Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

(Job Hunting)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

Kane had secured a Hollow and it was proving rather maddening. Having spent several days in the Hedge with no mortal contact the Elemental was feeling rather on edge. An anchor was needed. Some regular contact with the world of the mundane where his sanity could be maintained. Something where he could build functioning relationships and engage with the people on this side of the hedge in a stable environment.

So, y'know, he's looking for a job in retail.

He had been walking around Arden Arcade this time. Applications were shoved in a binder for Best Buy, Kohl's, and anywhere else hiring nearby. Now it was time for Barnes and Noble. The elemental entered the bookstore in a white button down top, tucked into a pair of blue jeans that weren't as worn as his few other alternatives. Sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and the top button was undone. Comfortable black boots and a black belt rounded out the look as he strode in and began perusing the shelves.

He should be a bit more focused on the job hunting, but there was something he had been missing recently. A book that had a not insignificant impact on his life pre durance. He made his way to the section of the bookstore that contained it's religious texts and theological works. He then reached for a copy of the bible and pulled it off the shelves. It really shouldn't be surprising that the guy with a halo was Christian, though he hadn't really made sense of his faith post durance. Perhaps he needed to spend more time reading. Getting back to his roots. Reexploring who he was to better understand what was left. Or maybe habit was something changelings needed. A clinging desire Arcadia embedded into it's escaped too preserve what little sanity remained.

Either way he opened the book, inspecting it's condition with a rather sullen focus.

-1 Glamour to harden the mask

2. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would make his way to the bookstore in a simple sweater and blue jeans, black almost dress shoes.His body moving in an almost methodical rythmn, he wanted to see some new craft books, cooking, woodwork, painting.

They said in the last freehold he was in said that crafts and busywork can keep your focus on here, not over in the Fae realm though he never imagined his life to be like this I will do this

He would enter the store and pass through the books to the crafts and hobby section before he would catch a glimpse of Kane I think I saw him with Gawain and Anatole, at the the very least his halo is iconic

Leonard would walk by the religious books and would sigh to himself thinking of his sheer arrogance of thinking he was a God. He would let out a breath before saying "Hey there"
    Striking Looks 2

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

Gawain had been an avid enjoyer of books in his youth. His love of high fantasy had started when he'd been bought a copy of Lord of the Rings for his birthday years on past. He hadn't indulged in it as much in recent times, as sometimes life seemed too fantastical these days and never in the right ways, but perhaps now was time to return to his old habits.

...Having met Circe helped. With the number of pop culture references she made, he felt he needed to get caught up on current trends just to keep up with her conversation. Such was how he found himself holding a few choice volumes from George R. R. Martin. Game of Thrones had been popular back in his last Freehold. It seemed to have waned a bit since, but the books were still put front and center at Barnes & Noble.

It was as he was casting about for further reading material when he chanced upon a familiar face or two. This may be his first time seeing them with their true selves hidden, but they had made enough of an impression on him that he could recognize their silhouettes even if the details were different.

As this was merely picking something up, Gawain was dressed down a bit. Dressed down for him meant a sleeveless leather jacket festooned with chains and metal studs and black jeans. Of course, he still wore his shades and kept his black umbrella tucked under one arm while the other held the hardback he intended to purchase.

"Well! Hail and well met, you two! Wasn't expecting to find company on this little excursion."
    Darkling Palewraith, Summer Mantle 1 (Increased humidity)
    Striking Looks 2 (Gothic Chic)

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

The manikin's concentration is broken and his eyes swiftly flick up to Leonard when he speaks. Kane closes the book, making a loud clap as it closes. With a deep breathe, a reassured smile dispels the gloom that was starting to form when he was looking at the Bible.

"Hey." He points at the wizened with the bible, his brow furrowing as he searches for a name. "Leonard right? Wassup?"

Before he has time to gather more thoughts another joins the impromptu meeting. Someone far more memorable to the Summer. He'd never forget the kneeling thing, and he's pretty happy to not be the only new summer around.

"Hey Gawain." He stops pointing, holding the bible in front of him with his binder. When Kane notices the book in Gawain's hand he shakes his head and let's out an audible "Oof."

"I hope Martin can write a better ending for you."

This guy saw that show and... yeah... thoughts were had. No spoilers though, but damn did they do Jaime dirty.

6. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would put his hands behind his back, and hold them as a butler would, chest out, knees straight, a force of habit really "I came here to buy some different craft books, trying to occupy my time, do something idle with time"

Leonard saw the bible in his hands and was about to say something "Ah a Bible my family was.." his speech was interrupted by a louder but familiar voice. Wasn't anything important and the conversation could turn sad so it was a welcome to see the other changeling

"Ah sir Gawain, it's a pleasure to see you again. Leonard saw the book that Gawain had and looked at curiously That seems new, I should look into it if it's popular

Leonard felt like his age showed whenever new things like this were brought up since his post-durance. I remember things like this, good times

Leonard would casually look over the books in the religious section, hoping he wouldn't see something that make him embarrassed before looking at the summer changelings.

"A right old book club we have here if I say so."
    Striking Looks 2

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

The translucent-skinned Summer look down at his prospective purchase as Kane brought it up.

"Indeed, I understand that just as the series reached a crescendo of excitement, it collapsed in on itself. Though I lack the context as for why. But hopefully knowing what the series is about will be worthwhile in its own right. And if nothing else, it seems like ample reading material."

He casts his eyes about the current section they had found themselves in: religious texts.

"No offense, but if we were to form a book club, I should hope we chose a different subject. I am not devout enough to enjoy a bible study."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

"Cool." The Elemental smiles. "I've been thinking about looking into gardening or agriculture. Not really sure how without machinery though. I think the land around my place would be good for it though."

Not that he knew enough to know that for sure. He just wanted glamour and goblin fruit to keep himself not dead or powerless.

"The books are really good. Full of surprises. And cool dragons." Though how much the knightly darkling would care for the Red Wedding or the murder of, well, many characters is something Kane questioned. Darkling though, so maybe he'd appreciate the more morbid and dark tones Martin set.

The lack of enthusiasm for religion was rather disappointing. It seemed that was a path he'd have blaze on his own.

"Don't worry, I'm more interested in sorting through my own feelings about faith then forcing them on others."
    It's true. The Durance tested more then just his body and wasn't entirely sure what emerged from the thorns was still compatible with what went in. Still trying to smile though, he looks back and forth between the two. "I usually like history books and ethnographies. Those little glimpses into other people's cultures and faiths always stirred up my imagination. Got me thinking about why things were and what they could be. What kind of books do you guys usually like to read?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would smile "Well if you have need for help you can count on this butler" Leonard would due a butler pose, nothing grand but to show that he is willing to help if necessary.

Leonard would listen to Gawain and give a chuckle at hearing those two talk about probable spoilers in front of him about dragons and the like.

Leonard thought for a second at the conversation of faith "We all have things we believe in, just be careful on what you put faith into, don't want someone to take advantage of you" The irony of the statement coming from him made him nearly sick to his stomach.

Leonard thought for a moment. "I am trying my hand at a bunch of different crafting books, but I have to say a good historical mystery always excites me."

Leonard would chuckle to himself as if remembering something. "Sherlock Holmes and Arsene Lupin were my favorite book characters, detective and gentlemen thief always makes my inner child smile"

Leonard would take a wild guess "I am guessing Gawain would like King Arthur tales" he was kinda teasing but also generally curious if he actually like being compared to the knights of the round table.
    Striking Looks 2

11. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

"Gardening and agriculture, you say? Well, I'd be willing to lend a hand if need be. I've never worked the land before, but I'm not afraid of a little physical labor. Though I may wish to buy a sunhat."

Gawain held his hands up as if he'd been caught in the middle of something, letting the hooked head of his umbrella slide into the crook of his elbow.

"You have me pegged. I was bought a copy of Lord of the Rings at an early age and have been in love with high fantasy ever since. Gawain may have been my given name, but I'm more than happy to carry on the legacy of one of the knights of the round table."

13. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

The offer of assistance was met with a smile that beamed like his halo.

"Thanks guys." He wasn't expecting the other changelings to offer their assistance so freely. Then again, they were all new. Never hurts to make friends with the other new people. "I'll leave a note in Funderland once I figure out what I'm doing."

That was going to be a while, but new person bonding time wasn't something to rush.

"What sparked your shift from fiction to crafting?" Nosy elemental was curious now. The butler seemed the type to appreciate stories like Sherlock Holmes or The Kingsman, but the shift to gardening and craftsmanship? Curious to say the least.

"Same." Pegging Gawain to King Arthur? That was a straight line to Kane as well. When the darkling confirms his suspicion and explains his interest, Kane continues smiling. "It's a great read. Based somewhat on Tolkien's service if I remember right. I've been meaning to watch Rings of Power since my return, but I haven't had the money. Or laptop."

Plus the Hedge wasn't the most conducive to binging shows on Amazon Prime. He'd have to mooch off someone for that one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread