Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would smile at both of the fellow new people. "Glad to be of service" he would unconsciously move his hands behind his back as he listened to Gawain. "You would make an excellent knight"

He would look at Kane and give him a smile. "Let's just say that, after coming back, a friendly meal from another or even a small wooden figure given out of sheer kindness is quite healing.... well from my experience" he would try to cut that conversation if it made the other two uncomfortable, then started to listen about Lord of the Rings, great books but he didn't know to much else about a TV show.

He would look at the other two and ask them. "Any other plans this day for you fine gentlemen?" Leonard didn't really have to many plans and was just kinda getting a feel of Sacramento and he enjoyed the company. He was in no hurry and tried to be as relaxed as a buler could be.
    Striking Looks 2

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

"Really now? The seminal classic of high fantasy that basically inspired everything else ultimately derived from..." he paused for a moment to try and get his dates lined up correctly. It was never the easiest task matching historical figures to unrelated historical events and the fact that he'd had an extended stay in Faerie, which obeyed no rules of time and causality, didn't make things any easier. "I wanna say World War 2, but I could be wrong. In any case, the battlefield is an interesting birthplace for much of today's fiction."

"Amend that to WILL be an excellent knight, Mr. Kingsley. I didn't join this club for its dental policy. I intend to protect my home just as any comrade of King Arthur would." His tone of voice was light, playing up the admonishment as a mere jest. He was also slightly concerned of skirting the line of saying too much in public, so hopefully the faux-chastising would seem just as farcical to anyone listening nearby.

"I might grab a bite to eat later. I'll probably be returning home soon, though. I much prefer to prowl after the sun sets, but business hours rarely extend far into that time."
    Darkling Palewraith, Summer Mantle 1 (Increased humidity)
    Striking Looks 2 (Gothic Chic)

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

"A most honorable example." Kane had to agree with the Autumn about Gawain. He certainly seemed to have the mind for chivalry and honor that Kane was still learning. Sure, the military had it's own beliefs on honor and duty, but they weren't the chivalry of old. When the Autumn chimed in to agree, Kane couldn't help but feel a bit of excitement. Summer was the court of competition after all, and having a fellow knight to keep him on his toes was a rather appealing idea.

"I find honest work and labor pretty grounding myself."
    The gardening guy was definitely curious about the crafts, though how grounding it could be in the Hedge was yet to be seen. "It used to be studying at the library or working out at the gym, but lately I've been looking for physical things to keep me occupied. Hence agriculture."

"Also going for food later. Not sure where, but walking distance and cheap is my only preference."

Guess who hasn't figured out money yet? This guy.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would smile at the talk of chivalry as a small voice in his head "These people are to good for you scumbag" he would quickly banish the thought.

"I myself am looking for ingredients to cook l, maybe in the future I can help cook some of the food you grow, I have had some practice" he would take an unusual pride in that even though he just got some recipes correct.

He would click his heels and say "I think we can all agree to get some food, unless everyone here had other plans?" his voice was proper as per normal, he knows that Summers tend to have a lot going on in other Freeholds.

He would move his hands to try and fix a glove on his hand but there of course wasn't one and he would stop himself. Nervous ticks were common among former butlers, or at least that was what he believed.
    Striking Looks 2

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

"I can understand that sentiment. I used to not be quite so physically fit myself." Not that Gawain looked strictly buff now, his build trended more towards sinewy than muscular so far. "But I've been taught the harsh lesson that one needs know how to defend themselves and survive when deprived of everything. Gardening is certainly one way of solving that issue." Provided you had seeds, arable land, water. Light.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry overly much about price. It's merely the mall, not some fine dining establishment. Simply find someplace you like and order what you want. My treat." Gawain considered himself fortunate. Not only had he been well off as a child, but smart investments had paid off to pad his pocketbook even now. Something that was certainly as much luck as shrewd financial acumen. He was not wont to look down on others for being less well off and any money he spent was money they got to save.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

"Sounds like a yummy plan to me."

Kane was curious what Leonard would cook up with this future hedge fruit. If spring was any indication, the Autumn had a lot of potential to work with.

"I was learning that lesson in college, prepping for my commission."
    Hard lessons don't always start in the Hedge. Preparations had started well before graduation for the future he wanted for himself and it wasn't an easy one he had chosen. Still, he had been looking forward to a career of military service before, well, The Thing happened. "Now I'm just looking for something to do with myself."

Also something else that wasn't going to shatter his clarity with extended stays in the Hedge. Oh right...

"I may need to raincheck.* Gotta finish my job hunt and get some money coming in before I start eating the other club members."

*ooc

7. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would give a nod two both of them "Well we shall see each other later then" Leonard was glad to have met the two summer knights.

Leonard would scratch his head, for he to unfortunately needed a job or at least some way to get a job of some sort cause he was also pretty broke.

"A raincheck then, if you want to get food or do some harvesting, just post on the notice board and I will gladly come" he would look at the time on the corner of the shop "I should probably go see if I can help at Edna's in Funderland"

That is fine, thank you for the fun social scene
    Striking Looks 2

0 Scenes

5 days left!

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

"Hmm, yes. I suppose that is a benefit of centering ourselves around Funderland. As often as we frequent the park, it only follows that we might pick up jobs there. I hadn't considered it myself, but I suppose even I could pick up a shift there, as a security guard or what not. Most curious. I come here for reading material and leave with unwritten knowledge perhaps even greater." He scratches his gelatinous chin as he ponders Leonard's words. Deep in thought as he is, he almost doesn't pick up the signals that the others are planning to take their leave.

"Ah yes. Well, fare thee well then. Best of luck in your occupational pursuits. My offer still stands in the event we find ourselves together at another date."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

The changelings say their farewells and part ways.

Thanks for the scene! If anyone wants to start a follow up feel free to tag me for more.

12. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread