Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
A gathering

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

"Congratulations are in order, Whip." The man made a friendly smile to the Gangrel Whip. "I expect your fellows are glad to have another willing to step out of the shadows. It has been awhile since an Ordul of note was in town. There was Dirt Nap, who was the leader for a time. Then he named his student, the Mekhet Priscus, Quinn Durant. Yet nearly as soon as the letters that he was promoting her went out, there seemed to be some schism." A small smile. "Politics is so fun, is it not?"
    "Can I ask when you spent time in New York?" He inquired.

A glance to Helen.
    "I always wished to visit Las Vegas. I have travelled a bit. I have co - sanginous brother who I visited a few years ago in New York. Yet then I remained here for a bit. Do you like traveling?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Raul can post

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"Two dynasties. One Invictus one and the crone leadership was basically one mortal family. Some folks of those went into other covenants, but they did that not using their real name because, yeah, with folks that dont like your family in town, you might not want to rub it under their noses too much." She frowns and shrugs. "Nothing, no. But then, that seems to be the rule, not the exception in places.

Hm, Vegas is overrated. It's a tourist trap and a lot of the things in town are about the bottomline or keeping things to interfere with it too much. Also federal oversight and a lot of cameras in the tourist places. But if you think it's worth the trip, why not ?

Depends, I don't mind well prepared trips when I know where I'll end up and how long the whole thing will likely take. I'm a bit too old and cushy for the whole 'get outside and see where that'll lead you' experience. Also, I've lived in tents enough for three average people, so there's thst."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Curious. I have never heard of a Crone power group called a Dynasty.

There was dual membership? Well, that's sexy. I know that I have seen that a handful of times. Although I saw someone's herd and mortal influence be butchered over those choices quite often."

A shake of the head.
    "I don't travel much, now. Unless I have allies to help smooth the way."

Presence
    (Alert)
    Raul

PRE

Raúl smiles slightly back to Mr. Hoyle, giving a nod of thanks to the congratulations. "I expect they are as well. A number of us tend to spend our Requiems sequestered, only heading out for a bite to eat now and again," he says with a small chuckle. "I'm not that much of a recluse myself." He nods as he listens to the local history that this Lord knows, or at least what he's sharing and nods. "I had heard rumors of such. That is partially why I came to town, to investigate those rumors."

He nods. "Hmm.. Save for the last 3 or so years, most of my time has been spent in New York."
    Aspect of the Predator ​● BP 2

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"My words, really. Family's too loose and there's too many gaps. Dynasty fit best." She scratches her head. "No idea, I took it these folks switched covenants, but I don't know enough for a definite answer. I mean, the Sanctified let members of other covenants attend their masses. Maybe those Circle folks did the same, not that I would be able to say." Helen shrugs. She's never been interested in that Heathen stuff and still isn't. "In my experience, double membership only works as long as those two groups are in each others good graces and you're not trying to climb. Anything else, things get ugly fast."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Ah, yes." He nods to Raúl. "Something can be said for dedication to one's craft. You and I have something in common, then."

"Right."
    He nods to Helen.
    "I agree with you there. I don't think some of the people I know of in the prominent Covenants would welcome people moving between two camps. The relations between individuals has been pretty stable of late.
    Although, if you don't mind - have there been any feuds going on?

Or something brewing between Kindred?
    I am working on a working theory of high and low fluctuations causing dissent if there is not enough diversion.
    "

"What do you think of the locale?"
    He indicated the building with his hands.
    "I was thinking of hosting a class in a bit. Sharing knowledge is important."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Even if they did, numbers wouldn't support it." Helen shakes her head. "None I'd call that. Least I'm aware of none. There's been a few scuffles, but that's minor stuff, I think. Nothing serious enough to call a feud." She taps her chin in thought. "How's that theory work ?" Shortly looking around the building as Hoyle asks about it. "Unusual, but not too shabby. What sort of class were you thinking ?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"True. We do seem to be on the downswing of our population.

Hm. I haven't really heard anything interesting. I do wish that I knew what happened between the former Mekhet Priscus and the Dragon, Dirt Nap.
    I suppose that would be the most interesting dynamics.

Except the punishment for Kowalsic was fairly awful.

Who was involved in the scuffle?
    I believe that the beast is sated when it ravishes someone, socially. If one is prideful. Some have other vices, and completely uninterested in politics."

10. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"This was a pleasant coversation. Thank you for joining me, Reeve Kingsley and Whip Dominguez. Do keep an eye out for another invitation. I will likely organize a class in two or three months.
    I was thinking a class on investigation techniques or a class about the history of Sacramento. I will poll to see which one would attract more people. Have a good evening."

12. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread