THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"There's enough people who don't need beating up, sure. Also means there's way too few folks who'd make worthwhile training partners, though. At least by the impression most folks want you to have. I mean sure, you underestimate someone, they can knock you on your ass pretty quick, but dunno. Could train with people, too, but its not the same."

At least there's few enough people left in town she'd take for the physical type.

"Yah, where's the fun in only playing to your strengths and not trying your hand at other stuffs ? Can always find something you're good at, but never would have thought." She chuckles. "Well, you can't. I won't let you." She scratches her chin in thought as he brings up his shadowing skills. "Alright, doesn't sound too bad. You mind if I add you to the notoriously short list of folks I got on speed dial for raiding parties ?

Why Grappling though ? Police Academy or you've been on the Wrestling team in High School or something ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Alert)
    Raul

PRE

He nods in agreement. "It isn't exactly the same, no."

He turns his head to glance at something out of the corner of his eye, squinting for a moment before turning back again. "Just watch me," he says with a grin and a chuckle. He nods to her question. "Certainly. You already have my number. I wouldn't mind adding yours to mind, if you're willing.." he says, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket.

"Yes, amusingly enough. It was taught as part of our training in how to subdue an assailant... and I was on my high school wrestling team." he says with a smirk. "I also did some training in military combat forms and Krav Maga. I'm still working on those and I'm always looking to improve my wrestling skills. I was also trained in various melee weapons as well."
    Aspect of the Predator ​● BP 2

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"See, Soccer is all I was allowed in high school. Girl scouts taught me all the fun stuff."

Helen chuckles and scribbles a number onto a small piece of paper and slides it over the table to Raul.

"There you go."

She raises her eyebrows as he enumerates his training.

"Military Combat forms ? Like what, Army Combatives or that stuff the Marines got... You got that stuff behind the counter or have you been in ? Sounds like you're pretty wide spread, anyway. Got a favourite melee weapon ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Alert)
    Raul

PRE

He nods and grins. "I was also in Scouts for a time. Learned quite a bit.." he says with a smirk as he accepts the number, slipping it into a pocket for later.

He nods. "A bit of everything really. They call it Modern Army Combatives. It takes a bit of several different styles and mashes them together. Favorite melee weapon? I like a good baton... but I'm also fond of my machete when things need to get done."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Fun times, wasn't it ?" Helen gives Raul an amused look, a little like she knows something he doesn't. but doesn't say anything more at first. "Oh, that one. I've heard about that. Some people think it's prety handy to have. Or it may be just like Krav Maga, some fancy marketing tool for folks who're all the way tough until you break their nose. Got an opinion on its pros and cons ? Batons are good, I got one as well."
    She chuckles. Wouldn't that make a nice pick-up line ? 'Hey baby, wanna see my baton ?'

"Machete, why not ? I'm still looking for something to add to my small arsenal. You might want to look to Conner Wells with that sort of interest. He's the sword-sy guy in town right now."

Presence
    (Alert)
    Raul

PRE

Raϊl perks an eyebrow at the look she gives him but doesn't say anything, at first. "It was enjoyable, for the most part." He nods and chuckles slightly. "It probably, is, yes... But it's still has some use. I've got a telescoping baton. Handy little thing.."

He nods once. "Connor Wells? I haven't met him yet, but then I'm still fairly new to the area, but if the need arises, I'll get in contact with him for that.."

"Any other questions or concerns you have for me?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Oh yeah, enjoyabl indeed."

She chuckles, again.

"True, never leave the house without mine..."

She ponders Rauls last question for a little.

"Not as of right now. You got anything you want to know at this point ?"

Sorry for the long pause, didn't realize it was my turn !

Presence
    (Alert)
    Raul

PRE

He lifts an eyebrow and chuckles slightly as he nods. "Oh? How do you manage that? I been having trouble getting the paperwork for it here in California myself." He's up for suggestions but then again, it's quite possible that the Haunt doesn't have it legally. He can't really throw any stones about that, at the moment.

He thinks for a moment and shrugs. "Not that I can think of, no."

Not a problem. Up for ending this here, if you'd like to.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen doesn't answer Raul's question about the baton directly. A chuckle and a small winbk are all the answers he gets.

"Alright. I'll be in touch. Anything's up or you want to do some stuff, compare notes, do some training or something, drop by or give me a call."

With that the meeting ends and after a while, both kindred part ways. Until the next time.

Thanks for the scene, closing !

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread