Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mekhet and Nosferatu Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gave a nod to Liam, who busied himself at the table with glasses.
    "I will have to look into those selections, Priscus Baker. I am acquaianted with a good portion of those, yet not all of them. I know that you and I spoke of what the alliance means to the two of us. I appraised my Clan in a meeting. Have you and Whip Wells discussed what we could achieve together? I would like to hear your thoughts."
    A glance to Conner and Albert.
    "If we have any news to share, let us share it with one another."

A look to Helen. While Helen was always given a warm look in Court in a show of support from Jennifer, this look to Helen was cool.
    "Good evening, Reeve Kingsley. We have already started discussion as time had passed since the start of the gathering."

Jennifer watched Conner and Helen in silence for a moment as Conner accepted a gift from Helen.
    "Yes, I do agree that our Clan is natually more able to respond to certain situations." Ordinarily, she would direct a question to one of the attendees, yet Jennifer was reconsidering.
    Liam returned with a tray of glasses, modestly filled with Cypriot wine. The wine was offered to all and Jennifer gracefully accepted a glass and took a sip.
    "Magnifico, Priscus Baker." She praised.

Translation of Italian
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al watched the reeve arrive, which caused only one of the participants to be absent now.

"Good evening, Reeve."

When Jennifer asked whether he had discussed the alliance with his whip, he wasn't entirely sure of it though he thought it had come up and he answered thusly.

"I'm sure I did mention it to him."

Noticing the cold look and also the emphasis on her clan when both had been mentioned he raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

Then the wine was brought and he took one of the glasses, raising it.

"To our alliance. May it be successful."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Conner has a point, of course, they more or less make up a sizable part of who is still around. She also notices that there's still someone missing, but with some recent developments, she's not surprised. Eh, it is what it is ! As Conner takes the bottle, Helen is taken by surprise, hence she doesn't react quick enough. As is, she just mouthes 'host' at him and slightly indicates Jennifer with a light head movement. He ain't dumb, he'll pick up on it and get it.

"Nothing much to add, really. As you said, stereotypically speaking, we're the sneaky department and working together, especially in stuff that concerns more folks than are in this room, works pretty well, especially as we've all been pretty quick on joining the work together. I guess that speaks for a mindset and dedication we can build on, in here as well as out there."

Helen registers the look she gets from her Priscus.

"Indeed, again, please accept my sincere apology, Priscus."

As is, she also accepts a glass from the tray, if offered one.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer waited until the Mekhet Priscus spoke. Yet nothing was said about the sentence that Jennifer had said. Was it misinterpreted or ignored? She had expected some corrections.
    Perhaps that was not the way of her guests. Although dark eyes land on the Mekhet priscus for a moment.

"Is there any specific thing that you have to share with the alliance, Priscus Baker?
    I would mention that I have stepped back from assisting in the mutual investigating, as I shared in the meeting.
    I have been finishing up the one aspect that I said that I would handle.
    I am curious how the investigation is proceeding."

A look to Helen. She weighs the words, yet the sincerity of Helen mattered more. There was a beat of silence as she felt this.

" Yes, we do have a proper mindset for the alliance. Well spoken, Reeve Kingsley."

Jennifer does not look at the silent guest. Had he left?
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

As the others don't seem to be queuing up to expand, Helen frowns. Not that the investigative stuff isn't important, but it's not the topic that should dominate the meeting, is it now ?

"Investigational stuff is nice and good, but that's a domain thing, not a group-thingy that makes this whole connection special. So, it's pretty nice we have that sort of alliance, the big question is what do we do with it that sets things apart from whats generally going on outside in day-to-day politics ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer smiles a bit as she looks to Helen. It is good when the Reeve speaks, Jennifer thought.

"Excellent thought, Reeve.
    Supporting one another in the public eye is important. I refer to supporting one another in how the Domain views an ally.
    What do you think we should do that sets us apart?

On another note, I have a thought that we could offer one another mentorship, the way that we assist fellow Nosferatu, Reeve Kingsley. To teach one another skills so one could grow."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen shrugs.

"No idea, I haven't thought about that too much yet. I'll give it a think or two."

As Jennifer mentions the mentorship, she looks from Jennifer to the Mekhet present and back.

"Excluding those clan properties, I assume ?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Yes. I do not see the need to teach our Clan Gifts outside of the Clan at this time." A careful statement.
    "I do hope that we continue to follow through on our promise to the alliance." Jennifer stated, for it seemed the Mekhet had checked out of speaking with the Nosferatu present.
    "If you have something to share, Priscus Baker, write to Reeve Kingsley and I and we shall join you where you wish to host the meeting." In clear terms, indicating that Clan Mekhet would host the next meeting.

"Good evening." Jennifer bade her guests goodnight. The Kindred go out into the night.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread