Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The Nosferatu moves confidently into the bath house. A few minutes before, Liam lit the candles that help create the dream – like quality. The ghoul waits at one of the stools in the adjacent sitting room. Her ghoul, Liam, wears a fine tailored suit in grey with a white dress shirt. The tailored suit is reinforced in areas and tailored to account for the weapons he is required to carry in his role. The man appears average in every way. When a Family member walks by, he gives a deep bow of the head. He does not meet any Kindred's eyes; he is respectful and not presumptuous.

Jennifer sits on one of the concrete benches within the Caldarium. The electric lights in the bathhouse are set for a certain mood: soft and dreamlike. There is a deep pool, its own pool lights calm and steady. There is a new addition to the bathhouse. A painting encased in a special glass made to protect paintings from heat, humidity and damage was predominantly displayed. The painting was created by a Nosferatu, Cynthia Weiss. The subject was this very Caldarium, created some time ago.
    The new addition was brightening the space as Jennifer has chosen a seat near it. She chose a space for others to spread out nearby around her. Jennifer removes the gold scarf wound around her neck and shoulders, revealing the gruesome scar.
    She wore her college student persona today: black leggings and sea green tunic. Her Beast is Cloaked, as is her habit. She used no Vitae to Blush, her skin waxen and pale in the safety of the Haven.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen enters back from where her quarters are. She's wearing jeans once again, no shoes, no socks and a Seattle Seahawks t-shirt. She's sorta curious what's up tonight.

"Evening, boss."

Nice job on the painting and keeping it from the... unhealthy influences, she's gotta give folks that, it is a pretty impressive display. As is, she picks out one of the benches pretty randomly and sits down, looking around. Again, she muses, she's seen way worse meeting spots. She stretches and has a short look around.

"Ssssssso... What's on the menue today ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer looks up as Helen entered. "Hello, Helen. How have you been?" She inquired.
    "A few things. The sharing of information so that we remain a knowledgeable Clan.
    Alder Quartermain left the Domain. We saw that Jackson and Rufus came to Court. Archon Twist, Duchess and Priscus of the Daeva has not been seen at Court.
    Do you have information to share? Troubles for us to discuss?”
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The click of oxford shoes on the stone step can be heard as Connor descends into the Caldarium. "I'm sorry I'm late, there was an altercation at Nuit that had to be handled." He shakes his head slightly. "I love the place dearly, but it's going to be the death of me someday."

He steps up to the group, still dressed in his late 20's three-piece suit from the bar. "I am planning to meet with Jackson and Rufus soon. I have some wounds to heal if I ever hope for them to accept me as Kin."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Not too bad, busy with some things, lokking for peoplelooking into things, the works."

Also some others, but then, she's not going to spread that stuff out in here. Not because she thinks she can keep it secret forever or something like that, but even if things are working out the way she wants them to ? Some business ain't family business, especially when it's still under construction.

Does she know anything she deems important enough to share ? Hm... There's some things, but one isn't something she doesn't want to broadcast even in here and the other ? Way wrong audience.

"Might want to delegate some stuffs, then ?" she offers Connor, not that it's nothing he couldn't have thought of himself, but hey. "Albert Baker is Shadow Priscus. Funny thing is, he doesn't seem to think it was a little more complicated and a very 'clear' victory." Concerning Twist, well, what's there to be said ? "Jackson and Rufus did pretty well, I think. I mean, everyone left Court without too much trouble. That's gotta count for something, right ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods to Connor as he joins the meeting.

"Good to hear." She states to Helen as she states her thoughts.

"That is curious. I assume it could be due to the fact that the former Mekhet Priscus was adept at building allies. We have yet to see what Priscus Baker is truly adept at."

Jennifer considers the Arkwright Haunt representatives and gives a short nod. She looks to Connor. "You would know best how they fared."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"That's true. Might be worth keeping an eye on the Shadows' personnel politics and shifting relationships to each other. 'Three people - three covenants' sounds like a volatile mix, even if said covenants are pretty small."

Although that has its perks over other arrangements.

"And keep an eye out on general going-ons. I mean, seems like Priscuses and Whips come pretty cheap these days. The rank and file, I can live with, sorta, but two Priscuses and a clan Whip going poof just like that without any sort of warning or heads-up ? Dunno, but I don't like it. Wonder if it might be fishy, but pretty likely the trail is ice-cold anyway. Jumped town, under some piece of lawn or what do I know. You never know with Gangrel or Shadows.Still, I got it ear-marked to go sniff around when I got the time, but I ain't expecting wonders, really.

I mean, investigations are on the rise again, maybe it's fotr something to do with that ?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gives a nod to Helen. "I am quite curious about their personal politics. Whip Wells yielded the Priscus position to Priscus Baker. I was unaware that Priscus Baker was a powerhouse in the way of wielding deals."
    A glance between the two.
    "Have you had a chance to speak to Madame Hamura?"
    Jennifer glanced to Connor OBrien . As he did not say anything, she continued to speak.

"It is concerning that we have had people of note leave town. Former Reeve Durant was a surprise, as I expected that she would be setting down roots."
    Jennifer looked at Helen when she mentioned sniffing around.
    "You have your hand in a few things around town, don't you? You have time to go dive into another task?"
    "Yes, investigations are ongoing. I plan on going to talk to the prisoner, hopefully Priscus Baker will come with me." A pause as she looks to Helen.
    "Have you considered what I spoke about some time ago about becoming Deputy? Stepping up to claim a position could do the Domain some good. It is quite possible that if you put in a bid for Reeve, that you would be seriously considered. I know that you have avoided any positions, yet I am quite curious as to your reasononing."

Dark eyes look at Helen.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Does he have to be ? Hamura came in pretty recently, so if they time it right, it was Wells or him. I don't think Mr Wells would mind yielding the position if he gets something for it. Technically the other way around too, but normally, Longinus' lot tends to be a lot more publically active than the Acolytes. I mean, So far, there hasn't been much in the way of Circle publicity, while Conner's got Moore House as his project. I could see him taking a step away from Priscus to concentrate on that.

A little here and there, not too much and mostly cursory, really."

Also a little on the job, but that's exactly that. On the job. Not that much in person, but they'd see if that's about to change anytime soon.

"Earmarked, for when I have time, as I said."

She does her best to keep the irritated edge out of her voice, but isn't too sure if she's fully succeeded.

"As were most others. I mean, Bobby Quartermain did seem pretty well adjusted and Mable Wood, eh, no idea, maybe Gangrel do that from time to time, who knows. Quinn Durant was a surprise though, that's true. Maybe she'll pull an Edward and pop back up after some time. You never know."

Not that she thinks the chance for that is more than like 30 %, but you never know. That she's one of those she doesn't have a door to kick in to, might also be a factor.

"I don't like to butter myself up for a job, really, is all. If I'm good enough for a job and get asked if I want it, that's one thing. But making the rounds talking about how great my work is and if there's an opening, I'll take it because my great work shows I'm clearly qualified ? Dunno, feels wrong. I like to let my results do the talking for me.

But alright, I'll bite. What's the Reeve's job in this domain exactly ?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

“To be Priscus, there should be some ability in communication.” Jennifer offered her opinion. “We are the ones who acknowledge Family members and revoke privileges.”
    Among other duties.
    "Although, I am starting to wonder about the Mekhet ability to effectively track obligations. The former Priscus told us something. Then the current Whip assured us that he had not forgotten. Here it is a year later, and we have never been hosted by the Mekhet nor continued our plan past the initial meeting.”
    “I see. I know that I expect to be involved in the investigations for some time, if the past has been any indication.”

Jennifer continued calmly. If Helen was irritated, she should elaborate if she wanted something to change in how Jennifer addressed the suggestion. Jennifer herself had been advised by her allies to not take on every task that reared up. She was passing the suggestion on.
    “Not offering one up for a position is a way to never obtain the position. Which is fine if you are truly uninterested.” As Helen asked her question, Jennifer looks at Helen for a beat.
    Was that a serious question?
    “What is the Reeve’s job in the domain.” She repeated. “What duties do you think are delegated to the Reeve?” She asked Helen, curious as she watches the other woman.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread