Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

High Striker: Summer Strikers

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

(High Striker: Summer Strikers)Changeling Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Funderland's High Striker is an indoor venue built within a large metal building. It currently features semi mobile bunkers to allow the "arena" to be rearranged at random. These bunkers come in plywood, for greater realism, and inflatable barriers to mix up the lay out quickly. It is surprisingly cleared out of most of these in one area, near the only unlocked entrance.

A simple folding table and some chairs have been placed about 50 feet from said entrance. There are waters, some pizza boxes (cheese and pepperoni), Styrofoam cups, and a coffee carafe on the table's side nearest the door.

Summer's Queen side does have coffee, she is Circe, on her side of the table. It also has a toolbox under it, a towel, and Circe's hedgespun multitool at work on a telescopic scope and something else next to said scope. It is a confusing jumble of parts, glass lenses, and wires that look like a possible attempt to mimic the higher quality scope. One blue ear has a bud in it, with her smartphone on the table playing a how to video to guide her cost saving venture.

The blue Larcenist is working on her job work whilst waiting for Rlyeh to arrive.

Circe had an idea for a demo-model for customers to use that can't be traced back to anywhere. Red and black eyes look through the garbage up-cycled tube. It function. Not nearly as good as the real thing, but that is the point of a demo product.Want this but better? Buy our toys!, a thought that gets her to laugh: "Oh ho ho ho!"

ooc: the junk is just fluff as Circe has too much pride to ever use such terrible firearms or firearm accessories herself. IC/OOC reason? Circe and I have been playing Far Cry 6
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

R'lyeh's outside Funderland's Summer Seat for a long while. She should have been coming here with Colonel Worm-friend and not alone. It should have been before Summer's Ascent, and not in the middle of the Season.

Coulds and shoulds and woulds.

She tries to keep her hands from shaking as she flatted her blue-green check over shirt, and makes sure her off-white tank is tucked into the waistband of her worn secondhand jeans. With careful steps on her duct-taped together boots, she ventures passed the lobby door and into the wide area where the Crimson Queen would be waiting.

"Circe-Queen! Hello!" she calls. When she's close enough not to yell.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

4. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The cry gets a smile from Circe as she rises, "Foxy lady R'lyeh!" and is smiling, "Ya can come on over this way!"

Circe retrieves a paper grocery bag from under the table. Which she starts shoving the pile of miscellaneous parts into. Very noisily mind you, should make her easier to locate in High Striker.

What is Circe's attire when R'lyeh finds her? Queenly is only able to describe her Wyrd formed crown, flames dancing in the stones upon it.

The garments however are not flattering on the Fairest. She is wearing khaki cargo pants, a black long sleeve tunic, work boots, and a khaki cargo vest. Pockets for days, probably for carrying tinkering bits or tools.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

The noise of the bits-bobs-parts has the Drowned Fox's ears flattening as her shoulder hitch up, trying to protect them, but how unFairesty Circe-Queen-minus-Crown looks helps calm the Elemental down faster then if the Elf was wearing one of her work-suits.

Walking closer she settles into one of the available chairs. Curling her tail up onto her lap, and settles her fingers into her oil-matted fur.

"...hi." she says again, feeling weird. How do you talk to a Queen-ruler-monarch? She was scared-awed-intimidated by Rhodes-King and let him lead, she wouldn't speak first then, and Sera-Queen was nice-kind-gentle, but she wouldn't blurt out and stumble over words too much, ignoring how she's Questioned-Questioned-Questioned Sera-and-Sonnie when they met. But for Crimson-Queen-Circe-Groundskeeper who's Court she wanted when Colonel Worm was a friend and here, she would have let the talkative-friendly-high-energy-goblin talk and talk and talk leading and pressing and engacing, but here now. She just. Didn't know.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe, having cleared her space to look semi-not messy, sips her coffee as R'lyeh arrives. The tail gets her attention and a little jealousy. Greasy or not, still fluffy.

And the dialogue begins. Very quietly, getting a raised left eyebrow and ear from the blue Larcenist. Then a smirk, "Sssup? Ya hungry or thirsty? Feel free," she waves her hand to the pizza, coffee, and water. "So," she puts down the coffee, puts her elbows on the table, and folds her fingers together in front of her. Then? Waves her arms wide, "How may I help you tonight?"

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

She pulls some food towards her, and grabs the coffee. Anything to stall at least a little while. She picks at the pizza toppings, eats some. Then tears apart the crust. Eats it.

"....I was talking...I'd spoken to Colonel Worm about. Me joining Summer. But. I don't know if it was me excited-happy-friendship. Or if I really want Summer. So. I'm here to talk-ask-see about. Summer. Right from you. Since. You're. Uh. Queen. Of Summer. yeah."

Now that was awkward.Hope it wasn't bad-gross-wrong

10. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes I am Queen of Summer," the blue Fairest deadpans as she nods along with R'lyeh's declaration. Circe could take awkward, she inflicted often enough on others to work with it.

"I am happy ta recruit ya ta Summer. Do ya rage hot, cold? Fight? Want to protect what is yers? Want the business suit discount? Questions? Ooooh, questions would be good. Let us talk," she sips her coffee, "About why ya fit or want ta fit with the Iron Spear," Circe sends R'lyeh a warm smile. Trying to be friendly.

Maybe her policy of treating new Summers to a business suit wasn't something she should keep doing, but she got a discount from that store from repeat customer anyway so use it or lose it.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

She breathes out something like a laugh. It's more awkward-then-humour but it's there. It had to count for something. right?s

"I don't. Feel. Like how I think I should. All rage-violence-Wrath. I Fear. A lot. A lot-enough that Rhodes-king has seen-sought-spoken to me about it. But Autumn-Fear feels...too easy. Glove fit. But I don't want to wear that glove. I don't think. And Winter-hiding-knowing feels to...still. For me. I think if I was Sorrow-wrapped. I'd be still-silent-lost. Trembling-frozen-backup and run away." she takes a gulp of her coffee, fortifying herself as her trembles at the memory of cold-fear. "I told Colonel Worm and Gerrit-friend and Rhodes-king, that I think Summer is movement-action. Facing your Fear with teeth bared and snarling. ...I-I wanted....to know. If. If that was Summer. If I know-understand. Or as much as I can from the outside-window-watching. Or if there was...more.

"What do you do. Or no, why are you Summer? Summers I've known before have been. Not. Good. Too much red-blood-rage, and not enough. Roundness. Of character. Um...I don't even know if I'm explaining it right....sorry."

14. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe listens and pauses as R'lyeh puts it out fast. Getting an eyebrow and ear raised as the oily fox lets out all her thoughts and questions. The question of what Summer was thought provoking. But Circe was not a philosopher. Highschool education probably was her upper limit.

"I am Summer," she slowly says to R'lyeh, "Fer I am violent," her tone is calm. She then chuckles, "But it is cold rather than hot rage." She sips her coffee, "And yes. Whilst most view Summer as," her tone changes to something faux idiotic: " Raaargh Me charge, Me Smash, raargh. That isn't always true." She empties the coffee. She goes to refill, quite calm. "Just as it isn't always Spring are drugged hippies, Autumn are druids, and Winter are cowardly ninjas all the time." Circe is trying to think on this as she slowly prepares her coffee. "Ta be fair, I'm not much better at explaining deep shit either. I'm also assuming ya mean I have this roundness, and not as in yer calling me fat, oh ho ho ho!" She sends R'lyeh a smile then nods, "But I am certainly a bitch of action. Whilst my attacks may have a gap between threat known and destroyed, that is because I am acting. Recon, logistics, weapons prep, tactics, assault, victory."

Circe finishes readying her second coffee. "See, prep and fail at explain. I'd say also I am not the type ta say only Summer do fight, raargh, other away, raaargh." Circe assure R'lyeh, "I've met those like that. They're idiots. I am note. I encourage others ta fight too, Summer or not. Fight smarter not harder. Probably the gun thing," she shrugs and sips her coffee, "Maintenance, aiming, precision. Requires more patience than swinging an ax inta somebodies face. But fuck me sideways, is an MG42 fun ta shoot. Upkeep be damned, though legality is a bitch."

"Sssso, yer asking me if Summer is acting? Yeah. Majority sometimes without thought, often without thought," she nods then sips her coffee, "But that is not my Summer way. Mine is tactical. And cheering when are foes are dead, regarless of whom offs them."

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

She sits, alternating stillness and pick-pick-picking at the pizza toppings. Listening words-concepts straight from the Crimson Queen's mouth.

"Action-moment-thought? Not just she-hulk smash..." words said, not as loud as before, more for herself but still said. Outloud. "That's good-nice-good to know. Ya." a nod, "Is there always battles-thinking planning-ready for action-training? Or....is there. Other things? Between action-battle-winning? Downtime?"

17. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread