Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Music Exchange

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

The Music Exchange was one of the dedicated stores for piano purchasing, leasing, and lessons in Sacramento. It was where Adeline had planned to purchase her own for her haven. Checking it out in person first was a must. Inviting Priscus Baker out for music sampling here became an obvious choice once both Kindred acknowledged a shared interest in music.

The exchange boasted private rooms to practice piano, and when Albert Baker arrived he was ushered to his appointment with Adeline. The room itself was smaller and intimate, with proper sound proofing so ones lesson did not interrupt anothers or the customers shopping in the main area. It was just big enough for the Yamaha Hybrid DCX piano. It was a hybrid model piano with enough quality accoustics to be used for concerts but also the capablility to record and playback music. A function that Adeline was most eager to try out.

She sat at the piano eager to get started and waited for Priscus Baker to arrive.

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Bookkeeping

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Al arrived as usual in a light grey suit with a blue tie with two red vertical stripes, black Oxfords which were highly polished and his usual briefcase at his side. Due to his blush he did look rather sickly pale and his laboured breathing was audible. Slowly shuffling into the room he had tucked his cane under his arm. For some moments he felt the urge to turn and get away though a few minutes of prayer calmed him down enough not to give in to that urge. Walking closer to the piano he took a seat.

"Good evening, Miss Martin."

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

Adeline was dressed sharply as usual in textiles that were luxurious against the skin. She wore a white satin suit with white pointed toe heeled sandals. Her jewelry consisted of one ring on her right hand ring finger. It had been a gift from her sire and held special significance to Adeline.

“Good evening Dr. Baker. It is a pleasure to see you as always. I am pleased we have this time to enjoy a common interest.” She paused and offered him a seat in an overstuffed leather chair that was made for sitting comfortably.

“I admit I also have something I would like further education on if you would be willing. Perhaps another venue for another night if you don’t feel comfortable speaking in relative terms.” AKA Code. Even though the room was soundproof, you just never knew for sure unless it was your own haven. It was not a secured room. Technically anyone could walk in there. “I wished to further my education in our corporation's social clubs. The circle you run in, in particular.”

Priscus Baker didn’t strike her as a man who mixed business with pleasure, but then again he also was not someone who wanted to waste his time either. She would be remiss if she didn’t bring up her interest in learning more about his Covenant.

“I thought I could play some modern pieces in their original compositions, and then show you my covers of the same music on piano.” She smiled softly. Inviting him to find a new way to listen to modern music that would help him connect with it. Or.. so the Lord hoped anyway.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded to the point of 'another venue, another night', as this here wasn't safe for that kind of talk, except for perhaps the very basics. Besides he'd prefer something with a bit more flair.

"I have to insist most of that to be done in another venue and another night unfortunately as these walls might not be as secure as they seem."

He paused and thought of a location and the Temple came to mind.

"Preferrably a location that speaks a bit for itself metaphorically..."

Placing cane and briefcase at the sides of the chair he continued.

"A few basic question might be answered here, if you wish. I won't go into depth though."

He leaned back with a small smile.

"That sounds lovely."

Jennifer Hazelton

As there have been no replies for two weeks, the thread is closed to enter continuity.

Closed Thread