Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nodded along as both Konstantin and Regina volounteered their assistance with refreshments. She paused at Regina's idea of matching costumes, to think about the concept. Part of her disliked the idea immediatly. She had matched outfits with Asa and Ishani at the last court and was in the mood to reclaim herself, and as Daeva one of the best ways to do such was through her clothes. Another part of her though approved of the concept. Underlying the theme of the sky was a bigger more important theme, and that was Invictus power. And this would indeed be a show of it.

She turned to Regina, "Would you be able to coordinate such attire for us?"

A third voice drew her attention back to the topic of food. Another offer of assistance. One that was quickly shot down though, but not by her or either advisor. By Victoria.

*She certainly is one to speak her mind.* Twist thought wryly as she refrained from interrupting the small debate occuring in their midst. *First to the Prince, then at Court, and this is the second time here. Here status as Priscus gives her leeway but Dr. Lazarus has been in the city longer. Hmmm...I wonder what her tongue will be like later.* She let her mind wander as she watched and waited. Finally a break came.

"Classical sounds like a more fitting style." *Swing jazz? What is that?* "Which of you two can work to provide it?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Dr. Lazarus seemed to be a fountain of social attempts this evening. Although some of his acts were not considered the best ideas, it was still clear that he was trying -- unlike every other time before. He was on a roll now and did not intend to stop.

"Over the years I have spent little of my wealth and thus have acquired much through savings alone." Lazarus said, thinking to his decades of unspent paychecks from the Asylum merely sitting in a bank vault somewhere. "It would be my pleasure to purchase the music for the evening."

Perhaps they are able to provide talented musicians though, in that case they would prefer live music...

"Or, if it is preferred to have live entertainment, it would be an equally effortless gesture on my part to purchase new instruments."

Regina Pia

PRE

"I would be most happy to Viscountess." She turns to the rest of the Invictus. Now who was she going to throw herself on to get the money for it? hmmm... perhaps Twist herself? "I will of course need to see everyone within the next few days to acquire their measurements. It would be extremely uncouth if any of our outfits fitted improperly. I will send Nami by to collect all of the measurements; or if you prefer, you may simply send you measurements to me."

Arnold has long since sat back in his chair, attempting to relax while watching the debates and deliberations going on around him. The women seemed to be pleased enough to hammer out the aesthetic details. That is the women and Lazarus, surprisingly enough. Still, it was refreshing to see the man making attempts to help with the organization and planning, even if it seemed that he was unaccustomed to the practice.

Beholding the exchange between Victoria and Lazarus a small smile plays across his lips. While it was important during such times for the Covenant to remain unified, it was still interesting to see the Kindred clash. A clash of wit and words and then straight back to business. Ah, now this was the Invictus.

He does speak up, though, when Lazarus mentions live entertainment. His voice taking on a conversational tone - without any obvious hint of rebuke or condescension.

"It is good of you to offer to provide the music for Court, Mister Lazarus. Perhaps I do not understand the concept, however, but unless you count skilled musicians amongst the patients under your 'care,' then I think that live music is simply too dangerous in terms of the Masquerade. I do not believe it can be done. That is not to say that, if it could be done without risk, that it would not be a marvelous addition to Court, of course."

He looked around to see what the others thought.
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

Konstantin thinks on Arnold's words for a moment, then says "This will be an Invictus court, but we might draw on some of the other kindred for entertainment, to show we think they have place as well. The Prince seemed to like the singing of the blind Crone at last court... perhaps she could sing over a recording, maybe one done for the occasion, by musicians paid for but who would not be at Court. This way, we present something new, but no risk to Masquerade." He looks at Arnold and Lazarus, finally at Twist.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist dropped her head to Regina, accepting that she would handle the clothing for the event.

It was reassuring to hear Arnold speak his mind, she trusted him and his subtle support of the idea was bolstering.

She shook her head slowly though to Konstantin's idea, "No I think not. While I will agree that the music selections where quite excellent," she glanced briefly at Regina with a smile, "we are running with the idea of our power in the city. By seeking for help outside of our covenant we are showing that we are not strong enough to host court ourselves. While I don't believe this was the case for the Crone, it will be for us."

She pulled on of the papers showing the blueprint of the room closer toward her.

"How about a compromise of sorts? A live band is indeed too dangerous, but I think we all would prefer that. I can easily add an adjoining room here," she indicated a spot to the side of the Court room, "and seperate it from the main room by plexiglass and soundproof it. With my theater I have the ability to set up sound equipment so the music from the room is projected through the court room. I am sure we can find a band that for the right price will be willing to play for a room of people they can't see?"

Regina Pia

PRE

"I hope so. Indeed, while it is sub-optimal, I would not consider any court to be held by the Invictus if how do they say, boxed? music is played." For once, her english shows itself to be slightly incomplete. Perhaps she meant 'canned'? music?

Regina Pia

PRE

"All told though, I am in great support of the Viscountess' plan."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Not hearing any of the others speak up against her, Twist nodded her head once. "Then it is decided. Now- who will procur the band?"

Once again, Ith Lazarus takes another social stride. "If someone is able to find a band willing to preform under such circumstances, I will be willing to pay for their performance."

The Warden found himself thinking again of his decades worth of bi-weekly paychecks sitting in his bank account. Harold's paychecks too, and Wilson's, they had no life outside of the Asylum...and their income was nothing more than an extension of his.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread