A meeting between Prisci

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded again with a wistful smile remembering how unfriendly the Reverend had become once his grandsons had volunteered... He had been just a man with all that entails after all...

"Indeed, even though 'turn the other cheek' and 'love your neighbour as you love yourself' are sometimes quite hard to do with the wrong neighbours... But as Reverend Pennyfather used to say:'Some things aren't meant to be easy...'"

The frown smoothened a bitthough it still stayed. So it had been Priscus 'By the way we don't teach our gift to others' Durand... Interesting...

"I see... I wonder why..."

The matter of which language was best for reading occult texts rwquired some thought and for a while the room was silent before he had an answer.

"Academic texts of the occult... It depends on the subject though I'd say Latin would be good, as many academic texts were written in Latin and it is relatively easy to learn compared with Greek, Arabic or Hebrew..."

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Eh, I was never good at turn the other cheek. Too much pride." Jennifer replies. "Yet you are right. Discipline and faith are not meant to be easy.

As to why the former Priscus taught me? I could not say. I asked her to teach me so that I could be my best in some important matters. I taught her something that would serve her well in turn. As she is no longer here, I could not speculate on her motives.
    Yet she was a good ally to me. She took a wound to protect me from Angela."

Jennifer nods at the new information.
    "I shall endeavor to learn these. Perhaps you and I could meet and you could teach me Latin. Perhaps I know something that would benefit you."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded. Many were too proud to turn the other cheek, himself not excluded. The little faults of Man... He could say much about that at this point but decided against it.

"Indeed."

Listening to Jennifers words he smiled faintly with a conciliatory gesture.

"I don't question that, I just wonder about it..."

Again he nodded taking a notebook out of his pocket and writing a note into it.

"That we can do. I'd gladly teach you."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listens to the Mekhet Priscus, nodding slightly to indicate that she was actively listening.

As he did not continue the topics, she did not add additional comments. As he responded favorably to her idea, she replies.
    "I would appreciate that, Priscus Baker. I shall inform my Clan that we are formally allies of your Clan.

Do you have other concerns?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded and thought for a while before speaking.

"There would be the matter of the files in the causa Forten, but apart from that, I can't think of something right now"

After a short pause he spoke again with a faint smile.

"Should you have any matters, I'd be glad to hear them..."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, we should discuss the Forten issue. I have laid plans to meet Whip Wells and Mr. Heinrich at the club tomorrow. I was hoping that you could write up the notes that you were taking at the interview with Angela and give the investigators a copy?"

Jennifer suggested. A written record was something that she valued.

"I presumed that you would not wish to come to the club. Unless you do." Jennifer paused to see if Albert wished to correct the assumption.
    "Perhaps you could continue to chase down the leads that we uncovered with Angela while the others and I are at the club.
    I am sure that you could continue the investigation independently for a bit.

I did speak with Madame Hamura about finding the child in the photograph with Angela. I may have told her more of my thoughts on what that could mean. Perhaps you two could meet and bring one another up to speed?
    I was hopeful that all the investigators could meet at the beginning of December to update one another and move forward with the plan together. What do you think?"

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded on the point of diving the others copies of his notes. Then he seemed to remember something.

"I'll do that gladly. You wanted to give me the notes for the first interrogation if I remember correctly, right?"

On the topic of the club he frowned, but after a while the frown gradually smoothend into a normal calm expresion again.

"I do suppose it's one of those places where they assault the visitors with this electronic noise that some people call music?"

He paused and pondered the matter for a couple of minutes before speaking on, his tone suggesting the dreaded question: 'how bad can that actually be?'.

"Another pair of eyes might be good and I've neglected leaving my comfort zone for a while as well. I'll be there, if that's no problem to you."

"I can certainly contact her and see what results we might achieve by combining thoughts. Should she be unavailable though I'd get back to you for your thoughts."

Again he thought, took a small book out of a cardigan pocket and flipped through it before nodding.

"Good. The exact where and when will be detailed then, I assume?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gave a small smile. Not mocking, yet understanding.
    "It looks to play modern music, yes.

I would like to have you come with the group. No problem at all. You are a valuable help to the investigation, Priscus Baker.
    Feel free to vall me 'Jenna' at the club. The club is Rapture.

Ah yes, I need to finish updating the original notes. I found some errors when I handed them to Mr. Heinrich. I shall work on revising the notes and shall get the notes to you.

Good, I think that two heads are better than one. You have a good plan.
    We can expect to meet you at the front of club Rapture? "
    Jennifer verified.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded though he didn't answer the quio at modern music and his reaction to the comment that he was a valuable help was a smile.Then that smile became a bit strained once he was asked to simulate a first-name basis at this nightclub, which normally wasn't something he did anymore except with Sam and Ruby.

"I will try that though I'm not used to a first-name basis."

When the notes were promised once they were corrected and his plan evaluated as good, the smile lost the strain.

"Thank you."

Finally he was asked, for clarification, if he could be expected at the club and he nodded.

"You can expect to meet me there, yes."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Excellent, I will look for you there, then. " Jennifer nods to Albert.
    'I believe that we have discussed everything that we need to. Thank you for the evening of conversation.
    It was most illuminating.
    I shall inform my family of what we decided here tonight.
    It is rather late. I'll see you tomorrow evening, Priscus Baker."

Jennifer gave the Priscus a nod of respect and rose. With a final glance of curiosity at the photographs, the Nosferatu Priscus headed out into the night.
    It was late and there was much to do for tomorrow.

Jennifer leaves the scene
    Ooc:. Thanks for a great scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread