Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Should've taken a left at Albuquerque

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    L

As Rick barely manages to avoid stumbling over an uneven section of sidewalk he thought to mention that his mein and mantle were at least not so distracting. That seemed like a bad idea, however, and he ultimately opted against it. "Burden's an accurate way to put it, though lacking. And Poe was known more for his ravens if memory serves." His face does grow more serious, however, as his mind drifts to the Freehold's recent problems. "Long story short, the Spring King and his entourage got hit by a drive by outside of the Winter Court's Ascension. He barely survived, and most of the people with him weren't that lucky. And we might have loyalist problems." He neglects to mention just how deeply those problems might run.

L

As he finishes speaking Rick's phone rings. He answers and holds a brief conversation before hanging up. Then he looks over to Faith again. "That was Terri, my girlfriend and the Freehold's Twilight Page. She's on her way over here. apparently HAL, the Autumn King, has something for me to do."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith doesn't really answer the raven remark. Hey, as far as she's concerned, any bird in a storm is good for the creepy vibe. At the mention of Crunk's shooting, she simply remarks,"F**k. Sucks to be him." Once the phone rings, though, she keeps quiet. She'd like to talk, oh how she'd like to, but she knows better.

"Yeah, no worries," she answers after the call ends. "No rest for the wicked and all that. I'll get a hotel for the night and be outta here by morning." That one up ahead looked nice. What did the sign say? Sacramento Sunset. Huh. She hesitates a moment before asking, with just a little shyness in her voice, "Say, mind if I take your number? I just might call you fomr the Big Apple, see how you dealt with those troubles." After all, news from the outside is always good.

L

Rick slides a card with his phone number printed on it from his pocket at the request, something he'd taken to carrying around since he was appointed to his position. The Legate of Mists was a person other people should be able to get in touch with after all. "You may want to reconsider your trip though," he extends the card towards her as he speaks, "I don't think I need to tell anyone like us that fate works in strange ways. And it's tied intimately to the Hedge. So you might want to wonder...why it brought you here instead of NYC."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith takes the card, flipping it over once before slipping it into a pants pocket, listening to Rick speak. Wait, was he trying to give her lessons? "Fate can just go f**k itself. It brought me here to mess with me, so I'm gonna mess right back."And really, is there another reasonable response?

"You're not scaring me out of that trip, you know", she adds with something that sounds like an accusing tone. "This time tomorrow I'll be back home, kicking the asses of whoever tries to tell me I ran off or some shit." As she says those last words she gently, subtly pulls on Rick's sleeve to guide him away from an upcoming pothole. The hand is back at her side by the time she's done speaking though.

L

Rick didn't even seem to notice as he was stared away from the pothole. Such a distracting voice. "Well I wouldn't try to stop you if going back to New York is what you want." Rick shrugs, "I'm just saying that you might want to think about it a little. I wandered halfway across the country myself. Eventually, the time came to settle down. And I haven't regretted it." While he was talking, he took the opportunity to scan the streets for Terri's familiar, welcome, orange-furred form. It was difficult to do while Faith was talking, after all.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Heaven knows how she done it but Terri ran as fast as her little squirrel legs could carry her to meet with Rick, thanks in part to her parkour training. The thought of him talking to another girl made her blood boil. Luckily, it should be covered by the orange fur. Stopping briefly round the corner to catch her breath and look somewhat composed, Terri rounded the corner at a stroll and smiled upon seeing Rick and the new girl.

"Heya," she waved, walking up to the Elemental and planting a kiss on his lips.

Back off bitch, her Beast-mind said.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L

Rick smiled as Terri approached; and was a bit surprised by her choice of greeting, albeit pleasantly so. He let his lips linger on hers for a few pleasurable moments, one arm snaking up to wrap around her back. Unfortunately, this wasn't really a time or place where they could politely hold a kiss for too long. So it was with a touch of reluctance that he pulled back, though his arm remained around her. The golden color of a blush faded quickly form his cheeks, gone by the time he turned so he could see Faith once more. "I mentioned to you that Terri was coming." Then back to the Steepscrambler, "Terri, this is Faith. She's passing through via the Hedge, apparently it was messing with her...by a couple thousand miles or so."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith watches the squirrel girl walk in, only shaking her head slightly as the two kiss. It might bother some people to see intimacy like that, but not this gal, no sirree. In fact, it's kinda hot. Kinda.

"Yeah, you did," she answers Rick. "So you're the birdman's lucky lady, huh?" She looks Terri up and down. Huh, figured a bird would go for something taller. "Your boy's been telling me the local news," she adds, looking Terri straight in the eyes. "It'll make interesting story fodder back home, once I teach the thorns who's boss." Somewhere in the back of her head, the music to the Good the Bad and the Ugly starts playing.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Has he now?" Terri gave Rick a look while breaking Faith's eye contact before turning back to the Fairest. Her ear tufts twitched unknowingly however at her voice. "Yeah, I suppose it will," Terri says as politely as she could. It was still as barbed as the Briars.

"Well, have a safe journey."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread