Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The night was young and preparations had been made for the Seneschal's guest this evening: Helen Kingsley

It was often humid but on the river you could really feel it- if you cared to. Jack's boat was tied to the longest dock at the Sacramento yacht club and a gangplank extended from the stern. Dim lights highlighted most of the vessel's open areas, and the surrounding waters were lit up from submerged flood lights.

Jack's ghoul waited dockside for the arrival of Helen.

Blood Hunt:

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

bookkeeping for blush

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

(Blush !)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Yacht club, eh ?

Well, its something different, for a change ! Helen for one is more of an inland kid. She knows how to swim and all that, but she's not that much into boating and has her aptitudes in other areas, really. Still, she feels pretty much out of place, but then, given the place, it's not that surprising. The humidity adds to the atmosphere, but that's not too bad.

Description of the way in hand, Helen makes her way through the mass of ways, huts and piers until she arrives at one that matches the description. The boat as such looks like about, what, 50 meters ? Looking at who she's going to visit, it checks out.

So she walks up to where she sees what she assumes to be the reception commando, greets the woman and sees where things'll go from there.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Upon Helen's approach Jack's ghoul lowered her eyes- a sign of submissiveness to the approaching predator. She gestured to follow her through the boat.

After a turn around the promenade and up some stairs, you see Jack waiting on some seating at the back of the flybridge deck. In his hand was a glass with metallic stones and an amber liquid. On the table in front of him a bottle with a jack of clubs on the label.

Seeing his guest arrive, he turned his attention to her. His own beast gnashed in the presence of her own, but the Lord subdued the primal urge and acted the proper host, "Good evening, Ms Kingsley. I must confess, I've been quite looking forward to this." He shifted his posture to point to an open bar in the middle of the deck, "Do you indulge?" Or even if she did, would she?

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Ah, yes, there's always that.

Helen does follow little Dilcey through the boat, around some turn and up the stairs, where she finds the host of the night. It takes a bit to bite back the reaction his presence makes well up, but in the end, she manages.

"Good evening, it's been some time, Sir. Also, nice boat you got here."
    She doesn't bother to try and think on how long it's been exactly, that's not important right now. "Because I left that much of an impression or because of what's brought us together ?" Not that she really expects an answer to that. Instead she follows his indication towards the bar and does a quick survey on what's in it. "Maybe, haven't decided yet. Maybe I won't be here long enogh to afford one, really." At least if the last discussion is any measure. One of the bottles does catch her interest, she picks it out to inspect it closer. "You know what, scratch that, I think I just might." She fixes herself a drink and goes to have a seat.

"Sssssoooo... Gotta admit, I only half-expected to get my reply from you."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you," he accepted the compliment to his boat with an air of pride. He tilted his head in thought, "Well, discussions like this end up being the culmination of more than just a singular reason."

The debate quickly ended he waves his hand in a permitting gesture for her to take what she liked, "Me personally or a response at all?" It was hard to say for a number of reasons between Alessandra and himself. As the conversation was clearly beginning, Jack's ghoul disappeared to the lower decks and after a few moments the boat began to make its course down the river. "From the sounds of your letter, you wished to know how to best serve as Reeve without stepping on toes and maybe even a splash of ensuring you knew what would be expected of you?" He sipped his drink, but his eye never wandered far from the Haunt... or her shadow. "Is that about right, Helen?"

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"You personally. I mean, if the Prince isn't free for this kind of stuff, I was pretty sure she'd kick it down the ladder a bit, so pretty much to you. The question only was how far down the ladder that thing goes before there'd be a response, I mean, there aren't too many folks down that chain and no reply at all'd send a pretty bad message."

She looks out over the river. This reminds her of one of her last riverboat meetings. Only this time, it looks like no one would leave the meet through glass and go home swimming. Ah, good times !

"Eh, the last time I asked about anything domain-specific, my question wasn't answered and I was asked whether I knew what the standard duties are." Helen shrugs. "I know those. I guess what I wanted to get across is that I'm interested in the more specific stuffs that might be unique to this place or deviate from standard profile, but I'm pretty much not interested to buy the virgin in the skirt. Offices can be sticky stuff, after all. But yeah, anything helps, I like to make informed decisions sometimes."

She notices the way he addresses her and shortly wonders, what ditch they've been laying in together, but then, with their difference in rank, the bigger question is whether that stuff is a good or a bad sign, really...

8. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

(imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes it would," he agreed with her assessment- probably more than she would ever know.

"I'm sure I could have answered that question in a letter, but I figured a conversation would do more good in this context." The Lord thought for a moment before he continued, "I will answer that question before our night is over, but I'd like you to first indulge one of my own questions."

He only paused for the moment to wind up the question, clearly not waiting for an unneeded permission, "What do you see as Sacramento's most glaring opportunity?"

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

((Imbibe))Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

"Lack of personnel."

Okay, didn't exactly sound like an opportunity most likely.

"I guess I could talk about the cartloads of free places there to inhabit. I mean, if I want to and don't go about it too dumb, I guess I could go out, pick up some piece of real estate outside the fancy bits and make my own small domain all for myself. Hell, if I'm halfway smart about it, it could be years until someone notices, if at all. Like the guys at Arkwright. People hadn't stumbled over them, we still wouldn't know they're there.And these guys still wouldn't know the town has a court. Not that they'd care that much either way."

She shrugs again. Max also somewhat comes to mind.

"There's alot of domain functions not filled that are basically up for the taking. There's little if any political conflicts... As long as I either keep my head down or toe the line, I could prety much do what I want. All great stuff, but in the end, it's just a function of the low number of folks in the domain. Or the folks that count anyway. Little infighting, little oversight, little government. Take your pick. And that's pretty much what every opprtunity a newcomer has trickles down from. Because the stuff that normally would be taken ain't. Or is, but often enough in name only."

She takes a swig from the glass in her hand while she wonders where this will lead. She's pretty sure Jack is about to lead down a road towards a point.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

His lipped cracked into a grin. He wasn't exactly fishing for a particular answer but if he was- that would have been it.

"Indeed, I imagine that's very possible," another sip as he corrected himself with a shrug, "...probable."

"It feels like we have been longer without a Reeve than with one in the last several years," Moretti as far as he could remember was the last one who held the position for more than a few weeks. "It has been relatively quiet politically. Sure, there's the occasional drifter that comes through seeking acknowledgement while proudly declaring," finger quotes "fuck the Invictus" and a quick flick of his wrist, "And they're quite shocked when nobody rolls out the red carpet."

"There may not always be a need for a Herald or a Harpy or even a Keeper but there's always something to be gained from good talent acting as Reeve and I have no intention of Sacramento's being in name only," a topic that was all too fresh in his mind. "Aside from the main function of a Reeve, I expect consistent reports or updates on matters they are overseeing in the Domain. I like to be well informed so I can see larger patterns whether it be in challenges to our Domain or the engagement of our Kindred." His tone suggested this was the opening of other bullets.

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread