Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Evening observations

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 1, 2022 : (2210) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He cracked a grin. It was always the subtlest of buttons but the Prince seems to have her fangs set on the idea of a shake up, "I look forward to what is to come." Probably... maybe.

"I had kicked around the idea of some kind of competition or tournament to spark conversation for a few months..." he at least wanted to offer an idea. "Something skills based... or perhaps even multiple skills?" just pitching out ideas.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Traditions had never really been her thing. She understood them and respected them, but they just didn’t do anything for her.

“Maybe.” Could anyone look forward to a Savage Prince calculating?

“Seems there have been others of like mind Seneschal Jacque.” Without looking to Jenn, what was talked about had been in private. But this would give Jenn the chance to share her ideas with the Lord, and maybe, together, make a spectacular Court. “Having attended such a Court in the past, I can speak for the excitement of such an evening. I withheld from the activities, as I felt my skill set put me above the rest, there was obvious enjoyment by all.” Her skills with her guns were remarkable, well, to her anyways. “I would welcome such a Court. Tell me, what skills or events were you thinking about?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Had Jack been reading thier mail? Jennifer wondered for a moment. What a clever Kindred, she speculated.
    Jennifer picked between the lines of what the Prince was saying. The past meeting was on her mind as she glances to Jack.
    "I have a thought of designing contests around my strengths to challenge attendees. I know that I will participate in another's challenge, even if I won't fare well. Participation is enjoyable in these ideas." A smile to offset her slithering voice.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I was thinking of something to help showcase a variety of the Domain's skill," he thought for a moment, "Fencing, hand to hand, chess and possibly even debate. Something that gives all Kindred the opportunity to take the spotlight."

"It could even be split into two different courts to allow for better focus."
    ​Just spitballing ideas at this point.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Would you just be looking to challenge others to beat you? Or simply wanting to show off where your skills lie?” she asks. “I see no issues planning challenges that focus around ones strengths, but I wonder if others would want to partake. See, I know where my weaknesses lie, and putting them on display for the Domain as a whole would be ill advised. So I hope not everything will be planned to only one Kindreds strengths over another.” There was no judgement, and actually, there was nothing in her voice. She was just stating what she thought.

Fencing? Her mind going over what she knew of the sport, remembering that the weapons were tipped. “Would the gear be something you would provide or would it rest on the Court to provide it?” she asks, curious. She had no issues getting it if needed. “Hand to hand might prove insightful, a chance to gauge if training needs to offered.” Would she partake? Probably not. "How does one judge who wins a debate?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I would participate in such a competition. Even if I show poorly, participation by Prisci would likely encourage others to do so.

I have been thinking on devising contests after my own interests. I personally would not be challanging anyone to best me, personally. Yet to achieve some goal. Perhaps to travel through a difficult course, for example."

She was quiet a moment, considering the possibilities.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That's clever," the Lord remarked. It was a different idea.

There were a few smartass things he considered responding with on the rare talk of weakness, but he decided against it in the end.

"I have no qualms with supplying equipment. It is better in the long run to dissuade cheating." He considered her followup question, "Two opposing viewpoints are laid out and whomever can put forth the strongest argument likely wins."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

But not this Priscus. Not that she had any weaknesses, but she didn’t see many wanting to go up against her in anything. Unless it was knitting or some weird shit like that.

A look to Jenn, “So something you enjoy, but want to see how others fare with it?” that sounded a bit better than her designing contests just to show people up. Which she understood, she just didn’t see it as appropriate for Court.

Nodding, “Then I’ll leave that to you.” It sounded like he was willing. And if not, well, task was with him now. “Hmm, now that is interesting. I think that’s something I would enjoy watching.” Words were never a strong point for her. Well, making them flowered and swaying anyways. Maybe there would be things she would pick up from such a display.

“Is this something you would like to work on together?” is sounded like a question, but they would know it wasn’t. They both had ideas and working together might draw some very exciting events.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered quietly for a moment. She had not devoted much time to the development of her ideas sine the idea was initially brought up.
    "Yes, Your Grace. I likely will talk to others to determine where strengths lie."
    She has always been discreetly gathering information, yet she was curious what others would offer up.

"As a public contest only works if someone was willing to step into a public display of skill.

Perhaps that would be beneficial. I do need to develop my ideas further."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread