Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(The Vanishing) Three Hundred Bucks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

Matt's cell phone buzzed. He checks it and looks over to Nicole. "Your sister got to the police station. Should I tell her we're going to UC Davis?" His thumb hit a quick button in reply. An emoji.

"Thanks for this, Alex. I should mention, we offered a reward for the quick transport...
    Ah, I actually haven't had time to check. We were trying to race to the hospital. Nancy's the RN, so when she got hurt, I'm not proud to say I panicked."
    Nicole reached to her belt and revealed a leather cell phone holder clipped to her belt. A small tactical flashlight and a small blade were beside the phone as she draws the phone. She settles with both hands on the phone as she unlocks it.
    "It was crazy. A guy threw a car in front of a bar that we were at. Just one guy. We started filming after that when we saw some biker bite a lady."

Sounds of metal screeching and then a scream sound faintly from the phone.
    "Yeah, looks like I got the reason we started chasing them. Let me see if I got the attack on Nancy... You seen anything like this around?"
    She looks up at Alex as the phone screen records a high speed chase after a blue sports car. As she asks this, an ordinary sedan that was a few years old pulls behind Jack.

Jack's cell phone buzzed. A text has been sent to the phone Jack keeps for this official business. "Miss S asked us to accompany you. Can call me Gin."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(Mesmerize)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

He signaled to his driver to start moving. What a shit show... the Lord thought to himself.

"Whaaaaat?" he feigns as he leans in to want to see it to 'believe it'. "Was it a small car?" he asked, but the reality is he wanted to know if it was a small crowd.

He shrugged thoughtfully, "It is Sacramento and I've seen my share of nice cars but I don't recall that one in particular..." still he thought, wondering if he actually did know it in the nightlife.

3 successes

Jacque looked to Matt as he seemed to be relaying some info to a third party... Nicole's sister it would seem. It felt critical to plug that hole for now. "You look tired Matt. Why don't you sleep until we get to the hospital?"

8 successes

He glanced down to his phone. At least he had the backup he requested.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

The video shows a large, muscular man in a leather bikers vest throwing a car. It was not a small car. The quick movements in the background can be counted - there's a muscular woman who jumps back from the scene out of frame. There's a slim man and an average sized man who grab each other and duck away, looking frightened. There is a second man in the scene who the camera cannot seem to focus on. The image is blurry, revealing a large light skinned and black blur.
    Jack cannot remember seeing this car mentioned in his circles.

1 success

Matt made a sleepy acquiescence and soon was leaned against the car window. Within a few moments, Matt's eyes were closed and he appeared to be asleep.
    "Yeah, it was wild." She continues. "So we followed to see if we could apprehend them or relay their location to the police."

The phone was held so that Jack could watch as the recording continued. The camera now focused on a blurry man who was quickly moving. A dark haired woman was grabbed and a sharp, panicked scream ripped out of the woman. After a moment she fell to the ground, unconscious and bleeding from the neck.
    "Just like my friend." Nicole observed.
    Jack noticed the Prince's orchestra continuing to follow his group.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No shit," the Lord casually responded to the wild comment while surveying the video. It was an absolute mess.

"Where was this at again?" he inquired with one final question before the convoy reached its destination: the warehouse.

The two SUVs followed by Gin's car pulled in through a large curtain door. Cool as a cucumber the Lord attempted to stifle Nicole's resistance before it could get started, "Please leave your phone and weapons here and wait for me in the office."

3 successes

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

"At Rocky's." Nicole tells Jack.
    The mortal looks around the area with some trepidation as they arrive. "This isn't the hospital," She is protesting.
    Yet she turns to accuse Jack.

As she does so, she is confronted with a Kindred who is talented in his Family Gift. Her jaw was set in indignation when she made her accusation. Yet as Jack's words registered and his Gift rolled out, her jaw relaxed. Her hands reach to belt, dropping her cell phone and her small knife were deposited on the car seat. Yet she reaches to her ankle and lifts her pant leg. There in her boot is a concealed baton. The baton was deposited beside the knife.

The mortal exited the car and moves towards the office. She appears compliant.

failure

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The expected compliance satisfied Jack, his family's gift making resistance a futile endeavor. He placed the phone on airplane mode and slid it into his pocket and held the two small weapons in his hand.

He stepped out of the car and looked to Gin, "Take their phones, remove the SD cards and master reset them. Grab their names and addresses from their licenses and give me the list. I want the cards and I'll take a look at the phones before we give them back. I'll speak with each one privately and afterwards you will drop them off at the hospital in your vehicle. As far as they'll know you're an off duty officer helping out due to the earthquake. These belong to the woman who just went into the office." He hands the two weapons to Gin to retain.

He took one more look over the video, gathering pertinent details like the time of night and the color of the thrown car that he could weave into the story. The tighter you could weave truth and fiction, the better the false memories would hold.

Heading to the office he stands before Nicole and focuses on her eyes, "Tonight you met Nancy and Matt at Rocky's around [time before video timestamp]. After a having a few drinks, at about [shortly before video was taken] you heard some strange but loud noises outside so you went outside to investigate. Much to your surprise, you went out just in time to see a large, muscular man [match description in video] lift and toss a [color, make and model of car in video]. He seemed to be with a small crew [description of others in video] that started interacting with onlookers for a short time when one of them grabbed Nancy and bit her on the neck. The person who bit her seemed just as surprised as you were and was immediately apologetic. They tried to quickly explain that they were a traveling freak show trying to make a name for themselves and they made a mistake and forgot they had the wrong prosthetic inserted. They pulled out their fake, metallic sharp fangs from their mouth to show what had punctured Nancy's neck and even pulled out another pair from their pocket that would retract under pressure. Panicked by the mistake they had made, they ran off into the streets. Your next priority was to alert the police and to get Nancy to a hospital but then the earthquake hit at [time from the news]. A large, chevy white truck quickly came up behind you on the road and attempted to pass you on the shoulder. They failed to do so effectively and hit your right bumper and swiped the right side as they passed. Of course they didn't stop but you had to.

A good Samaritan, an early 20's young college kid with brown hair driving a grey VW jetta, was able to stop and pick you up. Due to the earthquakes they brought you to a location downtown to interview about the freak show and the injury to your friend. You had recorded a video but unfortunately in all the commotion you accidentally left your phone in the good Samaritan's car. The aged, confident and seemingly experienced officer advised you were not the first person to report this group in the last few months and the car throwing was a common stunt they do with a prop. The car is actually stripped out so its weight is within the range for the strong man to actually lift and toss. To unsuspecting onlookers, it just looks like a crazy strong guy. They advised they'd get back with you if they came across anything but the priority right now is the emergency caused by the earthquake. At this point, you and your friends will be driven to the hospital by an off duty officer in his personal vehicle and the interviewing officer asked that you write down your name, addresses and phone numbers on a piece of paper while the off duty drives you to the hospital."

Since we're at two days left this is the plan- Jack will use the Forgetful Mind to rewrite the details of the evening in each of the three's minds. The only difference in the above story for the other two will be that they won't have the recording or lost phone part for them, only mentioning that Nicole had recorded it but she lost her phone in the travel, most likely with the good Samaritan. I just need to know each NPC's resolve as that subtracts from the dice and if there's any time constriction since each roll in the extended action equates to 5 minutes and I'll post the rolls. After reviewing the other's phones to ensure they were reset and cleared he'll return the phones and pocket the cards. Gin will leave with the three and drop them off near the hospital and Jack will go his separate way with his SUVs with Nicole's phone on airplane mode.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

Gin looked over Jack's appearance for a moment and nods to him, satisfied to be taking orders. He was sent here on a job. If one glances over, he is carrying out Jack's orders briskly and with attention to detail.

As he looked over the video on the car, he surmised that the time of night was about forty minutes ago. Not very long ago. The car is a red sedan. The others in the video that could be with the aggressor is a large man wearing a black leather motorcycle jacket. There is some symbol on a patch that is sewn on, but the glimpse is too brief to get it. The man who threw the car could be described as a skinhead. He is tall, bald, with a tattoo on the back of his neck that looks to be some graphic design. He wears a black leather mortorcycle vest over a red T shirt. This vest has the same patch as the other man. Something glints at his waistband as he moves... looks like a large Bowie knife tucked in his waistband.

Each mortal has resolve 2
    Target suxx for this story is 5 successes

The bitten woman has slumped over after Jack finishes talking. If examined, she is alive and breathing. She simply appears to not be able to follow conversation or speak with the others.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

8 successes over 20 minutes for Nicole

6 successes over 25 minutes for Matt

9 successes over 15 minutes for Nancy

The Lord works his way through the minds of his three guests... Matt proved to be the most difficult where the state of Nancy's recent trauma made it easier for her mind to accept her new reality. After about an hour of work, the three were ready to go to the hospital with "off duty officer" Gin.

With the immediate work complete, Jack left the warehouse with the phone and the memory cards ready to provide a report to the Prince. There apparently was a new group of clowns in town- the kind that don't give a damn about discretion.

I'm good to wrap if you are, thank you for the scene. I flubbed one of Nicole's rolls and rolled a single dice, so I rolled a second with the remaining 7.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

The scene closes. Good scene

10. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread