Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Vanishing: Police Station, Take 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor, having left the money for his informant behind the bar at Nuit, finds himself in front of the police station once again. He wills his blood to give his skin the color and warmth of life as he exits his car and makes his way into the doors. In his hand he carries the new credentials he has as a Private Investigator and the slip of paper containing the information that was given to him. This time he's prepared.

Once inside he makes the short walk up to the desk where he draws out his P.I License and speaks "Hello, I'm Sean O'Malley and I'm a Private Investigator. I've spoken to Officer Collins once before, and I'd like to see if I could do so again if she's available."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Bookkeeping
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

Officer Collins steps up to the reception desk. She looks much as she did before: dressed in the uniform and carrying a file folder.
    "Ah yes, the private detective." She nods. Her eyes are appreciative in looking Connor over. Yet her expression did not warm.
    "Follow me, Mr. O'Malley."
    Collins leads the way to the third desk from the reception area. It is in an open-air area and several other people are walking around. She takes a seat and glances at her inbox, which has at least six files in it. Her eyes look down at the file in her hand as she flips it open and glances down the index.

"Have a seat, Mr. O'Malley."
    Now her eyes flicked to his. "You have offered assistance to the Department before." The tone is clipped, no emotion.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt follows Officer Collins to her desk, though the once-over is not lost on him. "Yes, I do apologize for that. I had a thought, and I tend to hyper-fixate when that happens. It was actually helpful though, I've come up with a partial license plate and a description of a vehicle possibly involved in the incident." He says as he takes his seat. His eyes flit around the room, noting the open nature of the area. If we wanted to make his move, he would have to get her alone with the evidence. "If we could, I would like to look over the rest of the evidence, and hopefully that and the information I have can give us some leads to follow."
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

"Yeah, I had expected you to do some help when you offered to actually help." The officer stated dryly. She reads over her report as she listens to Connor.
    "Yeah, how is this vehicle involved in which incident? How are you aware of this involvement?" A pointed look to Connor. "Is there a witness that I should be speaking to? I need some information. Perhaps a sign that you have something for me to go with before you look over evidence."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(+3 to roll for Awe)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The hostility is to be expected; he had promised help and failed to deliver. With a flash of a smile toward the officer, the Haunt wills his blood to fuel his power; 'turning on the charm,' as they say.

4 successes

"Officer Collins, I offered help, and I'm here to deliver. The incident deals with a group of people allegedly flipping cars and causing a scene in the Citrus Heights area, near Rocky's Bar. The witness, who gave me the name Kevin, said the vehicle chased after the perpetrators. He managed to give me a description of the vehicle, one of the inhabitants, and a partial license plate number."

Another flash of a smile toward the Officer. "And while 'Kevin' may be an alias to allow for anonymity... I have a telephone number, and the witness didn't sound like he was far from his phone."
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

The officer leaned forward slightly. An expectant look was given to Connor as she slid a legal pad towards him. "Go ahead and give me the information." She indicates the pad for him to write upon.
    Officer Collins plucks up a manilla folder marked Case #A5171 and flips to a diagram of a street.
    "You want to look over 'the rest of the evidence'? The evidence about the event outside of Rocky's Bar?"
    She clarified, turning the folder so that he could see the diagram. It certainly looked like Rocky's bar. There were pictures that Connor recognized of the overturned vehicle. The folder remained firmly in the police officer's hands for now.

"I know we have a video in the evidence lock up that a witness turned over." She confided. "It is a strange one."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt withdraws his new prepaid phone and writes down the only number he'd called from it so far. "Here's the witness' phone number, and this..." He says as he continues on to write 6TRJ on the legal pad, "is the partial plate for a van involved in the incident. The witness said they chased down the fellows who were flipping the cars. There were two women and a man inside."

The Haunt looks at the folder in Officer Collins' hand and smiles as she mentions that the video is strange. "Strange is my specialty, Officer Collins. Is there somewhere that we can spread this all out, specifically any pictures, so we can look at things in a 'bigger picture' kind of way?"
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

The officer studies Connor for a long beat.
    failure

She is quiet for a moment. Her face softens as she speaks. She writes down the information that Connor passes over. "I am going to go call this number. You can look through this folder while I do so- yet the contents have to stay here." She states firmly.

Officer Collins pulls out a clunky cell phone and steps aside for privacy. She makes a phone call, glancing at Connor occasionally.

If Connor opens the folder, two incident phone logs are on top. One man reports that two days ago from the current date, his car was thrown onto his lawn at 3 AM. The second incident report is from a woman who called in an assault outside of a bar. A follow up report is stapled to this report- a woman, June Tilley, was bitten on the shoulder at approximately 2 AM at a location that Connor recognizes as near Rocky's bar. The woman was treated at a nearby hospital and will recover.
    Setting these aside, he locates the diagram of Rocky's bar with the thrown car. He scans a few pictures of the car and the outcome on the scene. The notes do not seem to suggest that the police believe a single person threw the car.

An evidence log notes that a Jamie Lang brought in a cell phone with coverage of the evening. It is logged as L#103 in the evidence locker. This is likely the phone that Connor is charged with getting!

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt, having looked over the contents of the folder, waits patiently for Officer Collins to finish her call.

"I would like to see this video if that's possible, Officer Collins."
    He says after the officer returns from her call. "A pair of fresh eyes may be just what you need to find something."
    The Vanishing:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread