(Confidants) A delicate matter part One

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al hesitated. He wanted to explain, as his father had explained to him why acts against law and order were as an attack against the thin veneer of civility that separated honest educated men from anomic barbarians consequently automatically also morally wrong. They had to be. But it might be seen as condescending and superiors didn't like being publically condescended to. She might think differently about that matter. The importance of the unity of morals and law and order might be a concept she didn't care about as much as he did. And thus he didn't voice the explanation that lingered on the tip of his tongue and wanted to be heard.

"Yes, Your Grace."

As he thoguht there was a subtle undertone in the Prince's speech that sounded like 'You haven't been asked, so shut up', he did, dividing his attention between the music and the conversation, in case it he might be asked to add a word or two to the matter. But mostly it seemed he wasn't really necessary for the matter at hand... at least for now.

Jennifer Hazelton

The Kindred shot Albert a warning look. Her attention returned to and stayed with the Prince.

"I have no allies in Florida, Your Grace. The one who pursues me is the grand childe of a Baron, and the childe of a respected Lady. She is quite formidible.
    I suspected that I was set up by an old enemy, sisters who have pursued me for quite some time. Who do not adhere to common sense or practical matters, who are set to see me laid low for slights long left in the past.

I was stupid to run."
    Eyes downcast for a moment. Yet she met the Prince's gaze again. "Yet I did not feel that I would meet a fair challenge, with the word of an average, unconnected Gangrel versus such powerful and connected Kindred.
    I do not seek special favors, Your Grace. I only hope for the same chance as everyone else."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sounded like this could turn into something both curious and entertaining.

“I wonder, do you seek safety here to attempt to clear your name? Or do you intend to go into hiding? I ask because should someone come looking for you, with evidence of your guilt, I will not protect you.” If she was guilty of something, she would have to face it. “Will Dr Baker be helping you clear your name?” dark eyes flicker to the Haunt, then back to the other Savage. “I want to know what the long-term goal here is.” She came to the Domain being sought by another Domain, one couldn’t blame the Italian for being cautious.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al ignored the warning look with long practiced casuality, before returning to splitting his attention between the music and the conversation, unless asked to take an active part in it. Beginning to feel superfluous he began to wish it would be acceptable to bring literature to such a meeting just for a case like this.

Jennifer Hazelton

The Kindred considers for a moment. A long moment. When she speaks, there is care in her words. She appears to be open and honest.

"I do hope to clear my name, Alder Prince." The Kindred spoke, looking directly at Alessandra. "I know a friend remains behind in the Domain that I left, looking for information on how this could have occured. I hope to find a reason that I would be implicated in such a nasty business."
    The newcomer to Sacramento looked to Albert as he was mentioned. "Yes, Your Grace."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a slow nod as she listened. “Running typically works against proving one’s innocence.” It certainly wouldn’t make her look any less guilty.

Dark eyes to Albert, “Are you willing to take on the responsibility of speaking for her and keeping her in line? Now, I would think carefully, because should she bring danger to my Domain, or cause trouble, I will hold you personally responsible.” Only fair to give him the heads up.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al thought for a while. There were arguments for and against it. Most of the arguments for taking the responsibility amounted to the facts that a) he owed Sam quite a few favours, b) should the harpies come to this domain and actually cause enough trouble to force the Prince to get involved he would be on a very sticky wicket anyways and c) it wasn't proper to leave the childe of his best friend without help, even without taking a) into account. Finally having come to a conclusion, he nodded, noticably more tense than before.

"Yes, Your Grace. I understand the consequences and am willing to take the responsibility."

Relaxing a bit he leaned back and listened to the music while thinking about whether when the worst happened what would be the better choice.

Jennifer Hazelton

The woman nods, apearing solemn. "Yes, it does, Your Grace. I have been humbled by the experience."
    As Baker speaks, some tension seems to lessen in the woman's face. Her eyes return to the Prince, holding her body as attentive to the Prince, and her lowered head as one of chastisement. Although she meets the Prince's eyes when spoken to, still adhering to basic manners.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She hadn’t been expecting him to say no, he made it sound like it was important to him. Well, some guy he knew, this girls Sire. He must trust Baker if he sent her to him. Would she get the whole story? Who knows.

The tension was noted, but not spoken of. He brought this responsibility upon himself.

Reaching into her desk, she pulls out a folder and places it in front of Ruby, “These are the Laws to the Domain, know them, and don’t break them.” Ale didn’t want to ash another Savage, but she would. “I will grant you a temporary Acknowledgement for two months, if after that time you haven’t cleared up your mess, then we can meet to discuss extending it. Now, do you understand the Laws and agree to uphold them, swearing loyalty to myself, those of my Court and this Domain?” dark eyes looking at Ruby.

Jennifer Hazelton

The Gangrel took the folder and opened it. Ruby took careful note of each law. When she was satisfied that they were truly memorized, she looked to the Prince.
    "I understand, Your Grace. I, Ruby Rowland of clan Gangrel, do swear to obey these Laws. I swear loyalty to the Prince Alessandra, to the Prince's Court and to the Domain of Sacramento." She stated solemnly and with great respect.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread