Three Months too Late...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2308) Did someone say prizes?
Aug 12, 2023 - Aug 29, 2023
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant's face lights up, a beaming smile as Twist will at least consider joining. It was further than he had thought she would go being busy as she must be.

"That is excellent, thank you, Hound Twist. Perhaps I could bore you with the details?" he asks, obviously relieved to have gotten this far. "I must admit, I have been concerned about this meeting for some time."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile to mirror Jayant's settled on Twist's face.

"Please do so, though I doubt it will be a bore" She tilted her head to the side slightly, giving Jayant a slightly surprised look. "Oh? Why so?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

"From the last time I spoke with Priscus O-Yama, the ideal of the Grim Hands was for like-minded warriors to come together and act as protectors to the domain, as well as bring individual prowess to the group and perhaps tolearn from each other as time wears on."

As Twist looked slightly surprised, he tries his best to look honest.

"Hound Twist, I have been in this domain for nine months and this is the first time we have had an actual conversation. If I may be so bold to say that you are no doubt as deadly as you appear beautiful, and intelligent as you are graceful. If I may add, you are one of the cornerstones of the city and respected as fitting for such high regard. I am nothing, which I say without any any pity or desire; a fact of the matter. To be able to hod a conversation with yourself, or the Harpy or even the Prince himself is an honour I try not to overdo."

Jayant halts for a moment to allow Twist to comprehend his words. Dark Mother, Jayant breaks so he himself can understand his own words. "This is why it has been a concern of mine. I did not wish to seem just another fool with ideas above his station."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What all would be required?" Twist liked the idea, but she knew that she was already stretched thin with her duties and personal life. Worry about slacking off in certain areas, currently her clan responsibilities, she really should look into getting a whip, already occupied her thoughts.

As he explained the reasoning behind his nerves, Twist ducked her head briefly, her eyes dropping at the compliments, before lifting them to settle upon him once more.

"You honor me with such praise," Twist said after he had finished, the smile on her face echoed in her voice. "I can understant now why you had such concerns, but I can assure you that in hindsight they were unnecessary."

Twist paused, collecting her thoughts, "It's true- you and I have not had much time to truly converse. But I do not think you a fool, and if they are willing to join your Grim Hands nor do many of the city's elite. You may be without a position in the city currently but you obviously have good sense about you," *unlike some I have seen*, "and I think that you can find that you can go far with this, even lacking titles. I am Invictus so I respect tradition and establishment, but I also recognize power, and the potential for it." Twist paused again, another smile ghosting across her face, "I will join your group baring that it interfers with any of my prior commitments. And if you continue to keep such a head about you, I have no doubt it will excel as will you."

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant bows his head to Twist to hide his own would-be blushes of embarassment.

"You flatter me, Hound Twist. As for what would be required, I will be totally honest with you and say I am unsure. I am simply trying to form another's ideal. I understand and support the fact that this group should in no way supercede the business of the domain and of office. In fact, I would say that this group should support it, ready to be called in the most dire of circumstances." He looks deep into Twist's eyes, unafraid and stoic.

"Circumstances like now."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods along with Jayant's assesment, seemingly approving of what he says.

She meets his gaze evenly, her dark eyes deep and it almost seems as if he can see them go hard. "Circumstances like now indeed," she repeats, her strong voice flat. "I will join and when the group is called upon, simply inform me. You have my personal contact information?"

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant stands, feeling the meeting is over.

"I do, Hound Twist. Once again, my personal thanks for seeing me and agreeing to join the Grim Hands. I shall show myself out. Good luck with the paperwork," he adds with a little smile, waiting a fraction longer just in case she has anything to add. If not, he leaves after a brief bow.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist stands as well dipping her head in brief farewell with a smile. "Thank you. Have a pleasant evening." Waiting until after Jayant left to sit, Twist let her mind dwell on the implications of the last few moments of their conversation before with a soft sigh turning back to paperwork.

So close it seemed and yet so far.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread