Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Acknowledging Joshua

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The two-story salon that the letter directed Joshua to had an artistic styled sign across the entrance with the name Lotus. The location of the building, nestled on a walkway near other artistic stores. The lighting within the salon allowed one to see the space, yet was dim. When you move through the entranceway, a walk-in coat waited to accept coats and accessories was to the left. The next door led to a small room with a few seats along the wall, yet mostly open space. This space was where ghouls and proxies were sent while business was conducted. A small hallway with two locked doors led to an upstairs area, reserved for a small office area for managing the salon.
    A man standing at 6 feet tall with an expensive haircut for his dark brown hair was waiting for Joshua by the coat check. The dark-haired man gave a deep nod to Joshua as he entered. He took Joshua’s coat and accessories that Joshua wished to check and turned to Joshua.

“I am Liam, the ghoul of Seneschal Jennifer Hazelton. Would you be so good as to follow me?”

Liam leads Joshua into a medium sized room, the second door in the Lotus salon. You pass a closed door to reach this door, and a hallway can be seen beside this room. Two large glass globes with small openings at the top were just before the door, creating a narrow walkway into the room. Within these globes, lotus flowers floated in clear water. When one arrived at the door to the room, one would pass a table with a white table cloth. There was a wooden display box with a glass viewing front set in a special stand on the table.
    Within the display case was a single glittering pin. The pin was set apart on the bottom of the two lines, for it was a display. This pin was a braided gold design, the same as all of the other pins in designs. This pin on display was a glittering green emerald at the center. Jennifer was seated at the long business table that could seat six. As Liam and Joshua approach, Jennifer placed the report that she was reading aside.

She walked to a pleasant conversational distance to Joshua.
    “May I present Seneschal Jennifer Hazelton, Priscus of the Nosferatu and Lady Notary of the First Estate.” Liam introduced. “Seneschal, Mr. Joshua Hernandez.”
    “Mr. Hernandez.” A voice that slithered like a snake through dying autumn leaves pierced the air as Jennifer greeted Joshua with a professional smile.
    Jennifer was Blushed. She had applied light make up, coral lipstick, light brown eyeshadow and eyeliner. She wore an asymetrical dress, the left shoulder was covered in a sleeve while the right was bare to expose her shoulder. A silk scarf in deep green was draped over her left shoulder and completely concealed the left side of her neck, pinned with a spider pin of emeralds and diamonds. Jennifer wore a single ring, one of chocolate diamonds and white diamonds.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

()Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Book keeping
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Aswang
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Unusual)
    Composure
    (Hardened)
    Filipino Martial Arts
    (Escrima)
    Joshua Gonzalez

Striking Looks 2

Joshua is a handsome vampire from the Philippines, he thanks his family for good genes.

Filipino Martial Arts 2

Joshua always carries retractable Escrima Sticks

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Joshua would walk the streets until he could see the building that was mapped out to him. 'I would have loved to try all the foods and get nourishment from all the different places' to eat he would then sigh knowing all to well he could never get nourishment from that.

He would find the place and enter, and give his backpack with his Escrima Sticks to this Liam "Thank you very much Liam" he didn't want to give his stuff away, but he didn't want to bring any weapons to someone who could help enter the city.

When Joshua entered the corridor he couldn't help but think 'Vampires and there need to be fancy' he would quickly dismiss the idea before entering the room.

He would give a bow to the seneschel as her title was being announced, doing his best to not run away in terror since it was a high position. "It's an honor to meet you Mam"

Joshua was wearing dark blue pants, and his best blue like sweater over his top shirt, hair was makeshift fancy, looks like he tried to make himself look decent. Black dress shoes that looked worn out.

Joshua would blink almost a bit startled when both Liam and The Seneschel called him Joshua Hernandez? "I think there must be a mix up, I am Joshua Gonzalez. If you had another appointment, I completely understand"

He did his best to act formal in front of the seneschel.
    Aspect of the Predator ● [BP 3]

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"You are my only appointment tonight, Mr. Gonzalez.
    I sincerely apologize for my mistake."

Jennifer made a short nod of respect towards Joshua Gonzalez.

Unusual for me to make that sort of mistake. I need to put aside the reports and focus before these important appointments. Jennifer thought, a slight frown on her face.

"Your letter says that you are from the Philippines. There was mention of a war between Covenants.
    Here in Sacramento, all Covenants are welcome. Her Grace, the Alder Prince Alessandra, does not permit kindred in good standing to be attacked.
    Are you a member of a Covenant, Mr. Gonzalez?
    Is there any bad will that might follow you from where you were to this Domain?"

Aswang
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Unusual)
    Composure
    (Hardened)
    Filipino Martial Arts
    (Escrima)
    Joshua Gonzalez

Striking Looks 2

Joshua is a handsome vampire from the Philippines, he thanks his family for good genes.

Filipino Martial Arts 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Joshua gave a nod of respect back at the seneschel. "I think the term here is 'We are only human' even though that doesn't apply to us" he smirked at his own answer, giving a soft chuckle.

He listened to her questions and started answering them to the best of his knowledge, Yes I am from the Philippines, born and raised he would frown at the the covenant war being mention, and shake his head yes, confirming her question, he would almost have a sigh of relief at hearing of the prince actually doing there job.

Joshua would look at her and say "I was previously in the Lancea, but I have a very different outlook than they do and left them, when I came to the USA I am currently looking at the covenant's here and getting a feel for each one, though I have bit of negativity for some, as you can imagine

He would pause and think about the Last question "My Sire was pretty strict, he may send people to come for me, but I am not certain. My country is very far away" he would stop and think again "There is one other thing, the prince of LA denied my entry, and I don't really know why. Could be related if they had connection to Lancea, but honestly I don't know.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listened for a moment. She let the moment stretch as she considered the answers. Her mind was pouring over the possible interpretations of the words that he used, all synonyms.
    He is no Horatio at this point, she decided. Her Beast stirred within the cage, whispering. It did not like the strange predator. Jennifer took a moment to feel her Beast, listening to the whispers that call bac to the primal and inhuman nature of Kindred. The moment passed and she locked the Beast in the cage.
    "I appreciate your grace." A sincere look upon him as he accepted the apology. "Please have a seat."

A hand gracefully indicates the chairs around the long, well-made table. Jennifer took a seat that would face him across the table. The graceful gesture to the table extended towards the door. Liam moves to stand by the door, facing the two Kindred.
    "That is quite a history." Jennifer states with her Curse affected voice. She mentally makes a note to circle back to a part of the history once she has more of a sense of the Kindred petitioning for Acknowledgement.
    "You are Released from your Sire. He could attempt to convince you to return, yet it would need to be your decision. It would be foolish to incur the wrath of the Alder Prince."

Your country is far away and yet here you sit. Jennifer thought as she studied the Kindred that she faced.
    "I could think of a number of reasons for that decision." She stated sincerely. "Do you intend to antagonize any Covenant here?"
    Jennifer picked up a piece of fine parchment where she had hand written the Laws of the Domain. She placed the paper in front of Joshua.
    "These are the Laws of the Domain. Do read them carefully and with care, for this paper must remain in this room. Do you intend to integrate yourself into Kindred society as a Law Abiding member of the Domain?”

Aswang
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Unusual)
    Composure
    (Hardened)
    Filipino Martial Arts
    (Escrima)
    Joshua Gonzalez

Striking Looks 2

Filipino Martial Arts 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Joshua would watch her for awhile, his beast was gnawing at the back of his head, but he tried to keep it under control as she talked.

"As far as my sire is concerned, I don't want to much to do with a man who thinks he and his inquisition are... he puts his two fingers in the air as of he is quoting someone "The Truth"

He paused with her words about why he was denied entry, She must know the LA Prince he gave her a serious look. "I won't attack any Covenant's or Clan's unless they will physically attack me" he took pride in his speech and spoke very sincerely.

He took his time reading the words and when he finished he looked at her and got down on one knee. "I Joshua Gonzalez swear to uphold the laws of this domain and be a part of Kindred society to the best of my ability" Joshua was a soldier of Lancea for awhile so he thought that was how everyone in Kindred society made promises.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered Mr. Gonzslez's words about the Covenant and makes note of it.
    "I am pleased at yor willingness to pledge.

There is a matter that I need to know before I can accept the Oath. Have you ever committed the act of Amaranth?"

Jennifer is somber as she made her inquiry. She observes him closely as he makes his response.

Aswang
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Unusual)
    Composure
    (Hardened)
    Filipino Martial Arts
    (Escrima)
    Joshua Gonzalez

Striking Looks 2

Filipino Martial Arts 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Joshua smiled at the compliment,but when the question came up he looked at her very seriously "No I have not, and will never do that" he would almost take pride in that, to the point that he may have witnessed something like that. "My Mother said that those who would eat others deserve to rot in the place they belong, and I believe that"

Joshua after a pause then ask her genuinely "Any other questions for me?" he would breath slowly, ready for any other question.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer waited a few moments as she looked at Joshua. Listening to her intuition that was honed by the decades. After the short silence, she gives a formal and somber nod to Joshua.
    "I shall ask you to assure me of your dedication by swearing the following: Do you swear loyalty to Prince Alessandra Antinori, to obey the Laws Of Alder Prince Alessandra Antinori as laid forth by her hand, and swear to obey her Officers of Alder Prince Alessandra's court?"
    "I do have some general knowledge that you should know about how the Prince and the officers of her Court expect you to adhere to. There are Formal Courts that all Kindred are expected to attend every three months. The next Formal Court shall be next month, the month of May. The doors do close early that evening and do not reopen, do be sure to arrive promptly. At Court, I would emphasize the second point under Ettiquite on the Laws of the Domain. Do not walk directly into the Alder Prince's personal space. One shall move into her line of sight and indicate interest in conversing with her and wait for the Alder Prince's invitation.
    "I would ask the name of your Sire. If they have any proxies who would come in their place, I would request their name." A sincere look towards Joshua. "To best be aware of any difficulties that might be posed. In fairness, I shall properly introduce myself to you. I am Seneschal Jennifer Hazelton: Childe of Joshua Homan, childe of Lady Notary Gweneth Ward; childe of Libretist James Barlowe; of the line Nosferatu; Lady Notary of the First Estate and Priscus of the Nosferatu.
    As you said you were interested in learning about different Covenants, I shall present you the contact information for the Covenants that are present. Reeve Helen Kingsley represents the Carthian Movement in Sacramento."
    A hand wrote in delicate and precise script the simple name Helen Kingsley (phone number). It could be noted that no Breach language is included.
    "The Circle of the Crone is represented by Priscus of the Mekhet, Albert Baker." Another notecard with the simple words Albert Baker (number).
    "If you are interested in the Ordul Dracul, I could introduce you personally at Court. If you are interested in the First Estate, I would speak on you about the Covenant personally. I should inform you that her Grace, the Alder Prince is a Lady of the First Estate. Lord Jack is the Judex of the First Estate."
    I would like to present you with some information that may assist you in navigating the social arena. Do you have any questions for me?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread