Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2306) Event: Unarmed Combat Match 1

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 31, 2023 : (2306) Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

It's not like Helen can see the takedown attempt coming from a mile away, she's way too focused on getting the thingy back. However, she does notice Jennifer trying to leverage her into a position to send her to the mat and instinctively shifts her weight and center of mass just enough to stay on her feet. However, instead of her own thingy, sh goes for Jennifer's, pulling her in until the arm is fully taut just long enough...

1 success

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

An interesting situation, Jennifer thought as her key was pried from her hand. Helen's key was discarded on the floor. Jennifer was now unable to score a point with a take - down.
    Will I have better chance at manuevering when I do not have to hold and keep track of my own key?
    Jennifer ignored the key on the ground and moved to immobolize Helen.

1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer discarding her thingy is a good thing as well as a bad one. One, she doesn#t have to deal with that thing, two, Without it, flooring her should win the round. Still, it's about getting there and on that, the plan's still hazy. Helen finds herself in a pretty tight hold sooner than she likes. The first attempt to get out of it doesn't really trn out to be that great. For the moment, she's pretty much immobile. But then, no telling yet where Jennifer might want to take this...

failure

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer expended effort to hold Helen for a moment. Jennifer's mind was churning, searching for a strategy.
    Curious. Jennifer considered as she remained with Helen’s arm cinched in a hold.
    How long could I hold this? Helen is far more experienced than I am. The longer I remain here, the higher the chance that she sees an opening. Helen has a key. Both of us struggling for the same key could put the two of us in another deadlock in a moment. Yet if I have a key, then Helen must disarm me before she takes me to the ground. Should I take her key? Or will we be exchanging the same key for another round?
    Jennifer debated for a moment. She would not be able to take her key until the next round. Yet Helen would be without a key as well.

Jennifer lunged for the key that she had knocked out of Helen's hand.
    1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

In hindsight, Helen should probably have kicked in Jennifer's ribs. Buuut, that train's way out of the station now, so as Jennifer makes her move to the key ?

Oh no, you don't !

Helen goes in to reengage.

1 success

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

As Jennifer's hand closes on the key, she finds Helen forcing her body into a hold that she did not want to be in. After a few moments of struggling out of Helen's overpowering manuever, Jennifer lashed out. She gripped Helen's key and disarmed Helen.
    2 successes

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer held the hold for a beat. Another beat. Jennifer debated the next step as she tried to keep flexible on what manuever Helen would execute next. Jennifer decided to start with attempting take downs more often. It could backfire in that forcing a disengage could give Helen the upper hand when the Kindred who had more experience took advantage of Jennifer's inexperience. Yet it might be the only advantage that Jennifer had.
    Would it work? I may have to change strategies and give up points when Helen disarms me once again. Yet, I don't see anything changing in the match if I do not change my technique.

Jennifer attempted a take - down that would result in taking Helen and herself prone. Yet Jennifer cannot take Helen down.

failure

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen twists out of the takedown attempt and uses a palm stike to the breastbone to force Jennifer to back away a few inches, giving her the space to try and get a better grip at her opponent. However, she fails to secure a reliable hold that'd allow her to regain initiative.

failure

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer made a grimace as she failed to manuever Helen to the ground. The struggle between the two Kindred continued as Jennifer evaded one of Helen's holds. Yet as Jennifer grasped Helen's shoulder to flip Helen to the floor, Jennifer's fingers slipped. No purchase could be made.

"Feels like we might be here awhile."

failure

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Got something better to do ?"

Helen grabs Jennifers slipping hand and pulls her in closer again, starting to slowly bend the arm into a direction it isn't built to bend. Mostly to force Jennifer along and create an opening for the next move.

3 successes

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread