Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2303) Bounties of the Season

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 20, 2023 : (2303)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

Continued from (2303)Spring Coronation...

Kane practically rushed towards the bar and food. First a glass of something alcoholic? He wasn't even reading anything beyond it was alcohol and he was thirsty. Then came the food, and the people.

"Hello gentlemen." He takes a sip of his glass, the porcelain plate above his eyes arching his eyebrows up. "Wow, okay. Uh, I'm Kane and I'll be having another later."

His smile beamed along with his halo as he grabbed a plate.

"Anatole?" He looks to the two older wiser looking men at the table before his attention settles on Gerrit. "Which makes you Gerrit-friend right?"

He probably didn't need to exactly quote Rlyeh, but elemental social skills and all.

He places the glass on the table as he proceeds to load his plate with whatever food he could reach, carefully avoiding the desserts for the moment in favor of actual nourishment. It was a rather bizarre feeling, to go from food insecure to Spring buffet in a matter of hours, but that kind of help and support is exactly what brought him to a freehold in the first place. That and the chance to offer it when he was ready. For now though he's loading up this plate with whatever he could get his hands on and looking to Gawain.

"I don't think I got your name? Also my fellow summers might be laying siege to this table soon. Just a fair warning? Circe's stomach growled at me. I think it's ready to strike."

Concerned knight is concerned. Yep, totally real and serious concern from this guy.

2. Likes , liked this post

0 Scenes

5 days left!
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Apr 16th, 2023 at 12:09 PM.

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Steps light and food focused, R'lyeh follows after Kane-knight and his glow-halo to the food table. Becuase food! Good-free-doesn't-have-to-be-bought-food! Yes! Yum!

R'lyeh's already sneaking her way to a plate and starts to grab at things before she remembers. People! And her Hands and. Oh. Did they want her to use different serving spoons? Eat somewhere else.

She frowns as she feels the drip-drip-dropping of her hair. Tails swing and ears droop.

"....hi."
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

5. Likes , , liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

"Ah. That is assuring to hear. While I'm not against indulging myself from time to time, be it in vice or passion, I would prefer if I knew what I was getting in to rather than have it sprung upon me. And I've heard stories of Spring being a bit overzealous in spreading cheer at times." Having confirmed, or at least having received a measure of reassurance, that the goblin fruit would not have any overly concerning side-effects, he plopped one in to his mouth.

It was at this moment that the Elemental appeared once more, stepping in to offer an introduction that the Darkling couldn't help but feel was directed more at him. He pursed his lips in a miffed line as he swallowed his food before kneeling down before Gerrit much as he'd done before Seraphina.

"And I am Gawain Avellone of the Summer Court. No title just yet. We may be of differing seasons, but I offer you my respect nonetheless." Of course, Gawain was always keen on etiquette, perhaps verging on overly formal. But could this be a dig at Kane's more informal address? ...Maybe. In any case, he didn't remain kneeling for too long before standing back up an offering them each a polite smile. Including the creature sopping oil, who had snuck nearby as well. Quiet creature.
    Darkling Palewraith, Summer Mantle 1 (Increased humidity)
    Striking Looks 2 (Gothic Chic)

7. Likes , , , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

"Gawain and Kane. Rlyeh."

Anatole inclined his head, noting as he did the halo shimmering around the Elemental's head.

"And we are to expect Circe? It would seem the Crimson Court has received much needed reinforcements. Very fortuitous."

Anatole add the last bit with some mystery. He took the opportunity to scan the Tavern one last time for Rhodes and then became distracted by the new arrival. Too late - he drew in his lips and focussed his attention back to their table.

"Settling in alright?"

9. Likes , liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

And just like that Gerrit was proven right: there was no need to rush and introduce himself to everyone. The porcelain-man joined the growing group of Lost just as Gawain dropped to his knee. The Ogre's neutral expression did not change, even though everything in him wanted to tell the Summer to turn it down, to not make a big deal out of this title. That was just something he had to get used to - and it's not like telling people what they should or should not do was any better. "Thank you Gawain. Welcome to Sacramento."
    He glanced at Anatole for a brief moment before regarding Kane. "And welcome Kane. You are right, I am Gerrit. King of Sorrow of Sacramento's Winter Court." The faintest hint of a sigh accompanied the introduction. He didn't know where Kane got the idea that they were friends, and repeated use of the title didn't make it feel less weird.

That didn't matter either way. Seemed like the Elemental focused his attention on the other Summer, which meant Gerrit didn't have to feel bad to turn to R'lyeh. "Hello R'lyeh." An awkward pause as he went through the several thoughts and feelings in relation to the Fox. Had she noticed his absence? Was this old disappointment for her choosing Summer really gone or just buried? Did she feel more at home in Sacramento or was that just the selctive perception or wishful thinking? Finally, this Stonebones got moving again. "How are you?" A small-big question, and they probably had to find some time to catch up more privately - given how straining those big social events were.

11. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

Rlyeh's approach was met with a smile, though her frown was noted. Gerrit asked the question he was thinking before he could say anything, so he was happy to leave Rlyeh to her friend's care. See elemental social skills and all.

Gawain dropped to one knee without acknowledging him, which he felt was odd, but maybe this was just how he introduced himself to important people. He did do that earlier to right? Though calling oneself king minutes after your crown melted away before the entire freehold felt to Kane like a pretty flaccid flex. Maybe Gawain was just being polite? Introducing himself to everyone while acknowledging the fanciest former title in the group? The pursed lips said there was a bit more to it then that.

"Nice to meet you Gerrit."

Still all smiles, without further comment for the moment. Something was bugging Rlyeh and Kane would bet the three dollars he had in his wallet Gerrit could be more helpful then him. So when Anatole asked his question Kane was happy to engage.

"Think she just passed through for a pit stop." He shrugged. "I'll just have to test the provisions with Rlyeh for now."

It's then that he notices the woman he offered to help with her grapples was leaving some kind of residue on the food? Everyone could notice him noticing given the double take he did. It was odd, but Kane always did enjoy playing in the mud. Just not eating said mud. Or being poisoned by it? Shit, was it just the Blightbent vomit that could poison people? Questions for later.

"Alright." Back to beaming that smile at Anatole. "Got the one o' one from Rlyeh and Circe and decided to get a bite to hold me over. I was going to go hunting for trods later to get the hollow situation situated and then hopefully I'm good for a while."

Until someone asked him what he did for a living. Or where he was getting food. One issue at a time though.

13. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard moved closer to the group, for it was better to go to these crowds, safety in numbers and all that. Leonard would remember going to parties in both here and over there and because of his Keeper he couldn't really relax, he was almost afraid to relax. But he had learned to relax a bit.

Still not used to parties, still makes me stand at attention every time in all these freeholds

Leonard would do something that was never allowed at Keeper parties, he would relax his arms and began eating some of the delicious food, and his curiosity had eat some of the strange goblin fruit. It was spring after all, time to enjoy.

Though he would still somewhat fear he would get a beating, it was nowhere near the first time when he panicked when people gave him some food.

His eyes were on the other five, he was cautious since he was new, but generally could see they were somewhat enjoying themselves. He would come over and gave a bow to all the people. "Greetings to everyone here, I am Leonard Kingsley, I am of the Autumn Court" he would then correct his stance and try to relax "Sorry about that, my seeming is Wizened, and my kith is Chatelaine"

He was of course trying to make a good impression. And tried to fix his collar and make sure his suit was great. His thoughts were to find someone from the Autumn Court or anyone so he could relax further.
    Striking Looks 2

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

The Creepy-Pretty-Summer takes a knee to Gerrit-Friend-and-oh-no-he-isn't-just-Gerrit-friend-anymore-He's-Gerrit-king and she. Well. wonders-worries, should she have taken a knee was that what she should do? Was that A Thing? Her eyes flits around-and-over-and - Kane-Knight didn't. So. That had to be right. Right? Right. He was Kane-knight. He knew these things.

She could feel the worried-fear-tension-knot loosen and her shoulders ease from 'round her ears.

"Hello-hi-Gerrit-friend." she says before she remembers. and she's just thought about it to!! "Gerrit-king." she corrects herself. There. Good. Yes. (it didn't feel good) "I'm okay-good. Yes." she says, she lies, "Are you...are you okay?" she was still worried-scared-relieved. Anatole-friend telling her about Gerrit-friendking and the Rust.

She's so obviously consumed by her thoughts, and worries-fears-Gerrit-king-friend that she completely misses the arrival and words of their newest Freeholder.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

16. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole nodded as Kane spoke.

"Hollow hunting. A good start, I'd say."

He knuckled his moustaches and glanced toward Gerritt. The initial glance grew into a stare and then a raised eyebrow as the Dark knelt. Anatole gave the Onyx Ogre another glance. His attention was diverted when the Chatelain made his introductions. The burned dwarf felt the hint of the breeze, felt it tug at the inky shadows of his own Mantle.

Anatole smiled.

"It is good to see another Wizened. I am Anatole, a Smith or so they say. Paladin of Shadows of the Ashen Court."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread