Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Funderland's High Striker is an indoor venue built within a large metal building. It currently features semi mobile bunkers to allow the "arena" to be rearranged at random. These bunkers come in plywood, for greater realism, and inflatable barriers to mix up the lay out quickly. It is surprisingly cleared out of most of these in one area, near the only unlocked entrance.

A set of folding tables and rolling office chairs have been placed about 50 feet from said entrance. There are waters, cola, fried chicken, mozzarella sticks, potato wedges, fruits, plates, Styrofoam cups, and a coffee carafe on the table's side nearest the door. There are also 4 smaller tables set up, easy to move and easy to leave food upon. Circe was prepared and had made plentiful usage of a few air fryers at Funderland.

The Summer's Queen own table does have coffee, she is Circe, on her side of the table. And she is drinking without concern for spills. Circe is currently rocking a rather tight piece of armor that is bulked a little on the torso. The kevlar vest with sneaky black skin suit, AKA the Summer techno ninja armor. Well, the prototype at any rate, she hadn't made another finished product.

Now if the other Summers would come, they could spear some ideas to pin down how to run Summer Coronation and other events too maybe. That was a bad pun. She wondered who'd show first? R'Lyeh , Kane , or Gawain
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

It's R'lyeh!

With the promise of food and drink and the promise to not be alone she's ready to hop to it! With eager steps she makes her way to the High Striker, wearing some camo cargo pants she'd gotten for cheap, (only $5 since they had a tear in the seat, but she sewed it up right quick! It wasn't a good looking patch job but it worked. ) and another faded band tee. It had some holes in it, but R'lyeh didn't want to sew those up, it would look all puckery and weird, and well. She'd used her spare fabric for the pants and didn't have anymore for the shirt. But it was okay! She'd seen some others with holey shirts, and it was fashion, so R'lyeh figured she was good to keep wearing it.

"Circe-queen!" she greeted the Crimson Queen, "Those are your boobs." she says stating the obvious, "Is that just your boobs? Or is there sneaky armour? Is this what you want the ninja armour to look like when it's on? I don't have boobs like that I can't pull that off."

then a beat, "Wait. Am I supposed to kneel?"
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

4. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

Shortly behind the dripping Blightbent was the cybernetic saint.

Kane entered in his Captain America T shirt and jeans again. Tan combat boots completed the summer look as he entered the unlocked entrance. The plates that replaced his skin were tanner then at the coronation. His hair seemed to be sun bleached ever so lightly, showing a more artificial thread-like quality to his almost normal-if-light looking hair. Eyes take a second to take in the size of the place and everything Circe had set out.

"I love food."
    He says, rather focused on that as he approached. He grabs a plate and starts grabbing mozzarella sticks, chicken, and potato awesomeness before he looks over to the two ladies smiling. "Thanks for everyth-"

It's then that his eyes move from Circe's eyes....down. To Circe's...ahem... upgrades. His mouth is agape as his mind wraps itself around the skin tight outfit the Summer is wearing. His gaze lingers, his body still as his mouth began to move. Clearly intending to say something, it moved in a silent repeating pattern for a few seconds before the programming caught up and words began to follow.

"I don't have the bust for that so please don't ask." He finally breaks his eyes away to be able to grab a bottle of water and take a seat. "I mean hello! How is everyone?"

The manikin speaks to the Summers, though his eyes remain fixated on his plate as he takes a bite out of a mozzarella stick.

6. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An excellent response from her Summers. They seemed to like the Summer ninja skinsuit model. Probably.

"This is the ninja armor," Circe laughs as R'Lyeh arrives and states the obvious. "Not stop a knife as well as that," she points under the table which has her old Hedgespun armor below it, "But better fer bullets, sneaking," she winks as she hugs her chest, "And distraction."

Plus she could bullshit this away as kinky times. Well, the bone armor could too, but skin suits were easier. The bust part was funny from both, but Circe is thrown off when R'Lyeh offers to kneel. Really? This wasn't a formal event, plus with what--wait. Circe smiles widely as idea occurs.

"Oh ho ho ho! R'lyeh?" Circe is laughing, "Do ya really want ta kneel before someone in skin tight polymers and offer service?" Her left eyebrow and ear raise up, "Summer. Not Spring. We be Summer. No need ta kneel ta a friend either." She gets up, now that she isn't alone, to get her own food. "Guess I'm busted on the armor," Circe jests, "Though the good set would'a been a riot ta lounge in, oh ho ho ho! Actually it'd have been uncomfortable."

Circe could probably have kneeled down instead of bent over to fill a plate. Bending was faster. And most likely distracting. "Plus I didn't make the riot, I did make this and that," bites chicken as she points a foot towards the under table armor, "Bonely armor. This looks better I think, right? Didn't even need ta bulk up the aramid ta still stop a niner."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

Gawain ended up being late, or at least the last of the expected guests to arrive. He sauntered in casually enough, closing his umbrella and depositing it by the door, before joining the others around the vittles. He was dressed casually, merely dark black jeans and a monochrome paisley button-up longsleeve.

"Ah. It would appear that I am bringing up the tail of our little circle. Queen Circe. Kane. And... Riley, I think? My apologies should my absence have been stifling any planning."

He and Circe seemed to agree on one thing: coffee was a necessity. Before any food should be consumed, he grabbed himself a Styrofoam cup and poured himself a warming cup of joe. ...Of course, it was about this time he clocked what Circe was wearing and right as she was bending down to make herself a plate of food. He only realized he was staring when he felt hot coffee pour over his cup and across his hand. He let out an inelegant yelp of pain and the rest of his drink soon joined the overflow on the flow as he dropped his cup out of reflex. He dabbed at his hand with a nearby paper towel, which had clouded up to a more opaque hue and glowed with an angry orange light from vein within. Like a crystal ball.

"I mean, I do like the look of some good ol' fashioned plate mail. But that is much easier to cover up. Still probably more acceptable in public. You sure that thing can stop a bullet though?" Presuming that was what a niner was. Heavens know what an aramid even was.
    Darkling Palewraith, Summer Mantle 1 (Increased humidity)
    Striking Looks 2 (Gothic Chic)

9. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

R'lyeh hums, at the admission, she really didn't remember the ninja armour being so. Boobie. But Circe-queen did make it, and was apparently wearing it. So. She knew best. But R'lyeh still couldn't believe it. Not really.

Kane-knight appears and says the very important things, "Food is great. Ya." and it's drawing her attention once more, but Circe-queen is speaking and R'lyeh has to pause for a long moment, even after she laughs, because. R'lyeh can't tell if it's a tease-joke-not-serious. Sneaking a look at Kane-knight to see if he knows the truth of it, but blinks, as Circe-queen waves it off.

Not on ceremony then.

Good.

"R'lyeh." she corrects, "Least when it's the Lost. Elsewise, it's Riley. Yeah." a drip-drip-dropping nod, she also waves, because that was friendly. "Hello. We have food." Which he already knew, but it was good to say again. Because. Yes.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Gawain arrives too? "Coffee's over there," she assures the copper as he gets his caffeine. Then gets too much. The polymer suit is fashionable for sure. Her Spring friends will love this story. Then looks back to the others whilst Gawain grabs his food, "Technically, this is the prototype. Got my kevlar undershirt underneath instead of a built in layer like with yer advanced model R'Lyeh."

Circe puts her plate and coffee down. "Well, depends. Here," she slaps her upper right thigh. The sound is loud, "No. Here," she slaps her chest. This illicits a denser noise, "Proto and final both have the same under layer cops wear ta stop bullets. Hurts like and bruise like a bitch, but effective yes. I can," she cheerfully adds, "Attest ta the polymer skin working against claw and giant angry, wooden, flaming deer horns," she is beaming in pride right now.

Back then, Circe didn't have the need to know the arcane lores, have magical instincts, or insightful contracts to know that the statue would end up trying to kill her. It was just optimistic pessimism.

"Ice in the cooler under the table if ya need Gawain. Goblin Fruit if its bad," because the dude had burnt himself. She was a bitch, but he was one of her Summer. Circe retrieves and sips her own coffee. "Let me know. If nay, everybody settle in so we can figure out what the cazzo Summer is going ta be doing."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

"Hey Gawain."

The Manikin smiles and looks up briefly to acknowledge his fellow summer. He avoids looking at Circe for a moment but can assume what happens to Gawain is because of her. Then she starts slapping and that breaks his attention long enough to look down to the second slap. He then sighs at his lack of restraint and looks to the darkling.

"I've never worn plate mail. We had the MSV's when I was commissioned. Pretty maneuverable compared to it's medieval counterpart I assume. Definitely better in modern warfare."

Metal plates couldn't stop crossbow bolts. A Glock would be like a modern day death spell. When Circe mentions Summer things his attention returns to her. Focused on her eyes. Unflinchingly so.

"I was thinking about hosting a Midsummer's Yield at my Hollow if any of you are interested. Maybe do a Feast of Strength later in the season here. I'm not sure where to find a beast or subject worth hunting for the Shikaar though, and I was waiting on our Summer Queen before brainstorming coronation plans."

He shrugs and looks down before stuffing a potato wedge in his mouth. After a few chews he swallows and speaks again.

"I offered to help Rlyeh with some combat training. I could extend the offer to you guys as well if you're interested. I'm pretty well versed in modern army combatives. Picked it up at Pope Fields and it's a skillset that survived my captivity. Let me know if you're interested or you know someone who is."

With that he shrugs and returns his attention to his plate.

13. Likes , liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

"R'lyeh. Understood." He nodded his thanks to her for pointing out the presence of food, though he was more interested in grabbing the ice Circe indicated. It wasn't too major, but that didn't make it comfortable and a makeshift cold compact would help take the sting out of it.

"What was it you said when we first met, Circe? Something about protecting the war chest? Of course, that only makes sense. That's where all the important bits are."

Gawain was honestly quite surprised with the forward initiative Kane was showing. Just as a side business from getting his Hollow set up, he already had plans brewing for several Summer events. Gawain had thought himself the most willing to embrace etiquette and tradition, hence his opting for kowtowing and whatnot, but that was mere lip service compared to his fellow Summer already setting these events in motion.

It burned him up that he hadn't paid much thought to it himself until now.

"I feel it would be unwise for me to turn down an invitation to the Midsummer's Yield, but I will admit that I'm not sure who to mourn. Partially as I'm still unfamiliar with Sacramento. Likewise, I wouldn't know of any subjects worthy of being hunted down. But whatever the plans are, I'm willing to help out."

"As for combat training, I picked up my own brand of fighting whilst in the Thorns. But at least learning of other combat styles can still be of benefit."
    Darkling Palewraith, Summer Mantle 1 (Increased humidity)
    Striking Looks 2 (Gothic Chic)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe smiles at Gawain with her own joke to counter, "Yes, I have major organs there. At least two, oh ho ho ho!"

As for Kane's thoughts on armor, that earns a shrug from the Summer Queen. "Eh, kinda why I went with buying riot armor instead of spinning something better," she nods to the breastplate, "Less time, less hunting, less work, more armor. Plus not looking like a Ren Faire reject."

Circe, knew what those events were. Vaguely. She'd never had enough numbers at the right time to actually, you know, do them. "We do the yield fer those of Sacramento or those we knew elsewhere? The Bay was a shit hole and I honestly haven't had the numbas to do it for, well, ever." Was her question on that. Most of her losses, well all, had been transience instead of death. She'd heard of the Summer King that tried to stab a fire dragon to death by swan diving off a skyscraper. Not something she really respected. Circe turns to Gawain, "No deaths that is."

Circe was the most familiar here with the Hedge and its horrors in the area. Which was really not much anymore, "Briar wolves aren't that tough," she admits for the Shikaar. Then again, when they can't get through the armor and you had full auto, that wasn't fair. "The River might have something in it, but watching Jaws is better than re-enacting it. Also, no swimming. I've, uh, well, lead poisoned," she laughs, "A few threats in the area. Then Ambrosial delights has a meat, butcher kind, of market so that takes out a lot of others. Carry spices on patrol, good trade."

"Some of my coronation plans have been a hit," she smiles then pauses, [COLOR=#ffd700]"Okay, everybody else probably didn't enjoy that I steam rolled them in a 15 vee 1 fight here, but others kinda flopped. So, I'm open ta suggestions on shit we can do fer the coronation. Food options are limitless, but what of Contests and Games Rules - Edge of Darkness Wiki (nwod.org)]contests?"

They'd done the joint training before. Circe wasn't stellar in CQB, and those hits had proved that. "Done that before. Goblin Fruit and pain killers are good ta stock up before the training. I'm down ta get downed, best way ta learn. I mostly know just how ta shoot or spear."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread