Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Two Kindred Spirits

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Two Kindred Spirits)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

The two-story salon had an artistic styled sign across the entrance with the name Lotus. The location of the building, nestled on a walkway near other artistic stores, suggests Blushing would be beneficial. The lighting within the salon allowed one to see the space, yet was dim. When you move through the entranceway, a walk-in coat check where Liam waited to accept coats and accessories was to the left. The next door led to a small room with a few seats along the wall, yet mostly open space. A small hallway with two locked doors led to an upstairs area, reserved for a small office area for managing the salon.

There are two open doors visible. A third door remains closed. The first door stands open, revealing a medium sized room with some artwork on the walls to reflect and converse on. Two large glass globes with small openings at the top were just before the hall. Within these globes, lotus flowers floated in clear water.
    The second door leads to a well-appointed study. Jennifer stands beside the door to the study, awaiting Helen. Helen was not Invictus, so Jennifer changed her attire appropriately. Jennifer wore a vintage dress with an irregular collar. A green scarf was tied over it, her diamond and emerald spider pin prominently displayed. Her only other jewelry was the matching green bracelet. Helen would recognize it as a pair to the bracelets that Jennifer had given to Helen and Bellemy.
    Jennifer is Blushed.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

(Blush !)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Back to artsy town it is. It's been some tim ssince Helen's last visit, but then, places like this one aren't supposed to be hard to find. There are still about 4 minutes left as a worn and weathered dark green 1975 Dodge Coronet pulls up and parks on the nearest parking lot. Helen leaves the car and makes her way over to the entrance. She passes Liam with a short greeting, but doesn't check anything in, because, why would she ?

Helen passes the open space and follows the corridor upstairs towards the office area. Again past the first door, she walks straight over to where she spots Jennifer already waiting. With jeans, a bright yellow t-shirt and sneakers, she's way underdressed for the place, or would be normally, but then, they're here off the clock, so to speak. As is, she's only carrying a small paper bag under her arm, big enough for a bottle or something not too much bigger than one.

"Evening !"

She waves as she closes in on her host for the night.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Good evening, Reeve Helen. Please, come into my office." Jennifer suggested as she walked into the tidy office.
    The room was designed as a gentlelady's study. There were two large book cases beside a closed off fireplace against the wall. There were two well-appointed arm chairs with cushions in front of these book cases. It faces a matching couch that could sit three. There was a wooden desk behind the couch, with three reference books on the table. If one looks at the books, one was the Language of Flowers, the second was a book on English language and the third was Occult Witchcraft and Magic An Illustrated History by Christopher Dell.
    There was a small wooden chest, closed, on the table. There are two boxes wrapped in gold paper and tied in a satin green bow on the desk. Jennifer walks over to the desk and pauses beside the chair. She gently indicates the wrapped gifts.
    "These are gifts for your recent appointment to Reeve. Please do accept my congratulations." Her Cursed voice was warm. Jennifer appears to be pleased.
    "I advised that you receive the appointment, and I am very pleased that you have secured the position."

“I wanted to update you on an investigation that I have been attempting, unsuccessfully, to pass off to a motivated Kindred. I originally called it Dropping Bodies, which was wrapped up when I determined no more bodies were being made. Likely because we captured the cryptid and the Kindred known as Angela.
    I now am heading the investigation into finding Forten, the person responsible for the cryptid and Angela’s actions which caused the potential breach with the dead bodies.”

She hands the top folder over to Helen.
    “This is a copy of the report that I send to Seneschal Jack in June.”

File #1

“This is the most recent report that I have sent to Seneschal Jack. I am unaware if Reeve Durant sent him reports, which could help you. If you have questions, I am here to assist. I have been hampered by investigators coming into the investigation, being briefed and at times assisting, only to depart the Domain. Currently, Whip Wells, Priscus Baker and Mr. Heinrich are assisting in the investigation.
    We recently investigated Forten’s night club. I identified someone of interest acting as a body guard for the VIP section. I am also attempting to run down a ghoul who goes by ‘Lottie’ and the license plate of a car.”

Another file was placed beside the first.
    "This is a rough transcript of what was stated by Angela, the Prisoner. Do see Priscus Baker for additional notes."

Transcript
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

As asked to, Helen enters and has a quick look around the room. It's pretty much what she's come to expct from Jennifer and this location, even though maybe some piece of tech or two feel missing. They'd mess with the atmosphere of the place, though...

"Thank you very much for that support, then. I was sort of surprised about that dent in your opinion of me, though. Anyways, there have been some things to straighten out first, but the Seneshal has been very accomodating. Now the thing will be hanging onto the job, I guess. We'll see how well that goes."

She picks up the notes and frowns while skimming the content.

"Lets see if I got all this right... Folks that've been fed from were killed by some cryptid that looks like a cat, but might or might not be a witches familiar or something like that. The cat and a kindred called Angela were taken in at some point, after which the deaths stopped. Investigating some antique shop netted a name, Ashea, and the coterie of Sanchez might have been dispatched to investigate customers of that shop. Whoever's connected with the shop thinks there might be hunters after them, which is us.

The Wrangler: Roderick Singer, a guy who works with Angela. Do we know anything about him ?
    Feather Rivers: Someone called Lottie looks for Angela and seems to have some investigative skills.
    Rapture: Some Forten LLC spreadsheet names some Gilian Keibler who's in on something. Who is she ? Two other people in the room, unknown, but description can be provided.

The cat works with Forten and takes some sort of life forc that he takes from the cat, He calls it to places, might be able to recall it, too and feeds it.
    Angela identified Rapture as a sort of base. Photo suggests she may have dependents. We got any ID on that ? Also confirms Lottie and Ashea are the same person, a ghoul that works for Forten, but isn't sustained by him. Forten has a warehouse where he teaches stuff to people. Some are moving supernaturally fast, some woman and his nephew. We got anything on those ?"

Helen pulls out a notepad and flips through it.

"In how far is that guard a someone of interest ? Looking into ways to get them let folks inside or get some answers ? So what we have at the moment are some leads that might be worth looking into. Forten himself and his nephew, of course. Who is Angela's possible daughter, who are Singer and Keibler ? Have Sanchez and the rest found out anything, same for Perez. Did I forget anything ? THere is a report, but it only goes through some earlier phase and sums up a lot of the stuff you guys started with when you went after Angela and the cat."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I supported you to through official channels because I think you could be a good Reeve. I do want to say that the past reeve vanishing was a bit of a disappointment. I was thinking that you would be interested in learning about the role. I do want to point out that there are investigations in the city that could benefit from your initiative."
    Correct except about the hunters. I do not know what they assume, and I do believe that most of the investigators have remained unknown to our quary.
    I do not know anything about Singer.
    Yes, I have observed Lottie. I could be called out to identify her if you think you have located her. I have the make of the car that she uses that I intend to track down and pass information over to you.

I suggested to the investigators that we visit Rapture."
    A pause as she considers quietly.
    "The others seem to keep their thoughts on the investigation to themselves. Albert followed Conner Wells, who seemed to stare at the VIP section after leaving the group. Mr. Heinrich remained with me. He and i had a good rapport where he supported me verbally, allowing my Curse to remain under the radar and he appeared to be pursuing a lead. While that was happening, I used the gift of the blood to discover that the VIP guard has an aura that signifies that he is a magic user. I have little experience with such people, yet it could explain some of the information we have. Such as people moving so fast and so on. I have been focussing on identifying Lottie and Forten."
    Jennifer states.
    Helen has a lot of questions and Jennifer addresses the ones that she has answers to.

"I would suggest that the investigators be given sections of the investigation to pursue. There is plenty of information that needs to be discovered. I will point out that the report is up to date to the point where Mr. Heinrich, Priscus Baker and Whip Wells and I visited Forten's business of Rapture recently to look for him. I have not spoken to the others since then and they have not given me any information that they discovered. I will pull back from group meetings to run down the information on the car and give it to you.
    Then I am going to be pulling back from this investigation and turning it over to you, as you are the Reeve. I offer my computer research skills and my Blood Gifts to be called in as needed. I could be asked to look for other magic users, if you see that as a valid area to focus on. I have not asked the Mekhet Family if they have been utilizing the Sight."
    A look to Helen. "The investigation is bogged down by investigators joining, being updated, time consumed for meetings and updating new people and then some people leave. I would suggest stream lining that as much as possible going forward, such as appointing Whip Wells or someone to appraise newcomers to the investigation separately, freeing the other investigators and yourself to continue the work. Or anyone that you designate, I chose Wells because he is the one who seems to like to talk more."

"I have some items that were recovered when I assisted in capturing Angela."
    Jennifer takes a computer print out from an envelope and hands it to Helen. The manila folder has the items listed on the sheet within the envelope that Jennifer places in front of Helen.
    Inventory of Items

The two gifts were a brand new Asus laptop, charging cable and a high end carrying bag for the Asus.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Don't get me wrong, I don't give too much on status and stuff, I'm just trying to make what people say to my face and what they say when I'm not in the room fit together."

She shrugs and leaves it at that for now.

"Former Reeve's report makes it sound that way, at least. Hunter wise, I mean."

Listening to things as Jennifer lays them out, it appears they still have a lot of open questions to go after. As she thinks things over, its almost like she can hear the gears over her head.

"So we might have magic users involved that aren't on our team ? Awesome." Not just because Helen has no real idea how that sort of shit works. She looks over the items recovered during the apprehension. It gives her an idea. "Right, so we might end up designating folks to certain areas. Fair enough. What do you think, what areas are the other guys best used for ?"

She leaves a short pause.

"Also, I think I have found something as payment for Capitol Park." She taps the laptop. "Can you teach me how these work ? Basics, innards, the works ?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer notes: "I am not aware of what is in the former Reeve's report."
    "Yes, I have observed one working as a VIP guard at the Rapture night club.
    I do believe that identifying what areas you plan to address is the first step. Let me know what your priorities are and I could give my opinion on Mr. Heinrich, Priscus Baker and Whip Well's interests.

Whip Wells likely has some knowledge of the occult, I believe. You may want to ask him. He could possibly assist in looking for the VIP guard and the implications. The Mekhet Gift of the Blood would likely be critical in locating the guard and other potential magic users."
    I do have an interest in the Lottie's car."
    Jennifer stated.

I can certainly teach you computers, Reeve Kingsley. What level of knowledge do you have now?"
    "As an aside, it may be worth noting that our cousin Bellemy could be interested in helping with the investigation of folks dying downtown. She has a keen interest in the homeless folk."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Zero. I pretty much treat them as fancy typewriters, really. I'm handy around those, though."

She mulls over what she knows for a bit.

"Sounds like it would be best to divvy that stuff up. One, people we need to know more about. That woman, Forten and Forten, Singer, Keibler, Angela's possible kid, that VIP guard, Lottie/Ashea. Two, people we need to talk to, maybe with offering the a room. For now, that's Angela and that cat-thingy. We'll have to see who from group one might move into group two once we know 'em better and might be able to get away with it. The Fortens excluded for now. Places... Feather Rivers, Wrangler, Rapture, that warehouse. Same here, must be careful not to tip folks off, if they aren't already." She pauses, tipping her chin with her finger a few times. As she considers things to build a fitting line of priorities, something Jennifer said earlier flutters back in, distracting her for a bit, as she goes back to and through the report until she finds the bit in question.

"What's O'Brien got to do with this ? He went in with Milton Northbridge ?

Lets see... I'd like you to do some digging on Gilian Keibler and the kid on that photo if you have the time for it. I'd also have you remain in charge of looking after Angela and that cat-thingy for the time being. Singer might be another useful lead, provided that's his real name, but at least we know where to get to him."
    An idea slowly begins to take form. "As for the rest, I'll have to wait for the reports to trickle in. Guess I'll try to see what some others have been up to, too." Mariposa Sanchez and Simone Perez come to mind. "What's your interest in Lottie's car ?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer was slightly surprised that Helen had no computer knowledge. I ought to have checked before presenting the gift, Jennifer thought. Although it did create an excellent opportunity for reciprocating.
    "I will be glad to teach you about computers. Shall we have our first computer lesson this upcoming Wednesday?"
    "I agree, it is vital that each investigator has thier own assignment and that they are responsibile for a section of the investigation."
    Jennifer was quiet for a moment. Had she mentioned Whip O'Brien? She could not recall what she had said.

"Whip O'Brien is not working with me on the capture of Forten." Jennifer went with the plain facts. "Whip Northbridge went to the bar by himself."
    "I will certainly investigate Gillian Kiebler and the child in the photo."
    A leather bound notebook was drawn out of the drawer and Jennifer wrote: Responsible for Gillian Keibler Child in photograph with Angela.

"I shall continue to feed the cryptid and the prisoner Angela." Jennifer confirmed. "The car is tangible." Jennifer replied. "I have the make, model and partial plate from Feather River. That means when I find it, we know that a strong Black woman with it is Lottie and not some lookalike."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I'm not sure I'm free on Wednesday, got a lot of stuffs to do lately, comes with taking on jobs, as it looks. Some things never change, I guess." She chuckles, then picks up some of the pages and leafs through them, looking for something. "There it is. Your June report. 'Whip Northbridge stated that he met a gentleman by the name of Roderick Singer At the Wrangler. Roderick stated that he is waiting for Angela. Roderick invited Whip O'Brien to the Rapture where he would meet with Roderick's friends.' Sounds like O'Brien was there and even if he wasn't, thats a good point for him to pick up on, I guess." She frowns a little as she closes the folder. "Sounds like Bellemy and me might go on a little trip to put an ear to the streets or something like that." She scratches the back of her neck in thought.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread