Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

His brow furrows in annoyance, "So let me get this straight. You've been telling us you want us to be quick. But now you've changed idea and expect us to go back into our car and grab our equipment? I'll tell you what's going to happen enxt. I'm not going to waste my day, I'll just call a squad of technicians and be done with it. They'll report to the department that they need more time and your apartment is declared unusable for a couple of days. Hope you have friends with comfortable couches"
    Funnily enough, the inefficiencies of governments could be useful sometimes.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Behind her she heard the man and Winter talking. The man's tone fully dubious, Winter's taking on an edge.

Escalation. Well. It wasn't like she was surprised.

Pivoting she abandoned the next room. She didn't give two shits about the other shit in this apartment. And no, she was not going to follow that chain of thought farther.

Stepping quickly toward the door that had closed, that had the sound of electronics, that she was fairly sure was their goal she reached to the handle and moved to open the door.

She knew that this would not go over well with the filthy cultist, but she was hoping Winter had something up his sleeve to handle him. She knew she didn't and so she was going for what she hopefully could do.

The computer and it's abyssal resident.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah, okay. Call them." The man's skepticism was in full blossom. "If you're even really technicians at all?"

His eyes show his agitation, which turns to apparent concern as he notices Witch opening the door. Though closed it wasn't locked, and Witch is able to open it without any physical resistance. The same putrid smells emanate from the room, and she sees a bedroom full of more cheap ikea furniture. A bed, nightstand, dresser and desk are spread across the room with a closet to Witch's right. The desk has a large computer whose fans are clearly working in overdrive. It also immediately registers as an imbued item under Witch's supernal vision. Of course it's surrounded by the same rubbish that litters the rest of the apartment, and the man from the car outside is standing in front of the computer looking at her.

"Door was closed for a reason."

Though emaciated and tired looking, his voice sounds far more firm and sure than his companion.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

His reply is cut short by Witch. Quickly he finds himself animated by his instinct as his legs propel him to the next room, right by the computer and his partner.
    "Looks like we found the origin of the short circuit", he says.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch shrugged, unable to resist looking to the imbued computer.

Jackpot

And then looking back to the man, "And I opened it for a reason." Not the wittiest comeback, but she wasn't looking for a job as a comedian. Winter's voice came from next to her and her only response was a nod.

Well ... and then a smile for the second man.

Reaching back she pulled the door closed. "But there - I've closed it again for you."

Would an apartment door do anything to stop the emaciated cultist from joining? Unlikely, but didn't mean it couldn't.

And then stepping forward and to the side she began to approach the mancomputer even as she put space between herself and Winter.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Though elaborate puns and quips might not be the table, the mages were just good enough at talking and just fast enough at running to nab the hard drive before the drained drones caught them.

They brought the computer to Cookie and cracked it open. The summoning spell was still intact, including the runes used to extend it's duration. Ending the summoning was as easy as defacing the runes, freeing the computer for further investigation. Email lists of current and former victims are available after some investigation and Cookie makes sure that the mages back home knew that Witch and Winter had helped them clean up the mess they had started. In return for their service, assistance is sent to help deal with the fallout and breaches in Sacramento. Memories and computers are wiped, the initial computer the creature was summoned into was destroyed for good measure, and Witch and Winter were profusely thanked for their service to their concilium and the preservation of the Veil.

Sorry for the abrupt closure, but as you probably noticed I don't have the ability to post any more. I do hope you enjoyed your time with me at the helm and I look forward to reading your awesome stories moving forward!
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

7. Likes liked this post
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread