A new Shadow...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al sighed. That was going to be a strenuous conversation, if this continued.

"It seems we're at a diversion of opinions here, aren't we?"

He tented his hands, wishing for a moment, he had someone here to help him, but then he realised it was a test of his abilities at his new post.

"Since we won't be getting anywhere I'll clarify some things for you and hope it'll help you trust me a bit more. I'm not your enemy here, I'm not Invictus and I don't have as many prejudices as it may seem I have."

While sorting some papers he continued.

"I am doing this out of concern, though it admittedly isn't extreme. You're family and I'm Priscus here. Taking a certain measure of care is my duty to you and the family, you see?"

"That is why I need to know your skill set, your ambitions and the skill with our gifts: to help you find your niche in this domain and if you wish to to help with developing your skills and gifts. Your name and background is for getting to know you, as we sometimes will have family meetings, but more of that later..."

"I'd appreciate it, if we could treat this matter with the seriousness it deserves."

Presence
    (flirtatious)
    Striking Looks
    (decadent)
    Distinctive Voice
    (velvety)
    Social Chameleon
    (party animal)
    Marilyn

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Marilyn furrowed her brow, caught off guard by the unexpected rebuke. The corners of her lips twitched into a faint smile, an empathetic response, as she pondered Albert's words and the manner in which he had delivered them.

"I can sense some tension, Priscus... I hope you are not frustrated," she murmured, her voice soft and contemplative. She absently adjusted her leather skirt, attempting to conceal the glimpse of fishnet and bare thighs beneath.

"I have no intention of wasting your time. I swear," she assured him, hoping to put any apprehensions to rest. Perhaps it was time to delve deeper into the matter, to explore the intricate tapestry of assumptions that Albert seemed to hold regarding kindred.

" Marilyn is my name, any other name I might give you won’t matter as much as this one…" she revealed, hopeful that this revelation might dissolve any lingering animosity between them.

" I have no ambitions aside from subsistence and staying out of everyone’s hair – I know it might be strange for you but… that’s how things have been for me." she disclosed, her tone tinged with an air of peculiarity. Curiously, Albert seemed to possess an entirely different perspective on what a Requiem should be.

"As for skills..." There is a brief pause, maybe fake embarrassment, maybe genuine discomfort, who could tell the difference?

"I am not a doctor, as you are well aware by now..." she teased, finally allowing a hint of levity to infiltrate the tense conversation.

“Skills, accolades, doctorates, bachelors, and gifts are not really my thing.” Would Albert blame her for being mediocre?

"Look, if anyone requires assistance, I offer my aid in whatever way I can. It is as simple as that," she declared as if giving up. Why complicate matters further?

"I merely find a way... It has been the story of my life, and my Requiem." she confessed, a tinge of vulnerability permeating her words. What could a stray dog say of its skills, aspirations, and gifts when it possessed none? Perhaps merely the fact that, against all odds, it had managed to endure and survive. Maybe, just maybe, that would be enough.

OOC: Let me know if you want to roll some dice for social combat.
    Vitae: | Willpower: | Health:

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al smiled faintly. He didn't know whether she was not answering the questions on purpose or not. But that wasn't important at this point. They would get to know her better in time...

"Mildly. You can't know it, but we've agreed not to play games with family. Now you do know, though."

He nodded upon her saying she didn't really have ambitions. It was surprising, sure, but people like that existed.

"I see... Perhaps it would be better to give you the time to get to know us a bit better and to acclimatise, before asking you for trust..."

Upon listening he seemed surprised when she mentioned being willing to help in any way she could yet didn't want to disclose how exactly she could be useful.

"So you have nothing you're really good in, but are willing to do almost anything. You say you will help in any way you can yet refuse to say how exactly you are able to help... Bit of countering your own point, isn't it?"

"But enough of that... for now. Do you have any questions?"

Presence
    (flirtatious)
    Striking Looks
    (decadent)
    Distinctive Voice
    (velvety)
    Social Chameleon
    (party animal)
    Marilyn

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Marilyn felt a surge of contempt. This particular quandary and display of bigotry vexed her deeply, such incapability for introspection and self-critique. Marilyn herself harbored a profound awareness of her own deficiencies and inadequacies.

Yet, here she stood, grappling with the enigma of their agreement to eschew familial games and backstabbing. What did this agreement truly entail? Did it imply that she, despite his manifest incompetence in navigating social interactions, could not advocate for his replacement and lobby behind his back? Or was it because of the barrage of intrusive inquiries he directed towards her, demands prone to endangering her safety and subjecting her to a position of inferiority, all while neglecting to introduce himself or establish common ground?

And to top it all off, he expressed astonishment when she elected not to divulge anything about herself. Could someone, elucidate the notion that trust operates as a reciprocal exchange?

Engaged in this labyrinthine soliloquy, Marilyn found herself momentarily speechless, her voice muffled. Eventually, she mustered the strength to respond to Albert's query.

"Umm, so, am I acknowledged, then?"

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

"Almost. There is just one part missing... and a half, so to speak."

Again he wrote something down, before continuing.

"The one mandatory part is an oath of loyalty to the Prince. After that you will be acknowledged. Though there is something else to do, though when exactly is up to you."

Putting the note away, he opened another folder, before looking at her.

"As you are part of the family, I owe it to you to try and answer any questions you have."

He should probably have mentioned that sooner, but there were quite a few things on his mind.

Presence
    (flirtatious)
    Striking Looks
    (decadent)
    Distinctive Voice
    (velvety)
    Social Chameleon
    (party animal)
    Marilyn

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

An oath of loyalty to an unknown and invisible Prince, was this the rope that would eventually be used to tie the knot that would make her hang for treason?

She knew Invictus were famous for their oaths and they took those seriously. It was also obvious she wouldn’t be able to dodge this particular requirement if she wanted to be accepted as part of this domain.

The shackles or the midnight road?

“I swear my loyalty to the Prince of Sacramento.” Marilyn stated in a heavy voice while her eyes met Albert’s, it was clear she knew the weight and implications of the statement.

As the Priscus put the note away she continued. “Thank you, I think for now I’ll focus on setting up.” She made a motion to stand up signaling her intention to finish their conversation.

“You are also welcome to ask me for help in case you need something, as you said, we are family.”

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Well, that has been... suboptimal. Really weren't at your best, were you, old man?

Al listened and nodded.He took a new piece of paper and wrote a list, before putting said list in an envelope and handed it to the newest member of the family.

"You might want to have this."

Watching her rise he tented his hands.

"You're welcome. Consider yourself acknowledged. Mandatory Court is every three months and when we have a family meeting you will be notified. You also need to know that we are in an alliance with the Nosferatu. They are good and valuable allies and I ask you to treat them consequentially. I bid you a good night and be the Gods with you."

List

OOC

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (flirtatious)
    Striking Looks
    (decadent)
    Distinctive Voice
    (velvety)
    Social Chameleon
    (party animal)
    Marilyn

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Marilyn aptly received the envelope extended by Albert, her delicate fingers embracing its edges. With a swift yet deliberate motion, she sealed it before him, as if solidifying their unspoken agreement regarding the Masquerade and the contents within the missive.

"I’ll keep these to myself" she proclaimed softly.

As Albert bid his farewell, she inclined her head ever so slightly and uttered in a murmur,

"I’ll keep the Nosferatu in mind," her mind perplexed, attempting to decipher the nature of this mysterious alliance. What could bind two families of kindred together? Across covenants? What purpose lay concealed within their association? A plethora of unanswered questions lingered in the air, destined to be explored on a different eve.

And with those thoughts in her mind the lecherous Mekhet left the company of Albert, feeling a bit less burdened now that she was officially recognized by the powers that be in her new city - free to hunt, plot and debase.

OOC: Thank you for the scene

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al looked after his newest charge, as she left the building. Perhaps the next meeting would be better. Only time would tell...

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread