Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Vanishing: Police Station, Take 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Majesty usage, 3 turns, WP usage 2 turns)Vitae 3 Willpower Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yes, well, Google giveth and Google taketh away, I suppose." He shrugs after a moment. "Sounded better in my head."

"I'll be sure to bring any of them I find in, though I doubt they'll come quietly." He locks eyes with Collins, a small smirk on his face. "Speaking of quiet, you haven't really said anything that isnt about the case. I know this is work and all, but you can lighten up a bit. Tell me what's on your mind."

3 successes
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Add 3 dice to Majesty 2)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Bookkeeping
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

Date Action Roll Result
    2023-01-18 16:46:21 Storyteller rolls 3 to Collins Composure (10 Again) 9, 8, 5 2 successes

" I am focusing because I am at my work place during work hours.
    I think that you don't seem to be very focused on this case. You come to help without bringing evidence that you have in your possession, because your assistant is unavailable. You have claimed to want to help in the past, yet you vanished. Now, you asked for information and then do not provide me with any assistance."

Detective Collins gives a shrug.
    "I don't know what you want."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Revelation

"I want you to understand that I AM trying to help. This was my first time seeing that video, so I didn't know any other evidence would be useful. I do now, and if my assistant can't get it tonight, I'll come back with it tomorrow. I Vanished before because I didn't have anything to go on then; now I have a vehicle and people directly involved in the incident, if we can find them, and after seeing the video I have so much more. At the moment though, all we can do is wait until I can get my own personal evidence back to you. Take it easy and slow, move too fast and we make mistakes, and mistakes mean they get away." He leans back in his chair as he speaks; slowly and methodically. "I am taking this seriously, Detective, I'm this close to catching these guys and I don't want to hurt my chances by rushing."
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

Rollins looks ar Connor for a long moment.
    Had the blood gift worked?
    Yet she speaks, her face appears open. Her skeptical face seems to have melted as she converses.
    "Can you explain take it easy and slow? My boss expects results. I have a report that I am supposed to be writing now. Then a briefing to give at opening tomorrow."

Rollins stated.
    "Excellent. Let's discuss what you have. I have given you my information. You have watched the evidence that I have.

I'm thinking that we should look at abandoned buildings or self storage for signs of the stripped cars by the theater group, or for the hidden ambulance hidden by unknown perpetrators.
    I'm curious about the paperwork that I cannot find from the interview of the witnesses. I know my boss expects me to have fresh ideas tomorrow."

The case files are opened and a laptop is pulled out of a drawer. Collins looks at Connor often, yet she consults the files and begins to type on the computer.

what is Connor's goal? Two rounds left in the scene. I'm leaving for scouts in an hour.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Revelation is supposed to force her to reveal deep feeling or secrets she's been keeping, all while making her think that she's doing it of her own volition. Connor is trying to get something recorded that he can use as blackmail material to get the memory card from her.

"You have missing paperwork, that could mean a multitude of things. I know you may not want to think it, but is it possible that they may already have someone on the inside? Evidence doesn't just vanish. He pauses for a moment, wqtching Collins work. "I've seen other videos like the one you just showed me, and I've heard from others in instances like this. I have statements compiled at my office. These guys always seem like they're one step ahead, we get a lead on them and they go poof. I've had thoughts that they have people feeding them information. I'm asking you to ask your boss to postpone until we can check some stuff out. Fast is messy." He sighs. "Your idea to check abandoned buildings is a good one. If you need more man-power, I can get a small team together to help. It won't be my first time walking into potential danger, and it certainly won't be my last."
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

"Whose on the inside?"
    Collins asked. "The performers? You have evidence that there is corruption in the police department? Your questions on authority. You think it's someone above me? Not me."
    Her words are quick. Emotional. It just couldn't be her that the private detective is accusing.

"Why the delay? There's no threat to the public.
    I'm not going to be able to bring in outside people. I have to use police personnel.
    I don't have the authority to do what you ask."

The detective shares more on the standard operating procedure than she should. Than she ever would to someone as unknown and unreliable as the persona Connor presented.
    "I didn't turn on Thiago once. Yet he assured me that he would never write down false information again.

I made him confess to the Sargent. I did the right thing. I'm not corrupt."

Collins clarified with certainty. She was emotional. Yet Connor knows that she couldn't be lying.
    He also knows that he has been in the police station for over an hour. The time that he has is up.
    Connor departed the police station, the evidence still in Collin' hand.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread