Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(WI) Now What?

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Yeah. I'm fairly sure it's a program in the computer and not the computer itself, so plugged in and powered on will be required. But I didn't see a reason to not be cautious."

Shaking her head, a look crossed her face briefly, "Nope. And the one of us who did fell victim to the game. Because yeah- it's not just sleepers that it can snag."

Settling in herself, she turned her attention to the computer. Silence falling as she first brought forth the Imago for her own sight, and then as she did as she had warned ... stared for the next half a minute.

2 successes

1 success

failure

failure

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

As Witch scrutinizes the computer, the Obrimos does the same. He knows from experience how dangerous it can be to get lost in the Abyss, yet he also knows how dangerous it is to ignore infections.

He uses his own Sight to examine the computer for any signs of demonic influence. Deluded, however, he mutters under his breath, the enigma resisting the test of his meddling.

1 success

2 successes

1 success

failure

Spoiler

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

1 Success

1 Success

2 Success

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Both mages reach into the Aether and open their eyes to the awakened world. They immediately know that the laptop in front of them is nonmagical. It has not been cast upon, imbued, or enhanced in any way, nor is it any form of tass or artifact. As they scrutinize the object they are able to discern it's identity and confirm it's nature as a simple electronic device.

Witch manages to scrutinize a bit more thoroughly then Winter and can sense the lingering quality of shame on the object. Given she watched the ectoplasmic recreation of the previous owner commit suicide, it's a small hint about the motive of the Shard's unwitting summoner.

As a friendly reminder we use only the 2E sights as per this announcement. Most of the things you get a bonus for on Supernal vision are automatically visible under 2E Prime sight. Also, since the bonus is listed under the old 1E rules it will no longer apply. It's not a big deal, and didn't even apply to these rolls, but I just wanted to clarify on how we'll be handling sights in mage under my watch moving forward. Feel free to ask questions in the Mage OOC or the discord!
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He leans back, his expression thoughtful as he processes the information he's just gathered, then he looks at Witch with a raised eyebrow.
    "Well, that's unexpected," he says. "I would have thought that the computer itself was some sort of medium but... this is certainly odd."
    He pauses for a moment, deep in thought, before continuing.
    "So the computer is just a tool for whatever it is", he says drumming his fingers on the desk.
    "Should we, you know, boot it up, try the program ourselves?"

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Blinking, Witch leans back and frowns momentarily at the laptop before turning to look to Winter.

"Same. Was already gearing up to throw another spell at it but that one sort of is based on it being enchanted. With it being just..." she waves a hand at it, "There isn't much purpose."

"I suppose it makes sense. The program itself is what is the problem. Software versus hardware or something... so yeah, I guess we might as well power it up and see what that gets us."

Reaching over she plugged the various cords in and punched the power button before rotating the laptop so that both of them could see the screen come to life. And then it was just a matter of finding the program.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He nods in agreement with Witch's assessment and watches as she powers up the laptop. As the screen comes to life, he leans in to get a better look.
    "Let's hope it's not a trap," he mutters under his breath as the OS boots up. "I have a feeling this won't be an easy fix."
    He'll keep an eye out with his mage sight for anything suspicious or out of place.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch snorted as the laptop came to life, "Oh it is 100 percent a trap. And given that the person who started this whole mess committed suicide ... yeah, I think your feeling is correct."

Her finger running across the pad, occasionally tapping at it, she pulled up the start menu, looking for the game.

3 successes

"Remember- the whole gig for the game is to suck you in. I think I've found it, but I don't advise we actually play it."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Witch plugs the mouse and power cord in and turns the computer on. She's brought to a the generic login screen for windows 10, and using the crumbled up note Cookie gave her she's able to login. The setup is pretty generic. Desktop icons for Chrome and different Microsoft applications are the only thing besides an empty recycling bin. There was no neon click me sign, nor anything Witch would not expect to find on a work computer so far. She would have to do some digging if she wanted anything specific.

Feel free to roll Int+Comp and specify what you're looking for if you aren't doing some general digging. I forgot Cookie gave a post it note at the end of the last scene with Liam's passwords and all so don't worry abut that.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Microsoft Windows and Chrome", he grunts, "the nightmare has already started. Should we put some tape on the webcam... you know, precautions"

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread