Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Forten's Illusion Ch 1 Extracting inform

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The captive looks at Jennifer for a beat. Then she looks away, looking at nothing in particular for a moment. She speaks while looking away.
    "They'll get her fed, one way or the other. What is the alternative? They lose their strong, experiences assistant."

"I am curious. Why the interest in Ashea?" Her eyes focus on Albert.

2 successes

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al smiled when the captive asked her question. It wasn't a smile that could be called anything near to friendly but instead cold and slightly predatory. It didn't seem to be something he often used and when he spoke there was ice in his tone. Yet what he said was no thread, just a statement of facts.

"We ask the questions here. You might want to think of the privileges given to you by us and remember that well..."

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

A name for the ghoul was verified. As well as a description. There was also a Masquerade Breach walking around looking for Vitae.
    Jennifer resisted a glance to the Mekhet Priscus. They were presenting a united front. I do not want to give Angela ideas that there were cracks to exploit. Was it a good idea to focus on what he did?
    "I want you to focus on Matthew Forten. You claim that you were not allowed in on the lessons that he had with students." She put signifigniant doubt on that belief.

"You must have some idea about them. How many were there? Where did they meet? You mentioned that they can do things last time that we met."

Jennifer leaves some open ended leeway for Angela to expand on. Jennifer was casting a wide net and would push when she found valuable information.

QuoteQuote:
    "There is some confusion, there. I have witnessed his students move supernaturally quickly. Or step through a door and then not be in the room when I looked. They look and smell like mortals, but they can do things. I am aware of a ghoul in the organization. I am responsible for supplying her."
    5 successes

Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jennifer Hazelton

3 successes

Angela tries to look away from Albert and Jennifer as they make thier assertions. Yet she meets Albert's eyes for a brief moment. When Jennifer speaks assertively, Angela shifts uncomfortably. She draws her knees to her chest as she sits on the cot.

"I know that there was a woman who was working with Forten on a special skill that Forten possesses. And I know that Forten's nephew is very involved in the lessons. I have seen another man, who is around thirty years old.
    I met Forten outside one of his warehouses while he was taking a break from teaching. He taught at least one of his warehouses.

I know that the woman and young Forten could move supernaturally fast. It was the two of them that seemed to go through a doorway and then vanish."

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al began circling the room in thought while taking notes, the smile withered into just a hint. After a while he stopped, still taking notes but not saying anything. When Angela finished speaking he looked at her with a raised eyebrow and tapped the biro on the notebook.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considers what the investigators knew about the players in the investigation. Angela, Lottie, Forten and Forten's students. Tonight, Albert and herself had learned some new information. Yet the evening was growing old. The sun was an ever present timer, looming over the night.
    What was a priority if this was the last inquiry?

Jennifer resisted a glance to Albert. Jennifer continued to stare at Angela as she considered their earlier conversation in these halls. What was important? What would the investigators be able to detect on their own?

Jennifer crossed her arms as she looked at Angela, focusing her expression as one of skepticism and disaproval. Jennifer used her body language to be threatening to the captive. Jennifer let the silence stretch for a minute. Several minutes. Implying that the Kindred questioning Angela had all the time in the world. Angela did not.

"Matthew Forten," Jennifer broke the silence. "- I want you to tell me more about him. What does he look like? How tall is he? What are his mannerisms?"

2 successes
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jennifer Hazelton

Angela looks back at Albert for a beat. She stares at him with her beuatiful grey eyes. Her eyes flick to the notebook. Her eyes cut over to Jennifer. The intimidation tactic that Jennifer had employed earlier seems to have made an impression, as her eyes are lowered to Jennifer. Angela is quiet. Apparently listening.

Yet after Jennifer speaks, Angela raises her head. Her eyes meet Jennifer's for moment before she looks away. She is quiet for a moment.
    "I could tell you more about Forten." She speaks. Is this manipulation? Is the captive bargaining with you?

"I know much. Yet... what happens to me after I tell you?"

2 successes

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Well, that was the big question and probably the biggest problem among the many... Al didn't hold it against anyone but he hated working like this without much of an idea, a plan or guidelines. Besides there might be the little problem of promises that couldn't be kept in the end...

With a frown that showed him in deep thought he began walking in circles around the room again, frantically thinking about some way he could word things vaguely enough so it may still get results without being tampered with from above or too clearly seen through. After a while he had semmingly found an answer as he stopped and began taking notes for the report.

"You'd be afforded a bit more freedom and more priviledges as a key witness... Though there are still prerogatives..."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer does not glance at Albert. She has another approach.
    "Hey." Jennifer's fist smacks against the wall between the prisoner and Albert and Jennifer. "You do what I ask. You tell me what I want. And I continue to feed you. Or I can just let you wither into a husk here if you want to waste my damn time." Jennifer inserts some feigned anger on these words.
    "Forten - all the stuff I just asked. What does he look like? Hell, how does he dress?"
    5 successes

Jennifer Hazelton

Angela looks over at Albert. She appears to be studying him. "Whats your name?" She expresses interest to Albert. "You seem to get that I am a valuable asset."
    As Jennifer employs intimidation tactics on Angela, she winces back from the loud thwack! on the wall from Jennifer's fist.

"Yeah, yeah. I have a lot of information." Her voice quavers. Yet as she continues to talk, it begins to have a seductive lilt.
    "Forten is a gentleman. He dresses in tailored suits and expensive accessories, such as his many high end watches and a few top hats. He favors jewel tones. He is elegant."
    Angela emphasizes this.
    "He has a slight Parisian accent that just makes his exotic looks come off as more dreamy. His skin can be described as cafe au lait for people who need to treat us people of color like food shades.
    His eyes are ice - blue and he has fine features. He is about six feet tall. He is lean, not very muscular."

1 success

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread