Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Embers of Summer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia continued to rummage around the table. "You read my mind Rlyeh. I was thinking drinks with a shot chaser. If I can find shot glasses... otherwise its one of this big red cups as a chaser." Talia hoped there would be shot glasses, a big spirit chaser was going to get messy real quick. "So... what sort of Elemental are you?" was it rude to ask? to hell if she knew but she had asked it anyhow. "I am primarily water, fire secondary at least at the moment. Once I have learnt fire I may learn some other elements."
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

2. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Works the cardio, practices the ultimate backup plan too," Circe praises R'Lyeh's career. "And thanks, be it ever so humble, I have pletny of workspace fer mundy works."

"Verily!" Circe cheers in support of that plan, "I got some kiddie cups fer the shots, harder plastic, so that's an answer."

Ah Elementals, yes she was the odd one out. Boring unicorn in comparison to them. "Considering what I am, my elements would be bitch and arrogance," Circe nods as she buts into the conversation. Though with the option of going for fire, she'd a suggestion.

Circe begins getting the finished skewers onto plates, playing hostess to her guests. She'll talk as she delivers the full plates.

"Even with the stuff I deal in," she knows what she has access to, "Military flamethrower is out, too regulated in this state but not freeb. Freebie? I might be able to scrounge ya up something showy that'd make a lot of flames fer ya ta play with, just saying. If ya need something, that might help fer portable fire powers."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

"Kiddy-cup-shots? Sure. yes. Get started with style-flair." she smiles, but then -

A stake through the heart, the roiling tumbling pit of anxiety was. right. Oh nonononononono - "You mean. you mean Contracts. Right?" Curling her fingers into fists, an trying desperately to ignore the - drip-drip-dropping - searing want to Harden her Mask. But she can't. she can't. She needs to be brave. Fierce.

A strangled laugh escapes her. "Isn't that Fairest specific. And not a Circe-Queen-Special?" the defensive sniping question rolls into a laughing sound, which sounds much truer than the last.

"Fancy-upgrade-yes. Over hairspray-and-a-zippo."
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

"Sorry" Talia said sheepishly, R'lyeh had not answered so maybe it was a rude question to ask. Maybe she didn't like to talk about this sort of stuff. At a Summer Pool Party she would be the wave machine. "Portable fire powers, at least while I get better at those particular may be useful. We should set up a Summer Armory..."

Talia picked up the kiddie cups and laid 3 out of the table and started to look at all the alcohol options pondering what would be best.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Right," Circe nods and quickly retrieves more of the harder plastic cups meant for younger children, "Nobody brought the booze that CAN eat this, so should be cool."

And Circe takes a bite out of her own skewer to keep from laughing as R'Lyeh catches on about contracts. Such fun reactions from that one, Circe would miss it once she has the wrath and courage to just say fuck it to social oopsies. As for the Fairest generalization, "Well, gunbunny is more a character trait as I ain't figured out Contract of Gun, nor crafting Tokens, I think Hedgespun don't do of infinite bullets," Circe gives her fellow Summer a very wide smile, "Well, not yet."

She'd heard of self loading bows, not sure if it was from cartoons or a Token, so why not a gun? Circe opens up the cooler to get herself a San Pelligrino juice to mix with her tequila. Wait, armory?

"Ooooh, I already have one," she jerks her thumb back inside as she munches on the skewer. Then puts it done to explain. "Not a super zippo, unless ya count a blow torch, uh, hafta build it, wait," she shakes her hands in the negative, "Off topic. Armory. I have, um, I think armors count fer armory, got those too. I even lend ta folks. Like, uh," her lips move to count without sound, "5 or 6 guns I'd lend plus hardware store surpuls, buuut I have a forge," she explains further. "I can pretty much spin up anything, but better stuff needs ingredients. Metal-like and no better then Iron Sider?" Circe puffs up in pride as she mixes her drink, "I just trade unwanted bones fer spices at the local gobbo mart. Cheap investment, moderate returns."

Empowering the Hedgespun further seemed to need, well, more than that. She should look into Token Crafting at some point.

ooc: Circe does have a sizeable cache of arms and armors, it is a sizeable list.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

The inquiry-line is dropped. Good-great-good. Yes.

She misses the apology. but she laughs at the idea of infinity bullets like an action movie star. Action-Movie-Circe-Queen! "Would no look-walk-away-explosions happen in the background if you do?"

Taking a shot, because yes. They are starting there. And food. Free-food-and-it's-meat! Fresh-not-moldy-meat! Meat!! She might be drooling a little.

"Huh." out loud, thinking about Circe-Queen's sizable armory, and everything else she said. But mostly about the armoury. "...do I need to have an armoury? Do you have an armoury?" looking towards Talia.

Sorry for the wait!
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

9. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho!" A sound the neighbors had gotten used to ignoring echoes out. Those privacy fences really did help. "Yes. I'd use it on a rotary grenade launcher, so yes it would R'Lyeh, oh ho ho ho, after fanculo some dude and everyone near 'em."

The laughter dies down as Circe eats more of her own skewers. Followed by tequila with bitter citrus soda.

As for the questions of armories be required for Summer? "Eh," she waves an empty skewer stick in the air, neither a no shake nor a yes nod with said stick. "If ya got more than, hmm, 3? Yeah," she nods, "3 weapons stored in a spot, then its an armory. Hmm, maybe I should hit up a scrapyard and just see what kinda medieval stuff I can forge up." It'd be a cheap way to get scrap iron to forge into weapons or chest plates.

"And before either of ya ask," she pauses to take a long drink, burping. "Good. Yes, I know how ta cold forge and about star metal iron," her ears droop as she sighs and goes to get a refill on her now empty tequila, "Hard ta find ore, expensive, so its tough ta get some ore," ears perk up as she puns.

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien

Mantle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia Shrugged "I was more thinking a collective Summer Armory, one that belongs to the court rather than a personal stash. You know in case we get new members that go out on patrol and need a loan or shit goes south and its all hands to battle stations we have a storehouse of readily available weapons." It was a thought.

"I have no idea on making weapons if honest. I do wonder if the hedge has some interesting ores though?" another thought, maybe one she didn't want to play around with. Knowing Circe she would find some new ore that every time it was struck it exploded.

12. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

"This side or Hollow-or-both?" it was probably both, right? Right. Wait. "Dose Summer - we - have a Hollow? A court-hollow-not-personal-individual-one?" she asks, because....she didn't know. She knew they - they! - had High Striker in Funderland, but. That was this side. Ironside. Mundane. Not-a-Hollow. Unless it was.

A weight lifts, she didn't know weapon making either. So it wasn't a Requirement to know. Learn. But. "I would-like-learning-knowing-weapon-crafting." because she did. Learning a whole knew field. Feilding new Questions and Answers and - oh! Yes.

14. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Where ta put it is a concern. The Hedge can mess with mechanical stuff," because Circe had one major input on things to include, "So storing guns there could be bad. Or great, they might go magical, but still could be bad. Simpler is better. Revolvers, bolt actions, stuff like the SKS I forgot fer a couple of months, were fine. Theory!" She smiles proudly and readies herself another drink. "If the machine is famous for reliability, the Thorns don't ruin it as quick. Less magical fuck it up, more like using it in an Iron Side jungle. Need a Jeep jeep ta test that."

Circe had researched vehicles for this reason. There was the chance of a Willys Jeep turning into a Transformer like version of the Jeep cartoon character it was named for, but Circe would take that chance IF it was cheap. It wouldn't be cheap.

"Tangent. There is also UnderLand tunnels," Circe holds up her hand to her face in faux whisper as her voice is still loud, "The name is being workshopped. And it might have more poop patrol situations too, not sure."

"Ore-lly?" She smirks at Talia, "Fer sure, but the really good stuff is probably growing off somethin' big and teethy," which was her guess based on the principle of nothing is ever easy. "Ore guarded by dragons, tends ta be how it goes. And whitling isn't hard. Sharpen a stick, ya got a pokey stick, um, no, uh?" She drinks again and thinks, "Spear. That. Mechanicals is harder."

The Summer Hollow? Oh yeah, they had one. At least the barriers she could still sort of feel. "Well, we used ta when we had more members," she stops drinking to get another skewer, "But most bounced. I think my barriers are still active at it, but the rest," she bites the skewer, holding it with her teeth so she can shrug with both hands up. Well, one hand and another holding a glass.

16. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread