Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
PRP: A little bit of hocus pocus part 2a

Aug 12, 2022 : PRP - A little bit of Hocus Pocus Part 1
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Nothing to add.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Olivia stood up and moved towards the bed. She paused for a second and took a deep sigh before pulling a box out from under her bed. She reached in, pulling out three books and notebook. She carried them back to the table and placed them on the table with a thud.
    • Wicca: The Encyclopaedia of Modern Witchcraft
    • Wicca: A guide to your success
    • Mistress Selene's guide to Wiccan Altars and ritual magic.
    Olivia looked down at the books. "You see... we kind of got into Wicca last semester. I mean none of us actually believed it, but you know how it goes. We thought it might make us edgy and cool." she shrugged. "It became more than that, it became a group bonding activity and made Chess club feel like a secret society." Oliva paused as she picked up a water bottle and took a sip. "These books, they are written for the gullible or so we thought. We decided to design our own group ritual to give us success in exams and assignments." Oliva took a deep breath "We found that it actually helped calm some of us from the stresses of assignments and exams. But this time we decided to create our own ritual."

"Now I know you think I am crazy, but we did the ritual we designed." another deep breath as Oliva tried to remain calm. "Only, something went wrong. A portal opened in the middle of the room half way through the meeting. We stopped, instantly and it took a few minutes but the portal closed." She gulped "But something escaped and it has been hunting us down ever since."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

3. Likes liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Leaning in, Witch quickly scanned the titles of the books. They weren't immediately alarming. She herself could attest to that.

But as Olivia spoke, it was all too easy to follow the train of events.

"Shit," she breathed. It would sound like a neutral enough exclamation at the story. But in reality, it was definitely a much more vehement Shit! Fuck! How did they?? in her head.

Working to keep her voice ... appropriate, calm but also suitably awe-struck in the classical sense of the word, she looked to Olivia. "Did you ... did you actually see something escape?"

At least Corn wasn't Free Council but what she wouldn't have given for a fellow Guardian at that point.

Stats

Equipment

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn does a fairly good job in keeping his features calm despite his growing unease.
    2 successes

A breach. This woman is now aware that the supernatural exists. Is she a sleeper still? Hopefully yes. But the way forward is much more perilous when the woman is aware that such things exist while Corn has spent his entire time among sleepers pretending he doesn't even believe in ghosts.
    And then, there's the elephant in the room: These kids did something and that something may have worked. What was that something?

Besides himself, Corn's mind races to possibilities - and there are too many. He spoke slowly, carefully to not say too much, thinking every word. Not his usual way of talking.
    "Olivia, let's examine that incident as detachedly as possible. Do you remember what your group did?" he didn't say 'coven' but that's what they were, "what words you used? What tools? I am not saying I am ready to believe in the supernatural but clues on to what may have happened, can certainly be found by the actions of the participants and the tools used. Is the ritual somewhere that we can read it?"
    Now, the harder part...
    "And more importantly, did it come by the group as a whole or one of the participants seemed to think or know most of the details? Or perhaps 'help' the rest of you come up with the ritual? I am not saying there's necessarily a malicious actor involved, but not knowing different, I cannot ignore the possibility." It could well be someone that infiltrated this group, manipulated them and led them down a certain path to deal with something. A cultist, a malicious low-magic practitioner, a minion of a soul-reaping tremere... the possibilities are many.

Trying to blunt a bit the obvious supernatural trend, Corn tried to add a bit of ink in the water. "I make clear that I am not accusing anyone. However, a friend of mine in a European University has heard of a case of a student 'leading' such a ritual and trying to make it look more real, spiking the ritual water passed around with hallucinogens. He was found out in that case. But I doubt it happened in just one university in one country. Perhaps, and I am saying perhaps without accusing anyone, this is indeed a prank that got wrong."
    Corn hoped that Olivia is not going to get defensive and will be forthcoming about the details of the ritual. Corn was very interested about that. He was willing to take some risks to get his hands on that ritual.

Matt, if Olivia shares details of what ritual was used, I would like Corn to make an occult roll to see if anything comes to mind. Whether such a ritual could work and if yes, what could be the result. Whether any particular occult group uses such rituals/tools (whether they work or not). Etc.
    Also, Corn has a spec to superstitions.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well no, I didn't see anything directly come out, I am at this point adding 2 and 2 together and possibly getting 7 and this is either some elaborate prank in which case please bring the cameras in or something freaky is going on." Olivia paused as she picked up a notebook, flipped it open and handed it to Corn. "That is what we designed. Your classic pentagram, symbols around the outside for things like prosperity, success. The candle placement and things. The words are on the next page, we used Latin as it seemed appropriate."

The ritual was well planned, different elements even quoting the book and page number it was from. The books that were used were currently sat upon the table.

Make the roll, Witch can make her own roll for her own assertions or provide an assist to work as a team. Superstitions would also count. May the odds be ever in your favour.
    Apollo

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Given that Olivia specifically said they were doing this based of Wicca I went ahead and added in Witch's occult specialty

2 successes

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Here is mine!
    2 successes

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Corn and Witch take a bit of time looking over the ritual that had been created, their respective speciality fields in the Occult came of great use to the both of them. As far as the ritual design went... it was actually a piece of well thought out artwork, the meanings of markings, symbols and the placement of candles had been considered. The words had also been considered as well as the actions. They had taken elements from a bunch of rituals and information in the books and merged them together in some sort of beautiful collage.

Wicca, or at least the sources that Sleepers had access to was a hoax / con. The information that they had at their disposal was for the gullible and therefore this ritual should NOT have worked. However, in mixing different aspects and creating their own ritual what they had done is stumbled across some core occult principles as if by accident. 90% of the ritual in their professional opinion was total Rubbish, but A + E+ H = the possibility of something happening. Was someone involved? They were either so subtle it was barely noticeable and therefore whoever did this was a genius or it was just a group of college kids messing around and stumbling across forces they shouldn't be playing with.

Where did this portal go? What escaped? Was the portal still active somehow? Could it be reversed? were all questions that were currently unanswered.
    Apollo

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn's phone rang at that moment. At first he ignored it. The call came again. He frowned and waved 'one moment' to the others and picked it up.
    "What is it, Vincent? I am in... what?! ... oh... Which hospital? Yeah, I am on my way. Thank you, bro. See you there... Yes, Vincent, I will pick up Jenny... No, do not tell my wife yet. I don't want to upset her so early. Bye."

Corn turned to the other two. "I am sorry, really sorry. My aunt - Morgan, that's the aunt that owns the bookstore I work in - is in the hospital. It seems serious. I apologize, but I have to go. Olivia, I wish you the best. And take care of Morgan. Morgan, take care of Olivia."
    With a concerned look, Corn picked up his things and left the room.

I apologize for leaving this very interesting PRP so suddenly.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Her eyes still skimming and processing the "ritual", she didn't notice at first Corn's call. As the announcement of his departure sunk in though, she blinked at him almost stupidly for a second.

He was ... leaving?

They had just discovered that a bunch of college sleepers had caused a breach and he was leaving?!

Nope. He was gone. The door closing behind him.

"Looks like it's just us girls now," Witch said turning back to Olivia, her thoughts spinning, the words trying to cover it.

"So... seems like you guys definitely did more than dabble. There is a lot of thought that went into this. Do you mind if I ... hang on to this? I used to be pretty big in the occult scene myself. Maybe I can help in some way." It wasn't really a question. The notebook would be coming with her. But for the moment it was good to play nice with the one "ritualist" she had access to.

It would be good if Puck had had similar luck, but even if he hadn't, what she had was good.

Her fingers curling more firmly around the notebook, she looked to Olivia. "I think you are right to be cautious and not tell anyone about this. Is there anything else you can tell me? And then I can go out and try to help and you can relock your doors."

Stats

Equipment

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread