Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Granny smiled at Emily and Elizabeth "I am not dodging your question about the state of the city, but call it an old ladies intuition but if I tell you now I have that feeling that I am going to repeat it again later on." Granny pulled out a packet of Werthers Original - Butterscotch hard candies and placed them on the table next to her. "Help yourselves dearies."

"No, something in these old bones tells me more are coming." She offered a wink to the two. "You two mingle, I do love to see people coming together."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

2. Likes liked this post
    Game Stats Tracker
    Fame
    (Prima Ballerina)
    Striking Looks
    (Mischievious)
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Primal Urge
    Elizabeth Wade
    Game Stats Tracker

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

For Elizabeth's part, she was nursing that drink. The glass was sweating like a whore in church. Beginning to leave pool of water on the table. She took sips from it here and there as they talked, but it was clear she wasn't going to be 'knocking them back.' Then again, could you really expect anything less from a follower of Winter Wolf?

Elizabeth nodded at Emily's dismissal of the legacy stuff, but in Elizabeth's mind, she knew it mattered to higher up wolves. Even if Emily wasn't going to lord it over anyones head. Which was good, but it could be useful for a pack later on. The wheels of calculation began to turn in her mind. She chuckled a little. "I had all of that fame and an extremely ridiculous salary before I changed. I had been working my entire life to get to that level in my career. It takes a lot of work, pain, and absolute dedication to achieve Prima Ballerina. I was working toward the vaunted Prima Assoluta when I first changed in front of a small audience that was watching a solo performance of mine. It was blamed on a mad man attacking the performance, and I was the sole survivor. I told them I survived by hiding under the bodies of the dead and playing dead. Luckily they believed me. After that I retired from ballet, and only do charity dances and private dances for those with the cash to afford me." It had been three years since that night. Maybe someday she would start a ballet studio in Sacramento, and teach the very thing she had loved more than anything else in her life. For now she told herself that she had to get better settled into her role as Uratha before such a project made sense. Territory would be key to something like that.

"I am looking to stay, and I am definitely looking to pack up. I figured after I got all the basics down with my Tribe in Alaska, that settling in and getting a pack together or one I could join would be the first priority." She willingly put those cards on the table. It was nice to know that she wanted the same thing that Elizabeth herself did. Relief washed through her, and hope blossomed.

Elizabeth growled softly in her throat at the mention of the Azlu. Fucking spider trash. Those bastards just loved to climb, and completely blot out the Shadow from the world, with the goal to suffocate and kill it. In some ways she preffered the Beshilu. At least then Loci weren't so damn hard to find. The funny thing was the Beshilu and Azlu never fought for turf even though they had the oppsite goals. Filth.

Elizabeth laughed and lobbed some shade right back. "Oh excuse me, but weren't you just saying your game with men was 'abysmal?'" She spread her hands and widened those gorgeous hazel eyes of hers like .. oh hello! "Okay.. so we won't pick up dudes together, but at least we will always be show stopping with our cars anywhere we go!" She said with a laugh nodding. "Yeah, that's my baby. I love the bench seats, as I can sleep in there if I'm just to worn out to drive, and you can literally fit a body in the trunk." Not that she really had to tell Emily that. Being a mechanic, she knew.

She winked at Granny, and just nodded. Okay. So she wanted to hold off a bit.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crescent smirked. Who knew what old Granny had puttogether in her time here. She turned back to the foxy lady at her table.

Emily whistled. "Ouch. That's rough, buddy." She wasn't sure what else to say, so make a joke. Her own transformation had been much simpler - but when you had a Rahu dad watching for all the signs, he was always going to be right there when it happened. "Is... uh... that enough to live by? How well does semi-retired Swan Lake pay? Or are you kinda running off the high life?" Emily privately hoped Lizzy didn't test her on any more ballets because her knowledge was about dried up with tha tone joke.

There's a small nod, and Emily drains the second glass as easy as the first. "Whelp, unless Granny wants the pair of us wrecking her joint, maybe we should think of working together. I've spent the last decade and change learning Rites for the Packs I've had few the ages, so if you need it odds are I've got it rattling around somewhere."

Eyes narrow playfully. Oh, she's got potential. "Welll... maybe I made it sound worse than it was. I know I've scared a few off over the years. But I'm all for giving it a try. And as for cars, they do shows around here from time to time. I'll be sure to give you a shout when they're coming around. I have all kinds of contacts in the car world if she ever needs some ltc. Y'know, prop her up, check underneath, poke around with my tools....." she snorts in laughter. Hi-larious! "Yeah, nothing quite like American muscle. I can show you some of my other works, although they're all works in progress. Hell if you like getting your hands dirty I can show you some of the easier fixes if you like. But I can always keep an eye on her and help her run smooth."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

5. Likes liked this post

Scrapper
    Primal Urge
    Presence
    (Burly)
    Derek Johnston

Bald, thickly bearded and burly looking man in jeans and a leather jacket.

PRE

There is a warm rumble of a motorcycle pulling out front of Club Raven before the engine gets cut. Derek lifts his helmet off and lifts himself up and off of the bike. There's a stretch from the Uratha before he starts to make his way into the club and looks around, his helmet tucked under his arm. He's dressed in a pair of well-loved jeans, worn over the years, and a thick leather jacket over a dark brown t-shirt beneath.

He looks around the room before making his way to order himself a drink. On his way there, he passes near where Elizabeth and Emily are seated and his nostrils flare at the familiar scent of Uratha. He pauses to glance around for a moment before turning his gaze towards them and gives a nod in greeting. "Evening, folks," he says, in a deep rumble before he looks around. More here tonight than I thought there would be.

"Looks rather lively here tonight, don't it?" he adds.

Elodoth Iron Master, Primal Urge 3

7. Likes , liked this post
    Game Stats Tracker
    Fame
    (Prima Ballerina)
    Striking Looks
    (Mischievious)
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Primal Urge
    Elizabeth Wade
    Game Stats Tracker

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I’m running off of a very intelligent investment banker.” She said with an easy grin. “I was making about 260K a year for the last 5 years before I retired, and most of that was invested in aggressive investments that doubled those funds. I mean when we were traveling all my expenses were paid, it made it easy to sock money away. I may have to liquidate some funds, but I’ll be okay for a while. I have an idea percolating to eventually open a ballet studio of my own, using my Fame to get students. That of course requires prime territory…..and I’m sure you see where I am going with this..” She grinned slightly, looking her up and down.

“That’s good cause I know 0 rites. Not even the dedication right, and let me tell you, it's pretty goddamn cold in Alaska at night even in the summer ....”

“That’s good, and I know you won’t screw me over on pricing. That’s always an annoying bit about dealing with humans. They are some greedy assholes.” She paused for a moment and nodded with a smile. “I wouldn’t mind learning how to do some basic maintenance on her. Been thinking of switching out the white leather interior for black, but I always chicken out. For practical reasons black would be better, but the white interior with the white walling on the tires is classic.”

She looked up when the new arrival ambled on in, curiosity burned in her hazel eyes. “That it is. We were just talking about working together and such. Hoping to meet up with other wolves here. We just met, but allow me to introduce you to Emily Makerith, Crescent Moon, Iron Master, and I’m Elizabeth Wade, Gibbous Moon, Storm Lord.”
    There was an air of respect in Elizabeth's tone as she introduced Emily before herself. It was deliberate.

Please don't wait for me in the posting marbles. Feel free to skip me, Granny is happy to hold back and watch a potential new pack be formed. After all, this whatever it is she is knitting is not going to knit its self!
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

10. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Best way to be," Emily smiled at the bearded newcomer.

There was a slightly disgruntled look - not for any reason other reason than that was more money the Ithauer could think of in a regular way. She sighed. "I suppose you're suggesting a gal like me ain't exactly in you're idea of prime real estate?" Fancy money-folks weren't exactly lining up to slum it with the blue-collars like her.

There's a chuckle. "Call it consequences of growig up in a wolf-centric household. My Dad didn't want me returning butt naked if something decided to trigger my fighting reflex." She starts sipping from drink number three - as if she's started slowing to a steadier drinking pace.

There's a lazy shrug. "Eh. People can be greedy too. Or just Asshole-ish. Some industries are men's worlds, and mechanics are one of them." She brightened up. "But I'm happy to do a little private teaching. And as for the leather... personally I always like the black. I know, I know. I appreciate a classic look, but you could always switch the paneling as well. Only costs a little more," she adds teasingly, grinning.

She raises a glass to the new guy, and a slight eyebrow to Lizzie in confusion. She hadn't been introduced in an Uratha context since she was a teenager, and she wasn't completely sure how she felt about it. "Yeah, her. I mean, me."

12. Likes liked this post

Scrapper
    Primal Urge
    Presence
    (Burly)
    Derek Johnston

Bald, thickly bearded and burly looking man in jeans and a leather jacket.

PRE

"Ain't that the truth." Derek gives a nod and a smile back to Emily before going to grab his drink order. He keeps an ear to the conversation before turning back to the table that the two ladies are sitting at. "You mind?" he asks before taking that seat with a soft grunt, setting his bike helmet onto the ground beside him.

The stout man takes a few sips of his Old Fashioned, trying to wash down the taste of the Everclear/Vodka shot with a slight wrinkle of his nose before introducing himself. "I'm Derek Johnston, Elodoth, Iron Masters. Technically a local but I've been out of town for a few years; just got back a few weeks ago. This town has changed a bit, but then I've got new senses since I was last here." he adds with a shrug.

"Either of you have that beaut of an Impala out there?"
    Elodoth Iron Master, Primal Urge 3

14. Likes liked this post
    Game Stats Tracker
    Fame
    (Prima Ballerina)
    Striking Looks
    (Mischievious)
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Primal Urge
    Elizabeth Wade
    Game Stats Tracker

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Elizabeth bursted out laughing at Emily’s assumption. Shaking her head. “Honey… prime real estate is up to us to make it that. I see urban renewal written all over this whole area. All we have to do is start making moves. Clean it up. Make it ours. I can work on getting some big money in here, the kind that will improve the schools, retrofit buildings, and turn the park into a community garden rather than crack scoring for dummies. We aren’t human, we can also clear the shadow to allow other influences to thrive here. It’s a lot more work than starting out in a nice area, I’ll give you that, but it can be made into our image.” Elizabeth also had ideals. Non human ones. She didn’t shirk her duties, and understood what needed to be done.

“I will do it then. With you holding my hand through the restoration, it might even be painless for me for the first time in my life! I love that damn car too much. I spent a lot of money getting her up to ship shape. Lovingly had that bad girl restored to her former glory. She was wasting away in a field with nothing but a tarp over her.”

At the ‘you mind’ question Derek posed, Elizabeth slouched to kick out a chair across from Emily and herself. Answering the inquiry with decisive action an easy grin on her face. “By all means Derek.” She paused to finally finish her drink. Getting thirsty from all this yacking.

“She’s mine. Emily just generously offered to help me go from the classic white interior to all black. Still keeping everything else the same though.”

16. Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pale blue eyes look up to Derek. "Nope. Be our guest," the Crescent waves a hand lazily at the chair.

"So... how long have you been away, Derek?" There's another long swig from her drink. "Nice to meet another local. Even if I thought the Mustang was better...." Emily replies, sticking her tongue out cheekily to Elizabeth. "How long you been in the Masters?"

A thin eyebrow arches a little. Sounded like the Storm Lord had huge plans already. "Just don't scare my weed dealer off, okay? A lot of the area around were I am... well, it's not bad? But it's blue-collar. Trades, rather than city industries. If you're happy with that, well... sounds like you have the money to get it started."

The Crescent always loved her car-talk. "Sure, I get that. Especially when you do it yourself - it's something to take pride in, y'know?" There's a smirk. Former glory? Ship Shape? "I'll be the judge of that. I've restored enough rough diamonds like that - It's a passion for me, not just a job. Fix them up and sell them on, purring off the garage like my own little legacies. Colours, shaped... but there's nothing like a V8 to work on. Takes a lot of time but the end is a thing of beauty."

The third drink is finished off with that same well-practiced motion, like the Ithaeur is still trying to chase some long-forgotten buzz. She roots around in her pockets and pulls out 3 battered business cards ams chucks them idly on the table. "Even if you don't want my number, I'd like the business." She grins easily.

18. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last