Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Calling the Buzz Pt.2

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward wrote the name down, while listening for any tells of deception.
    3 successes

"I represent an investing group looking to put money into the LLC. We're making sure there aren't any skeletons in their closet that will come to haunt us, should we acquire a position."
    Edward half-lied with ease, he had considered investing in the company, it would not be a bad thing to convert his money into ownership of pieces of the city. The Prince willing, of course.

"If you have any additional information, we would gladly trade for it. There is a budget for contracting out investigations, or if you have some of your own questions you'd like answered, we have a substantial network."

2 successes

@Seryna

Jennifer Hazelton

The person on the phone seems to be telling the truth. The voice was strong and steady. However, Edward could not see the person, which placed Edward at a disadvantage.

"Investing in the LLC? Give me a minute." Keys continue to clack over the phone. "My earlier research suggests that the LLC was legitimate. It had bought a building for the use of a soup kitchen to feed underprivileged people. It had been in use for ten years at the time of my article being published.
    What are your goals for investing in the LLC?"
    The typing on the other side of the phone has stopped. "You read my article, I assume? So you know about the manager being arrested? Nothing too bad and they should be out of jail by now."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward made a noise of agreement as the man repeated Edward's answers as a question.

He was tempted to call this a success, but the typing followed by a question indicated there might be more important information in front of the journalist.

It was essential to catalogue what had been said and unsaid. The mention of a soup kitchen instead of discussing the business itself. There was also the use of the phrase "underprivileged people." Excessive mirroring would be unwise, Journalists also knew how to get information out of people. Opening with mildly bad news might lower the man's guard.

"We are looking to expand our operations into Sacramento. While I am not empowered to share specifics of the business, I can reveal that having and maintaining community goodwill and trust is unusually important. This made the charitable operations of the LLC especially attractive. Do you happen to have the soup kitchen's address on hand? I'd like to inspect the quality of the establishment."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Can I ask what your name is?" The journalist inquires. "And your phone number?"
    "Yeah, of course I can get you the information." There is a brief pause. Keys clacking as information is looked up.

"Can I ask if you are in touch with the current manager? I have been told to contact Maschio. I cannot find any information on a Maschio. Just some definitions in another language."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Edward Heinrich. A pleasure to make your aquientence, Mr. Hernandez." Edward replied. "You can reach me at <number>." If the journalist did some digging, he would find the name and number associated with the CEO of Danse Security, and indeed, this was Edward's public facing number.

"I am not." Edward answered honestly. "They have been... cagey." He laughed a little.

Edward wrote down 'Maschio.' He could have sworn he'd heard that name somewhere.
    He waited for the promised address of the soup kitchen.

Jennifer Hazelton

"You have a contact for setting up the investment with this company? Do you have any names associated with the company?
    I have a possible address,"
    . There is a pause as he speaks with someone on his end. "It was a dummy address?"
    The journalist came back over the phone.
    "I'm going to have to verify something on my end to get you the address. I can call you at this number?". The journalist verified.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Mr. Forten." Edward answered. "However, contacting him has been a challenge."
    Edward didn't bother hiding a sigh at the news it was a dummy address. "That doesn't suprise me, unfortunately."
    "Of course, thank you for your time, Mr. Rennick. Have a good evening."

Edward waited for the parting words to be reciprocated before hanging up.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Excellent. Expect a call back at the number you gave me sometime tomorrow. Good night."
    Closing this scene. Good scene!

9. Likes liked this post
Closed Thread