moment to realise that she spoke to him as he drew close. Coming to a less than graceful stop a few feet past her he turns to look. … and realises he has met this person before.

‘Oh, hey there …’ Seems we have a genuine twist of fate on our hands. He pushes the sweat drenched hair back taking a moment to process the statement.

It gets a wheezy chuckle. ‘Oh, there’s no question for me, I have made choices I regret.’ Pause for breath. ‘My flawed reasoning being self-evident, what has you braving this eminent climate?’ and how does she look so unbothered by it?

Grabbing a sports bottle clipped to the frame to take a swig.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

As Philip closed the distance, he eventually fully recognised Witch and Chambers from the Circle. Pushing himself against the searing heat, he managed to barely make out their conversation. And as he did so, he chuckled inwardly at Chambers` mention of the word `fate`, being Acanthus, and Witch`s subtle jab at his and Chambers` workout. A few minutes later, he managed to get within speaking distance of the two. "What`s wrong with trying something new? I mean, I`m here often enough in the evenings. But this must be some coincidence for us to meet here of all places, at this time of day." With that, he smirked, as he took out one of his two 1 Liter water bottles from his backpack, and downed it in a few big gulps.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch patted her bag with a free hand, "Being caught nearly red handed, I can only confess fully to stealing." She grinned, and added in only slight clarification, "I am looking for things to add to collections."

Behind Chambers, the jogger clarified through the heat haze into the slightly more familiar form of Philip.

Pulling a dubious face, she eyed him and the sweat dripping from him, "Nothing ... but usually when people try something new, they try to do it in an environment that will encourage them to do it again. Or you know ... at least not kill them?"

Which was patently untrue. Everyone who came to enjoy sky diving had to do it a first time. But then again, she imagined they usually didn't do it in a storm the first time.

Tilting her head she considered the two men, "A bit. Then again - we do tend to be the type to find solitary locations?" For a second, she thought that maybe they had come together since they were both doing the physical exercise thing, but it seemed that it was indeed just coincidence.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

And low and behold here comes Philip looking in a considerably better state than himself, even jogging.
    His new colleague gets a grin in welcome. ‘So, is this one those, once you’ve met someone you start seeing them everywhere kind of deals?Now all we need is winter to paddle by in a canoe. The thought elicited another grin, and a wheeze.

Kill me? Nooo, the regret is a sign I need to do it more often.’ Another Grin, maybe exercise really does make you happier … as it defiantly does kill you.‘What about you.’ Gesturing at Philip. ‘Feeling any closer to the grave from your jog?

What’s the saying … trial by fire … in this case kind of literally. Although saying that, it was about this hot in India and the locals do a lot more in it.To much, to much information. Happier was over rated if it led to actual death or worse. Sobering thought.

Collections of what?’ Tactlessly changing subject.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"I was originally only planning a short walk, but I got curious when I saw someone else here. As far as the weather is concerned, I came prepared though. So, can`t say I`m any closer to meeting the other guy. You seem to get around, though. I assume you do actually have a car too, though? " Philip chuckled as he said that last part to Chambers, while remembering the conversation in the Circle where Chambers mentioned doing most things by bike. Though he wasn`t specific enough for Philip, as to owning a car. Surely he must have a car, right? And, interesting fellow to go to so many places. Not just on his bike: California, other parts of the US presumably, the UK, India and other places he hasn`t mentioned, too perhaps?

As Chambers changed the subject to Witch, Philip chimed in, affirming his curiosity. "Yeah, Witch, what type of collections do you keep? Seeing as you admitted to stealing and being caught `red-handed`, that is." he said grinning. thought mischeaviously. Apparently, he had caught Witch red-handed collecting something, so he was determined to find out what it was, doubling down on it, with Chambers.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch gave Chambers a once over and shook her head in slight disbelief. "If you say so..." she said with a slight chuckle in her voice. "India though? That's quite a trek away from here..."

Not looking the slightest bit abashed at the prodding questions, Witch thrust a hand into her bag and rummaged around for a second.

Withdrawing it, she held it out dramatically, fingers closed around whatever it was she had retrieved. Holding it closed for a moment, she made a great show of looking between Chambers and Philip before giving a short laugh and opening to reveal ... a rock.

And as if it was not beyond abundantly clear that that was what it was, she chimed with humor, "Rocks." And this time with a grin, she looked between the two, almost as if daring them to call her statement a bluff.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread