Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2307) The show must go on

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jul 2, 2023 : (2307)Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Ventrue made his way to the chess board on display. He sat on the side with black pieces, a silent gesture for the Prince to move first as she pleased.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage makes her way to the chess table, Cain at her side, following, never far.

Pulling out a chair, she removes the suit jacket, exposing bare shoulders and arms covered in ink. Draping the jacket over said chair, she sits, and as she does, the Hell Hound did as well, but in a way where he could still see the room and those within.

Seeing how he had chosen the black pieces; she makes a basic move. Nothing ground breaking by any stretch of the imagination.

failure
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was nice that the Lord did not have to wait long for the Prince to begin the match. It was an unusual opener and one he had to consider in countering.

"I imagine you have some degree of Pride in the outcome of the tournament."

failure

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes remain on the board, she knew her first move had been weak. But it was what it was.

“Not particularly, actually. Pride has never been an issue for me, there are things I excel greatly at, many things, and some I’m ok at. Chess is simply something I enjoy for the mental exercise it provides. Win or lose, I still get something from it.”

failure

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Still, Mister Dominguez's victory in two of the competitions is quite impressive," he commented as he watched the Prince's move.

The problem with studying popular chess moves is it seems to leave you unable to counter unorthodox openings.

failure

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “His victories have made our Clan proud, he performed well.” There was a hint of pride at that, considering what she had had to work with in the past for Cousins. “But I expect nothing less.”

2 successes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

So there was some pride after all. A corner of his lips pulled into a grin. "Truth be told I thought Mister Heinrich would have been quite the competitor in fencing. He doesn't strike me as the type to sign up for such a thing without the skill to back it. I wonder if whatever business pulled him from Sacramento became a more permanent situation..." he trailed off as he considered the next move.

2 successes

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Were they both not giving it there all? Or was it a more evenly matched then she thought?

Either way, it was quite entertaining to her, a smile touching her lips as he made his move.

An inked hand waved off what he said, “He’s already proved to be quite unreliable, and I could see him signing up for something hoping to bullshit his way through it.” Harsh? Maybe. But she was done with Edward and his attitude.

A single bare shoulder shrugged, “No idea, but I won’t so welcoming should be try to grace us with his presence again.” She can only be so forgiving.

1 success

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Back and forth and tit for tat- the Savage Prince continued to surprise him with the challenge of the game.

Nevertheless, his goal was for there not to be a second stalemate. "Forgive my dissenting opinion, but just as they say not to bring a knife to a gunfight I imagine it is just as common knowledge to not bring bullshit to a sword fight."

1 success

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A study of the board, this game wasn’t like their last, it didn’t seem like the scales were tipped one way or another. “Well, that depends on the knives you’re bringing.” Pausing, “And how skilled you are with said knives.” She could win a fight with either.

There was a soft chuckle, “Common knowledge to some, but not all.” Kind of like common sense, not everyone had it. “It was for the best they decided to not show up and grace someone else, in another Domain, with their presence.” Sarcasm? A bit.

failure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread