Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

And then everyone is talking-doing-planning. It's good-interesting-yes-to-see. She was Summer-green. What they were saying was new-bright. She wished she had a yellow pad and a pen. She should start carrying one. Or two. Since it was two individual things. "No one I know is dead-gone....Gerrit-king's alive-healed." she says, then to Kane-knight and to chivalrous-Gawain, "The Rust almost got him. It was bad-worse. Almost dead-and-gone. But. hmm." she hums, glad that her friend? was still alive. Even if he never called-talked.

"Aaand there's always-almost a Patrol going out to clear around the Funderland 'Gate, so. If we wanted to go hunting for something it would have to be deeper-hedge then the Patrollers...uh, patrol." nodding to Circe-queen's river-Jaws suggestion, R'lyeh didn't think she'd heard of anyone heading to the rivers to fish-cull-patrol.

Wait. "Very thank you for the training opportunity-yes. I've been looking forward to it!" she says, making sure Kane-knight knows. She didn't want him not to know.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

2. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The only folks that are dead lately," she adds in, "I'd raise a glass ta their death. Fanculo fetch maker. Oh ho ho ho! That was a pita of a boss fight."

"That," she points at R'Lyeh when she suggests a safari, "Is exactly right. It'd be a proper safari instead of a patrol ta hunt. Unless ya want ta go East with spears and hunt a mundy boar." After a momentary pause she says, "I will take a shotgun if we do that."

Circe agrees with R'Lyeh more, "Training. Mess up in safety so ya don't when in danger."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

"So maybe skip the Midsummer's Yield." He shrugs and looks down at his food, taking another bite of potato. "I only have people from before Sacramento and it sounds like there isn't much to eulogize here."

Which, probably for the best.

"If we want to do a Feast of Strength let's not do overlapping events at the coronation. Maybe something light and fun for the coronation like beer pong? Then we can do the fight club and more hardcore stuff for those interested at the Feast of Strength. That way we're not beating some helpless Wizened who just showed up because they were expected to."

Not that Kane would mind? But the butler-looking dude probably would.

"Also," His attention shifts to Circe. "Which river is this? Because I setup my hallow by a river and it's been fairly quiet. At least as much as the Hedge can be."

Mention of Gerritt gets an ambivalent shrug. The guy seemed like a tool to Kane. Who almost dies in front of their friend and then sees them only to decide brunch is more important? Not touching that one. At least not out loud. And then Rlyeh talks patrolling and other things and he can't help but beam like his halo once again.

"I'd love to join these patrols when I can. Always happy to help my fellow freeholders. Especially with private lessons."

Who doesn't like getting to know each other's personal preference for murder? It's such a summer activity.

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

"Well! So few casualties that no one is in need of remembrance? Regular patrols keeping the immediate area free of threats to our wellbeing? I daresay we've picked a fine Freehold to settle down in. I don't think places twice the size are half as well off."

"If we're centering the Coronation around competition, we could probably focus on more bar games. Billiards, darts, air hockey, maybe rent a mechanical bull. We seem to have the space here. We provide a few libations and games that pair well with libations. Then we can save the more physically demanding challenges for the Feast of Strength. Maybe try to play to our strong suits, show any spectators just why the Summer Court exists."
    Darkling Palewraith, Summer Mantle 1 (Increased humidity)
    Striking Looks 2 (Gothic Chic)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Skip," she nods in agreement with the Midsummer Yield's cancellation. Only thing she had to mourn was her spent ammo.

"Physical combat ain't the other Courts' schtick," she agrees given her past Cornation experience. Well, failures really. "Save fer that cupcake fight. That they liked. But, uh," she laughs, "That is a huge stretch ta the Feast of Strength." She then points to Gawain with a cheer, "Yes. Alcohol included contests were popular in the past. Most martial thing that was pupular was," she shrugs and snacks, "Bee bee gun range. Coronations are, uh, best be different from the Feast. Agreed. Non-brawling contests with alcohol handicaps optional."

Her past coronations had often been Just Circe and mostly had been a case of, celebrate MY WAY, not the Summer way. Trying for more Summer themed had, well, not worked. Best to stick to the functional formula.

As for the spectator stuff, Circe had to admit something. "Spectating has its advantages, but if I participate I will admit ta being a gunslinger right here and now." She looks between the three other Summers, "I guarantee ya all have at least a better than average chance of beating me in boxing or practice melee. Oooh," Circe brightens up with a smile, "Quick spin. Plate armor. That'd help me last longer."

Which river? Well, it had been, hmm? Circe taps her chin in thought, ears going down as she thinks. "Probably parallel ta a bank of the Sacramento River?" She shrugs, "Hedge locations aren't static. The crab-lobsters lairs are full of, uh, stilts? No, silt. Mud. Muck. Stinks of low tide," that was what she recalled, "Rotten piers. The siltier shorelines are their domain." That is what she recalls at any rate. "Probably can't climb worth a damn," given their shapes and size. Though given height, might not need to. "Though, I've found other waters on patrol that was around that'd be opposite the Sacramento River, yet did not conform. Hedge," Circe scoffs. She couldn't give Kane a great answer. "Might be a mobile feature. The crabby hobs may move with the muck when the river flows," that'd make more sense to her. Low tide wasn't constantly in one spot after all. Another trip would be needed to confirm that. Or the Goblin Market's information broker.

"Either way, water attracts beastial hobs," Circe warns Kane. "Ya will want wards ta defend yer Hollow."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

7. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Skipping. She'd miss out on experiencing-doing this Summer event but glad they get to skip. No death and dying. Only Strength and joy.

Good. Yes. Good.

Grinning up at Circe-queen at the mention of cupcake fights, "Ram's food fight was fun. I still have my cupcake shirt." she offers with a bittersweet cheer. Her first Solstice and Coronation within Sacramento, and she found herself to Summer. But. It had been months-a-year or more since she thought of the Summer Ram and how he'd given her a shirt and shorts, for free-and-keeps!

....maybe there was some one she could mourn for the Yield. She didn't know if Ram was gone or dead-and-gone. It was disquieting, now. The realization. Not Knowing. "...and not everyone participated last time." thinking back, counting on her fingers, "I think me included-was-four-five people. So casual-Coronation-competitions is good-yes-aiming for."

Nodding after chivalrous-Gawain speaks, "Like our very own Summer Olympic Games!" that would be interesting-fun-yes! I am very light on my feet! And I can be very still,"[/color] which was more of the obvious traits she could show off without much preparation. "I am not yet - " a look to Kane-knight, " - formally trained in anything like Circe-queen is with her firearms. And - " but trails off when Circe begins on the river and the dangers.

If she ever wanted to carve out her own Hollow, she might have to do a survey of those in the Freehold who had them, or would admit to her to having them to see what's what and where would be best.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

9. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

"Agreed."

It was his happy one word answer to Gawain because, well, agreeing with everything that was said.

"Cupcake fight sounds fun, though I'm not sure if you guys really want to do something you already did. Bar games sound like the best alternative."

Dart boards were easy find, even plastic throwing axes and air hockey tables weren't too expensive. Also beer. Beer is good. And cheap. Totally not revealing Kane's age that he suggested beer pong instead of actual adult games some of the other ideas either. Best let that one die in silence.

"Optional games might be best games. Have them there if people want something to do together but no formal competition until the Feast of Strength?"
    As Rlyeh mentions the Olympics he smiles, clearly animated by her obvious excitement. "Exactly like our own Olympics. Don't worry about the training, we'll get you there."

Teamwork makes the dream work. Oh god, did he really just think that?

"Definitely warding then." Probably. eventually. Unless this turned into one of those things he wants to do and forgets until there's giant crab monsters trying to eat him while he's using the out house. How's that for a dignified way to go?

"So I'm thinking boxing and some kind of marksmanship for the Feast of Strength? Maybe bee bee guns if someone can afford to provide them? Is there any event you guys would like to have in addition to that?"

11. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe gives a sad smile and nod as Ram is brought up. Good Summer, but away he went. Circe had gotten used to it. At least R'Lyeh still got to enjoy the t-shirt. But on the plus side, she snacks and drinks, it looks like there was no need for a tie breaker vote or trial by combat.

"Indeed," her smile turns happier as R'Lyeh confirms the participation statistics. Can't argue with numbers. "Eating contest was like, 3, with me. Lets totes go the optional games. And made it impossible ta do stuff after. Without puking." She nods with a sigh, admitting her poor choice of event.

"Shouldn't be hard ta acquire the bar games. Come cheap easily enough," which was good as such things would be forgotten later. Or go to the Summer Hollow. Or Funderland. Point was, why waste money? They'd use them, maybe have them again for later, maybe not. Same principle is trading hockey pads to the hobs. It is cheap.

"Summer Olympics? Oh ho ho ho!" She throws her head back and points to R'Lyeh, "I like it! Good advertisement ta get the other courts inta the Feast of Strength, oh ho ho ho! And yes Kane. We'll figure out training later. Maybe ask the other courts' knights about bashing us, erm, training."

"Oh yeah," she nods her head in thought. "I got bee bee guns. Think some gloves too," she assure Kane, "Hafta check storage. Well, multiple storage rooms, legal stuff easy ta just storage. Had those way back when I wasn't Queen, but I'll find it. Could also do that pillar staff fighting thing that used ta be on TV a while back," was a thought that could be fun. The landing zone though? Big mats like that were expensive, but another option? "Ha! Cheap set up, put the pillars up in a mudhole fer extra incentive ta fight well."

Not that she'd take to the staff fighting. She'd seen Sonja Wu with a double whacking stick. It'd probably guarantee the Spring Clavinger's participation though. So, at least one non-Summer might get involved.

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

Gawain was pleased to find his idea had struck a chord with his fellow Courtmates. It seemed he'd hatched upon a winning idea for how to distinguish the yearly coronation from the upcoming competition.

"My preferred bit of combat is with a sword in one hand and shield in the other. But I will admit it's as much an image thing as anything else. I also don't know any games that would cater to my field of expertise, even proposing a duel usually precludes a shield. So boxing, marksmanship, and pillar top fighting seem like a sound way to show off multiple forms of fighting. And who excels where." None of which would be him, it seemed. Circe seemed to confident in her skill with firearms and Kane's preferred fighting style may or may not come up in the ring, depending on what all was allowed. To say nothing of the various other members of the Freehold and what they might be hiding up their sleeves.
    Darkling Palewraith, Summer Mantle 1 (Increased humidity)
    Striking Looks 2 (Gothic Chic)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

ooc: 6 days 2 go. Sorry for not doing the weekly notice, too much party yesterday

15. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread