Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
PRP: A little bit of hocus pocus part 2a

Aug 12, 2022 : PRP - A little bit of Hocus Pocus Part 1
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

She moved out of the way for Witch to enter. "Please take a seat" she turned to look at Corn wondering if he would join them.

Giving it a day for Corn to respond to see if he is going in as well
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Thank you" Corn said and joined them. After he enters, he takes a look around with his mage sight to see if anything "speaks out" to his senses.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

As soon as Corn was out of the way Olivia quickly closed the door and scrambled for the 3 security chains and several bolts that had been fitted on the door. There was a sigh of relief before she slowly turned around to Witch and Corn and smile apologetically. She made her way to an armchair and sat down. "Sorry, my friends are going missing. I guess I am just paranoid" Olivia rubbed her temples, trying to alleviate some sort of pressure.

Olivia had somewhat of a spacious room clearly defined into areas. As Corn and Witch entered the room there was a small lounge area with a sofa and 2 comfortable looking arm chairs. To the left was a double bed, pressed against the wall with a bedside table one side and next to that a wardrobe. To the right was a small kitchen area. On the wall next to the door sat what looked like a crime board pictures of the chess club members and pictures of venues / places with different colour string linking different pieces together. The place was also a mess and adding 2 and 2 together and potentially getting 4 or 7 she was not getting enough time for sleep.

She looked at Corn and Witch "I know you are worried this.... situation may spread. Honestly, I do not think it will. Whoever it is seems to have it out for the Chess club. Maybe we made them angry in some way. I don't think it will happen at other colleges"

Feel free to roll perception + empathy
    Apollo

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Do you both want to continue with this plot as there has not been a response for 7 days. If not I will close the thread.

Witch Corn deltadream Fedup
    Apollo

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn tried to make Olivia to trust them more, so that she would be more forthcoming.
    "Why do you think whomever is behind these disappearances has it out for the chess club? Not everyone that is not picking up the phone is from the chess club, I think." Corn asked with honest curiosity. This seemed jumping the gun.

I think Deltadream had posting issues, I will jump ahead if that's OK.
    I have already rolled (and failed) to assist Witch.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"I think paranoia is warranted in this situation," Witch says as she steps into the room far enough to allow Corn to follow and the door to be shut.

"Your members do seem to have been targeted. But what could a chess club could have done to piss off someone that much?" Her question echoing in a way that of Corn's.

failure

Stats

Equipment

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Many think that Chess is this polite game of strategy. But when it comes to completions its cutthroat." She paused for a second "In reality, a competitive chess game is closer to a boxing grudge match than this imagined polite game. It is war on a board and your objective is to crush your opponents mind."

"Professional Chess players can be out for blood and there are those that would do anything to win. Last year we won the Pan American Intercollegiate Team Chess Championship. I am not saying it is a rival chess team but it is a possibility."

"Truth be told, I don't know exactly who is doing this. For all I know this could be a practical joke gone wrong." Olivia Fidgeted in her seat, slightly uncomfortable as she talked. "It may not be they are out for just the Chess Club but Occam's Razor tells us that the most simple answer is the most likely. No other students have gone missing, therefore the targets are the Chess club."
    Apollo

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Sybil sight:
    1 success

In his fate sight, the words of the chess woman are not particularly laced with the pull of fate. However something about her as a person doesn't just "ping", it's a huge lighthouse!
    We need to keep her talking...

Corn tries to make her open up more, thinking that talking about chess or tournaments would give him enough time to scrutinize her. And perhaps earn a modicum of trust from this fate-heavy woman.
    " Do you happen to think of any such club that may have issues with your club - or could have an issue with ours? Personally, I think that if you recounted a couple of your club's big victories - the surprising triumphs few expected! - we may know who to guard ourselves from." It seems that he is not that bad...
    3 successes

As Olivia talks - hopefully Witch won't interrupt - Corn attempts to scrutinize her pattern.

Scrutiny: 8S in two turns. Yes, Corn is "staring" but he asked her and hopefully she will think he looks amazed at their successes.
    4 successes

spells and effects

Let's hope that Olivia doesn't check his backpack... Corn is totally suspect.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's not another chess club." She said with confidence. She paused as she rubbed her hands together for a couple of seconds... "It's something else" She paused for a few moments before laughing nervously. "Can I trust you?" She stared at Corn and Witch "I mean really trust you?" Her gaze moved between the two mages before her. "Because, if I say this you will think I am crazy"

Corn

Corns scrutiny does not reveal anything out of the ordinary, no destiny, no fate laden purpose for this woman. As far as Corn can tell her connections to strands of fate are mostly normal. But the ping from Sybil sights meant something, almost as if she was connected in some way, shape or form. If only he could figure it out.
    Apollo

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch opened her mouth, thinking to bring up the letters and the dates and the boys, but Corn beat her to talking. And seemed to be finding success with his words.

So closing her mouth, she settled for a nod at her question of trust. Careful to reign it in at the last moment so it wasn't too emphatic.

Crazy huh? Crazy like two people who could manipulate the world around you to their will crazy sitting in your dorm room?

Stats

Equipment

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread